Guest winpro07

Tao Bums Moderation And Steve

Guest winpro07
;) Edited by winpro07

I dont think this is productive, bro. Yoda may have gotten more than he bargained for, but I honestly dont think he's necessarily anti-kunlun - and who cares if he was anyway? His recent posts (after regaining his footing with his whole k debacle) have been straightforward, but not pointed or unnecessarily extrapolated. No reason to have sj stir things up and blame anyone else but - that thread was going along fine until...well, plainly obvious what happened.

Also, that issue was really the first significant issue that the new moderating team has had to deal with - I dont think its necessary to come down too hard on them.

<snip>

THE MODERATOR IS BIASED.

<snip>

I am certainly biased. We are just human and doing our best.

Honestly while I expect Steve to pop in and stur stuff up I'm disappointed at your change in attitude. It was either close that thread or kick out a heap of people. The whole thing degenerated into childish name calling and I don't care who started it.

& this can go in forum / Tech Support Section *moved*

Guest winpro07

He hides behind his reserved, polite, and seemingly balanced manner so he can take pot shots. It's like a shield

- how dare you say anything against yoda!?! he's sooo nice guy, sOOOO fair.

@winpro07

Apparently you have made some nice achievements, but I think you are influenced too much by the provocations. I know that you probably only 'play' with Steve, in an experimental way, tying to make a point, but with this behavior one can fall very easily into the trap. This reminds me so much of the saying about fighting with a pig. Both get dirty, and the pig likes it. Please do more self-observation.

@Moderators

Please really consider what winpro07 said about you being biased. I have quite a lot of experience with forum moderations losing their balance, becoming biased, and thus fueling the dissent instead of acting what the name says: moderation. If you feel it necessary to intervene, this has to be done very carefully, because like I said, otherwise you make everything worse. You know ... when you defuse a bomb, you should be really sure that you know which wire to cut. ... And in this case ... that would be both I guess ... or none and let the bomb explode ... then it's quiet. Moderators can be caught in the idea of 'necessary authority', and as you might be aware of, authority is not the best tool for de-escalation.

Personally, I didn't find winpro07's more aggressive comments insulting or inflammatory, because I see the intent behind them to get people out of their comfort zone. Also, I found NDF's comments so crass that they're in a way funny, or sad.

Edited by Hardyg

There are simple rules to follow here. Anyone can easily make their point without resorting to insulting, swearing, and threatening attacks (physical, psychic, etc).

@Moderators

Please really consider what winpro07 said about you being biased.

WinPro07, Hardyg,

Thank you for your feed-back.

I am taking it up with the other moderators and will get back to you.

regards,

Trunk

WinPro07,

You may be right about Yoda. In the process of moderation sometimes we target the big and nasty whilst the more subtle posters slip beneath the radar.

Quite rightly Steve has been warned and your posts also deserved being called out.

If you feel strongly about Yoda's posts then please copy and paste them here highlighting how they have breached our moderation guidelines.

Guest winpro07

there's no spiritual or cosmic requirement to learn the 'how' but with KLRP there is an ever increasing potential for manifestation which at the same time increases spiritual independence and responsibility. In the dual reality or 'this' world there is a constant time line, but KLRP leads away from that so there comes a moment where a thing like alien reptiles is both a personal and impersonal manifestation. Some people get stuck in the part of mind that cannot accept paradox as "real" and their ego gets stronger in this area..at this stage they have already been offered by the cosmos total independence and opted for a seemingly safer and more limited existence...

We use the mind as a last shell of defense against our own universal responsibly that is backed by highly intuitive ability stemming from divine heritage.

As a soul we already know all the ins and outs of universal law and deny our inherent knowing to avoid just one moment of realization that has been waiting literally inside our body and right under our nose our whole life. There are no rules about how long it takes to get there, or anyone to judge about not making it -except our own self.

in this dual reality every thought has it's opposite and every emotion too.

shame is what holds that little gate shut. It's opposite and balance is very easy to find

how many will look?

Edited by winpro07

That is more like how you normally post, nice to see that winpro back.

@Moderators

Please really consider what winpro07 said about you being biased.

Perhaps we are biased. Like I mentioned I am as I'm human. I try to be as hands off as possible. But sometimes things go to far. I don't care who started it. I don't care if someone feels they were targeted and someone else got away with the same offence. WE (the moderators) just stop it as best we can at that time.

I expect some degree of maturity from the participants here. There is never going to be unanimous agreement. But if people are unhappy with my actions they can always take it up with Sean. Bottom line is it's not a democracy, we are not elected. TTB is a dictatorship but we do try to be benevolent.

I would like to see more debate and discussion from others. As this was the first thread closure I'm interested to see how people feel about that.

I have never seen entire post completely removed as you did with mine.

Sniping this bit out for more discussion too in case anyone missed is as I feel it's quite important.

Sean's policy was to never delete anything from TTB. He would issue warnings and if people then wanted to edit their own post after (or not) that was fine.

We (moderators) have edited peoples posts for profanity and personal attacks.

We have also deleted posts (due to nothing being left after editing) for IIRC 3 members

Winpro07, Biff and Findley.

It is a learning curve for us (moderators) as well as members while we work out what to do and how to do it. But personal attacks and swearing are something we will not condone now that we have an active moderation team. Thats a new thing for TTB but like Scotty said anyone can easily make their point without resorting to insulting, swearing, and threatening attacks.

Why go to the effort of moderating in the first place. I want TTB to be a safe place where people can come and discuss their practices, whatever that practice may be. Our intent is to be invisible and do nothing so that makes it tricky as it's rarely black and white. So the catalyst that causes the change from inaction to action will always be a bit jarring.

So what responses are available to moderators?

do nothing (my favorite choice, usually things sort themselves out)

post a reply to the board

post a PM to the poster

edit the post

delete the post

close threads

move threads

delete threads

Sean and myself can also

Suspend members for X # of days, or totally ban members

The board software also has the option of making a members post need moderator approval 1st before it gets to the board. Personally I don't think we have the time or resources to do that and if someones posts continually need approval perhaps they would be better off not posting at all.

Sorry you feel that way as I have enjoyed your posts.

So how would you stop it turning into a bar room brawl and back into a pond?

First let me say that whatever goes down on this forum is OK with me. However I want to point out, and I assume plenty of you know this already, that Winpro started this thread because he wanted to put my name on a thread and quote some crap I wrote, out of context, because he thinks posting my name over and over will bother me and you can see the 'crap' I wrote really wasn't all that bad, nor was any of it deleted by the moderators.

You also know that he does it because in his weakness he doesn't want to hear the 'other' side of the story, even honest and soft remarks from Yoda hurt him. He also tries to bait me and get me to make 'comments' about him for just the purpose we see here, so he can post them, which he has threatened to do numerous times, and to divert me from writing some additional facts about the practice as I see them. So you see, he's acting like a cry baby, in a slimy sort of way, and I prefer to be straightforward and call a spade a spade. Also, places I've worked and some of the people I hang out with don't mind using swear words and some name calling so to me it is kind of normal and no big deal. I've seen others do it here so I felt like it fitted in well enough.

Edited by New Dawn Fades

Also, contrary to what Winnie says, I was only banned once from Tao Bums, so my suggestion is this: open the Kunlun demons thread back up and I will write the last explanation I had in mind, and I think it's Winpro's turn to take a vacation from Tao Bums so he won't continue to interfere and make it all ugly.

Winpro shares a lot of enlightening stuff and is a valued taobum. As far as I can see, he is allowed to give back some of what he gets, and to enter into the tone of a discussion and stand up to attacks. He is allowed to be flippant and funny and attempt to stem the flow of hot air by calling cards on table time.

How do you moderate a forum? Do you delete all the fear based posts that cramp people? Do you delete all the really boring windbags? Do you delete endless narcissistic stuff that contributes zilch? How about deleting sexist comments? All of these things send people away from the board, definitely.

I dont know. :)

I think Sean did it right. But I dont know how he did it. :)

I'm posting to show solidarity to you all in this evolving situation, that's all.

So here's a cup o tea /glass of wine from me, for all concerned.

xxx

PS I love all the talk about demons and ascended masters. It's relevant to me, so much more than semen retention. And it's stuff I dont know about, which is good.

Happy New Year everybody.

Guest winpro07

Steve, will you take kindly to having you teacher, friends, family constantly slandered and name called for two years?

I know you may say the Fook Yuen was flawless and the nothing bad could ever be said of him, but in this open forum available to the whole world it would not matter if he was flawless or not.

Imagine your words with teachers name or yours in the place of others

Steve Quotes:

"If I slapped Fook Yuens face would end up in the next county"

"This clearly indicates Steve Gray radiates sick energy and gives it to people too. This is in addition to whatever entities he may be planting in people"

"So think about Yuen, he just exchanged energy with three hundred sickies, are you sure you want a piece of that?!?!"

"So today Steve is the bitch, and well GIH was too (two in one day, woohoo), yesterday it was Fook Yuen, who will be next? We'll never know.""

"I had no interest in meeting Fook Yuen a circus side show performer, used car salesman type, who wears silk pajamas and teaches bullshit seminars"

"all the little bitches I know are men (well almost all =), most of them are on forums, and you, Fook Yuen, are one of them.

""

""Bullshit!""

You see it really wont matter who Fook Yuen was or who you are. When people read Lies they are apt to believe them. You may still feel self assured at this point, but what if the lying made its way back into your home town and among your associates?

Your bad comments above are a few among many and would be an insult to any person that received them.

You made your point about Kunlun 2 years back.

Why continue?

First let me say that whatever goes down on this forum is OK with me. However I want to point out, and I assume plenty of you know this already, that Winpro started this thread because he wanted to put my name on a thread and quote some crap I wrote, out of context, because he thinks posting my name over and over will bother me and you can see the 'crap' I wrote really wasn't all that bad, nor was any of it deleted by the moderators.

You also know that he does it because in his weakness he doesn't want to hear the 'other' side of the story, even honest and soft remarks from Yoda hurt him. He also tries to bait me and get me to make 'comments' about him for just the purpose we see here, so he can post them, which he has threatened to do numerous times, and to divert me from writing some additional facts about the practice as I see them. So you see, he's acting like a cry baby, in a slimy sort of way, and I prefer to be straightforward and call a spade a spade. Also, places I've worked and some of the people I hang out with don't mind using swear words and some name calling so to me it is kind of normal and no big deal. I've seen others do it here so I felt like it fitted in well enough.

I cannot image any of the moderators having Steve's agenda, tactics and slander directed at them personally and Steve still allowed to continue here, can you?

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Also, contrary to what Winnie says, I was only banned once from Tao Bums, so my suggestion is this: open the Kunlun demons thread back up and I will write the last explanation I had in mind, and I think it's Winpro's turn to take a vacation from Tao Bums so he won't continue to interfere and make it all ugly.

Actually Steve,

You entered the thread on page2 and covered a lot of slander and name calling before I got proactive on page 12

please keep your lies in order

If the moderators try to keep the forum 'clean', why not move the thread to a forum already existing for that kind of discussion? There is a subforum named "The Pit", in case nobody noticed. ;) There this gladiator fight could have continued and would have been very entertaining. I was so curious about whether it would have exploded further down the road.

And winpro ... the one with the butt-naga was hilarious! :D

I'm posting to show solidarity to you all in this evolving situation, that's all.

:) Thanks

How do you moderate a forum? Do you delete all the fear based posts that cramp people? Do you delete all the really boring windbags? Do you delete endless narcissistic stuff that contributes zilch? How about deleting sexist comments? All of these things send people away from the board, definitely.

Yes. The only comment I hear about TTB is basically variations on don't go there it's a hostile environment.

If the moderators try to keep the forum 'clean', why not move the thread to a forum already existing for that kind of discussion? There is a subforum named "The Pit", in case nobody noticed. ;) There this gladiator fight could have continued and would have been very entertaining. I was so curious about whether it would have exploded further down the road.

Well the Pit was (and still is) an option. A car crash is always a morbidly attractive spectacle but do people that visit a forum "created to discuss Tao, health, cultivation practices, nonconceptual meditation approaches and the historical developments of Taoism" need to hurl insults and abuse at each other? Or should they try to be more civilized in their choice of discussion methodology?

I cannot image any of the moderators having Steve's agenda, tactics and slander directed at them personally and Steve still allowed to continue here, can you?

If it helps, it is actually difficult to know the correct course of action. As moderators we do discuss this stuff with each other, trying to work out what to do. There has been much discussion about New Dawn Fades since the start of December. We also discussed winpro's (understandable) escalation of things. Eventually we had to go from "what should we do" to "do something now."

But that's all in the past. Currently it's clear, in this thread, that New Dawn Fades and Winpro07 know how to push each others buttons.

The question is. What do you both need to stop doing it?

Apologies?

Somewhere to duke it out?

Or a holiday to think it over?