Sifu Jenny Lamb's Upcoming Yi Gong Seminars

DATE CORRECTION for Sifu Jenny's Seminars

Feb 19-21 2010 Broomfield, CO Registration Deadline is Jan. 29th

Feb 26-28 2010 Encinitas, CA Registration Deadline is Feb. 5th

Mar 5-7 2010 Bay area, CA Registration Deadline is Feb. 12th

Mar 12-14 2010 Los Angeles,CA Registration Deadline is Feb. 19th

Cost: Lecture $20, Lecture + Seminar $300.00

To Register Contact: [email protected]

anyone here ever take a seminar with Jenny?

Boy do I ever want to.

Since he is probably isn't around to tell you himself, I remember Cameron went to one.

Edited by Creation

I just received this message from Jenny: "My DVD "Qigong for Self-Healing - Series I" has been released. You can order online from the Store at http://www.easterninternalarts.com/.'>http://www.easterninternalarts.com/. Also, the Relaxation Qigong audio CD has been updated for more healing power.

Because of a request from my master, I am starting to offer Energy Healing for those who cannot help themselves and are unable to be helped by modern medical science. As for teaching, after this seminar in Colorado (February 4-6th) I will spend less time teaching seminars since you can now practice following the DVD. I will spend more time doing individual healing work, retreats and training qualified people to be good healers and instructors. My future retreats will be open to those who practice with my DVD. The next retreat will be on May 4th - 8th, Wednesday-Sunday. There will be some online teachings available in the future as well. Check back on my website periodically.

In addition, I am working on making this February 4-6th seminar in Colorado also available online. If it can be done, for those who can not participate in person, you can participate online live and hopefully you can ask questions via chat . Please check back at my website at the end of this month for details.

Best wishes in your practice,

Jenny Lamb

http://www.easterninternalarts.com/ "

Has anyone try her DVD ? Can you learn much form it?

Has anyone try her DVD ? Can you learn much form it?

I've never learned from Jenny, but Max used to teach the spontaneous form very similarly, and I'll vouch for its efficacy any day of the week! I recall talking to Cameron after he trained with her and he said it was similar but with more emphasis on health and balance as opposed to the more spiritually transformative ways Max employs. When I'm doing the spontaneous form regularly, my back doesnt have a care in the world, and neither do my sinuses. .02 :)

• Like 1

Regarding the DVD this is from an email from Sifu Jenny:

"The DVD contents:

1. Ten Essential Qigong Exercises

2. Spontaneous Adjustment Qigong (Yi gong level 1)

3. Opening Channels Exercises

4. Tapping Qigong

5. Strike wall with back

6. The best time to practice

7. Plus extra bonus material

On the DVD is what I teach at my seminars. Of course, having a teacher present is the best option, but you can learn what I teach from the DVD. I also offer retreats. You can see what they include from the description on my website."

Regarding the DVD this is from an email from Sifu Jenny:

"The DVD contents:

1. Ten Essential Qigong Exercises

2. Spontaneous Adjustment Qigong (Yi gong level 1)

3. Opening Channels Exercises

4. Tapping Qigong

5. Strike wall with back

6. The best time to practice

7. Plus extra bonus material

On the DVD is what I teach at my seminars. Of course, having a teacher present is the best option, but you can learn what I teach from the DVD. I also offer retreats. You can see what they include from the description on my website."

I received the DVD last week. It's good. Just straight to the instructions; a simple clean production. Easy to follow as a result.

Seeing Jenny in her spontaneous qigong was awe inspiring and humbling. So graceful, and clearly she knows how to surrender to the qi.

What I particularly appreciated was her pointers on how to hold oneself -- both physically and mentally -- during the spontaneous practice.

The other practices are done either before or after the spontaneous to prepare the body, open the channels and distribute the qi. It is always important to practice these sorts of exercise to maximise the benefits from the main practice.

Edited by altiora

I received the DVD last week. It's good. Just straight to the instructions; a simple clean production. Easy to follow as a result.

Seeing Jenny in her spontaneous qigong was awe inspiring and humbling. So graceful, and clearly she knows how to surrender to the qi.

What I particularly appreciated was her pointers on how to hold oneself -- both physically and mentally -- during the spontaneous practice.

The other practices are done either before or after the spontaneous to prepare the body, open the channels and distribute the qi. It is always important to practice these sorts of exercise to maximise the benefits from the main practice.

i agree.

i purchased the DVD the day it became available when she first announced it in the facebook group.

i really like her teaching style, AND her sensibility. it has helped me connect with the practice in a new way. i for one am grateful for it.

plus, the production quality is pretty good. Chris (Mantra) really knows his stuff. when i'm ready to start actually making videos, he's probably gonna be my first call. seriously. he's just good.

anyone feel a transmission from the DVD?

the skill that she exhibits in even the most basic of moves, coupled with the purity and grace expressed in her spontaneous form... that's transmission enough, if you ask me. and yes, i can literally feel that when i watch her, but not some intensely saturated energy current, if that's what you mean. that's not what she's about.

but you can taste the internal by observing her external. and that kind of transmission is precisely what makes teachers so important.

i will definitely be meeting her this year.

Got the Self Healing Qigong series 1 a few days ago and practised today.

The production is very good, I would say it is the best I've seen.

The vibe I get from watching it is simply fantastic.

Her voice, the tranquilty of her body language instills confidence. I wouldn't hesitate to go one of her seminars if she comes to Europe again.

I followed the whole DVD, got into spontaneous movements, it build a lot of heat.

Before I started qigong I was into dancing, especially afro-cuban, cuban salsa and african tribal stuff. The funny thing was my body did something similar to african tribal dance; I know now why I was into it at that time :)

I couldn't let go completely but hey, this was only the first day of this magnificent exercise.

BIG thumbs up from me!

• Like 1

I received the DVD yesterday. It is amazingly good. Even if I can attend her workshops, it is worth having a DVD for reference and instruction.

I had also taken several workshops from Max. What Max calls Kunlun is the same as Jenny's Spontaneous Self-Adjustment Qigong. What Max had added is integrated in the Red Phoenix mediation, which helps intensify the practice to accelerate one's progress. According to Max, the two practice were once joined. It is needed to attain the Golden Dragon or Golden Phoenix body.

What I love about Spontaneous Self-Adjustment Qigong is the effortlessness. The body knows where it needs movement and adjustment. It certainly use the Taoist Principle of Wu Wei (effortlessness or minimum effort). I wasted too much effort and time on Zen and other slow methods to the enlightenment.

• Like 1

What I love about Spontaneous Self-Adjustment Qigong is the effortlessness. The body knows where it needs movement and adjustment. It certainly use the Taoist Principle of Wu Wei (effortlessness or minimum effort). I wasted too much effort and time on Zen and other slow methods to the enlightenment.

lol Zen is not a slow method if you know what you're doing.

FTW!

i might have to add this to my signature. :lol:

additionally, if you don't approach the practice with a zen or vipassana type quality of awareness and recognition, you're not going to get very far in the practice. you'll have some cool experiences, but you won't break through. Sifu Jenny says as much herself. if you're not bringing that quality of awareness to bare on the practice, then it is not Yi Gong.

• Like 1

Also, I have met many students of Zen in China, monastic and lay alike, who are not strangers to 自发功/spontaneous-arising qigong.