Sign in to follow this  
mantis

Chinese Herbs and Tonics for Health

Anyone currently take any? My hairline is somewhat receding (I'm only 19) so I buy shou wu chich regularly.

I was considering buying He Shou Wu but no cash now. How does it work for you?

I can't tell you what exactly He Shou Wu does as that is only one of the herbs in Shou Wu Chih but I can tell you what Shou Wu Chih has done. I am not completely sure of this but my hairline is showing some minimal improvement, I have had a small (but tangible) increase in sexual energy and I am growing more hair pretty much everywhere.

Please do not be cooned by expensive medicine against baldness. Just eat healthy and stop worrying. Find a haircut that suits you. Maybe bald is better, as girls love a complete and congruent personality with a fitting hair-shave, not necessarily a head full of hair. Kill this myth!!!

$7 for a month's supply is hardly expensive, but anyway your haircut/hairstyle is a large part of your image and your look in general. I am young and it is very difficult for me to just say "ah forget it I'll go bald" if there is something I can do I'll do it.

$7 for a month's supply is hardly expensive, but anyway your haircut/hairstyle is a large part of your image and your look in general. I am young and it is very difficult for me to just say "ah forget it I'll go bald" if there is something I can do I'll do it.

That's reasonable -- I for one manifest everything good or bad that's happening internally on the surface, and so do some of my teachers -- I've seen some of them grow 20 years older or younger within 24 hours! -- depending on what's going on inside... (I've seen one of them appear 40 pounds heavier or lighter within hours too... wearing the same clothes, mind you.)

However, he shou wu is not a remedy for baldness, it's a remedy for graying hair. The remedy for baldness is... um, I know many, many remedies that are supposed to work in theory, but practically, I've seen many quite bald TCM professionals, qigong masters, and the like. The God of Longevity himself is bald, so... apparently even the peaches of immortality don't cure that. Of course if hair loss is due to some minor internal/external imbalances rather than testosterone predominance leading to loss of follicular sensitivity to same down the road (a common cause), this can be corrected with internal/external adjustments of the general nature -- diet, detox, stress management, etc..

That's reasonable -- I for one manifest everything good or bad that's happening internally on the surface, and so do some of my teachers -- I've seen some of them grow 20 years older or younger within 24 hours! -- depending on what's going on inside... (I've seen one of them appear 40 pounds heavier or lighter within hours too... wearing the same clothes, mind you.)

However, he shou wu is not a remedy for baldness, it's a remedy for graying hair. The remedy for baldness is... um, I know many, many remedies that are supposed to work in theory, but practically, I've seen many quite bald TCM professionals, qigong masters, and the like. The God of Longevity himself is bald, so... apparently even the peaches of immortality don't cure that. Of course if hair loss is due to some minor internal/external imbalances rather than testosterone predominance leading to loss of follicular sensitivity to same down the road (a common cause), this can be corrected with internal/external adjustments of the general nature -- diet, detox, stress management, etc..

Is there any specific formulas you can recommend?

As for DHT blockers, I have already ordered Saw Palmetto softgels.

Is there any specific formulas you can recommend?

Well, only from books, I've no experience treating male pattern baldness in others and am myself neither male nor bald. ;) My Russian herbal encyclopedia lists Burdock oil as the primarly anti-baldness agent. I haven't seen it in HFSs but it's usually available in Russian food stores and pharmacies if you live near one. Or maybe you can find an online source. This you don't take internally for baldness but apply externally, rubbing into scalp an hour before you plan to shampoo. (If you don't mind oil in your hair, you might keep it there longer). They also recommend nettles decoctions for rubbing in, cayenne, garlic (I'm not sure you'd be able to live with the smell though), a bunch of other stuff, but whatever it is, it's deemed efficient when applied externally and rubbed in. In addition, washing your hair with something that doesn't do any damage (the easiest and pretty efficient way is to use an egg yolk instead of shampoo, with a drop of some essential oil or other to counteract the smell, otherwise you'll be exuding the aroma of an omelet). Of all shampoo/conditioner products on the market, the only ones I found that have nothing that damages hair are some of Aubrey's Organics products, and not all their shampoos and conditioners at that but only a few (look for the ones that don't list 'alcohol denat.'). They are pricey, but the egg method will add up too...

European oil of choice for hair preservation is rosemary.

Then there's Life Extension folks with their own brand of remedies; they go the amino way but also include topical irritants like cayenne to improve blood flow to the follicles. Then there's a huge Ayurvedic tradition of hair care prominently featuring amla, neem, and dozens of other herbs; they also like to keep hair oily (with special blends of coconut oil and herbal extracts) but that's part of Ayurveda's overall approach -- they don't like anything they want to preserve in good condition to go dry, desiccated, or oil-free. (Many of their internal remedies are taken with some fat too, usually ghee, for better absorption.)

Edited by Taomeow

I am using He Shou Wu due to kidney problems. My acupuncturist prescribed me to use it to tonify my kidneys and nourrish the blood.

Last autumn i lost 50% of my hair because of tyroid malfunciton and what i can see now is my hair regrows...i dont know if its Shou Wu related of not tho.

I also eat a fruit called Gou Ji Zi....i recommend it so much.

This is my experience so far with chinese herbs for health.

I am using He Shou Wu due to kidney problems. My acupuncturist prescribed me to use it to tonify my kidneys and nourrish the blood.

Last autumn i lost 50% of my hair because of tyroid malfunciton and what i can see now is my hair regrows...i dont know if its Shou Wu related of not tho.

I also eat a fruit called Gou Ji Zi....i recommend it so much.

This is my experience so far with chinese herbs for health.

Thank you for the tips, I just found a very interesting site for making chinese soups:

http://www.homemade-chinese-soups.com/chinese-herbs.html

I will begin to try some recipes with goji berries, every time I enter a chinese store I am so fascinated of all those herbs I am sad i don't know what to do with them and for what purposes....

I am doing a soup like that but I don't have pork ribs and goji berries, next time I will know what to buy:

http://www.homemade-chinese-soups.com/pota...oup-recipe.html

Sign in to follow this