Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

My PT client just broke both of her legs in a car accident

In the absence of "Embrace Horse" I want to find a system, preferably on DVD, that can get her chi flow going in a seated position. Her natural advantages are a fierce determination, incredible health and vitality (she's a triathlete), she's well-educated, and she'll have a lot of time on her hands. I'll most likely get her a copy of "Energy Work" by Robert Bruce as I've found his instructional style very effective, and I may go ahead and loan her my Gary Clyman DVDs.

Any other reasoned recommendations by TTB instructors would be invaluable. Here's a chance to work with a lab rat of high caliber. Thanks in advance.

Uh...PS - She's never done energy work

Edited by Blasto

Hey Blasto - the 8 Brocades are a perfect sitting form, and also a super introduction to Qigong. I would also recommend Cloud Hands/silk-reeling type movements for anyone chairbound, to facillitate relaxation and build up a feel for Qi. You have to convince her that her chances for quicker and more complete recovery will be better if she remains relaxed. If she's a good athlete, she'll understand something about the recovery phase and supercompensation, she needs to apply that portoin of the training phase to her healing.

In her case, because of the legs, I'd guide her through dantian/yongquan and marrow breathing. And look into accupressure specifically for bone breaks. One of my teachers got his arm broken by a beginner with a sword and he recovered extremely quickly. He said it was the accupressure that helped most but I don't think we ever discussed exactly what he did at that time.

Lot's more advice coming soon from others, I hope :)

In the absence of "Embrace Horse" I want to find a system, preferably on DVD, that can get her chi flow going in a seated position. Her natural advantages are a fierce determination, incredible health and vitality (she's a triathlete), she's well-educated, and she'll have a lot of time on her hands. I'll most likely get her a copy of "Energy Work" by Robert Bruce as I've found his instructional style very effective, and I may go ahead and loan her my Gary Clyman DVDs.

Any other reasoned recommendations by TTB instructors would be invaluable. Here's a chance to work with a lab rat of high caliber. Thanks in advance.

Uh...PS - She's never done energy work

Get her to order moomiyo or shilajit. This is a bone mender second to none. Moomiyo from Altai is superior.

Put her on an HGH releasers amino protocol (not straight-up HGH).

I used this strategy a few years ago when I fractured my sternum in a car accident. It healed in half the usual time, according to the doctor.

Could always try what Kan did - "embracing the tree" while in bed..

Kan started on his path around the age of twenty. He had been a rugby player on the All Japan team when he suffered an injury that left him paralyzed from the waist down. Doctors told him he would never walk again and as he lay in the hospital adjusting to the idea of life as a paraplegic, a stranger entered his room and showed him a chi gong posture known as "holding the ball." The stranger disappeared immediately afterward and when asked about him the hospital told Kan that they had no idea who he was.

Kan held the posture every day as he lie there watching television. After a few weeks, he noticed that he could move his toes ever so slightly. After a few more weeks, he could wiggle them freely. After a few months his spinal cord had nearly repaired itself and eventually he could walk. Life had returned to normal for him and it was as if the accident had never happened.

I have an excellent brainwave entrainment program that uses the Schumann Resonance and delta frequencies to release HGH and promote healing. She can listen to it while lying in bed.

If you think that she would like to try it, let me know and I will upload it on Rapidshare for you.

Here's an example of a practice that I like to call Waterfall Breathing...

XMFqBv2f9Zc

Crappy video. Only linking it because it shows the arm movement.

Some good aspects to add are...

1) On the inhale spread the palms wide open to the sky. On the exhale, relax them facing the earth.

2) Smile and breathe into the belly. If she needs help smiling, watch some giggling baby videos on youtube, or if that's not her kind of humor, Idiocracy.

3) The eyes gently follow the hand position, moving slightly up and down, looking at nothing in particular.

4) Drop with the elbows on the exhale, don't push down with the hands.

After like 50 relaxed breath movements (the more the merrier), have her sit still with the palms over the dantien until the feelings subside. Then massage the whole body from the top down.

I PM'd ya, but wanted to state publicly that this is a perfect example of the need for more medical qigong healers. Broken bones heal MUCH faster and pain is eliminated with a twice a week visit to a medical qigong healer.

All the self-healing examples so far seem to be good as well. We have seen huge success with broken bone healing in clinic.

In jin-shin-jyutsu they have "fun with fingers and toes" and the drill is simply to gently hold a finger or toe for a while, then the next and so on. It's a simple simple way to get energy flowing through the channels in the arms and legs.

She probably can't touch her toes (due to casts) but if she has friends/visitors who are willing they could:

- Gently hold a pinky toe with each hand (well, with finger tips :rolleyes: ). Just still, gently, for a few minutes.

- Then switch to the next set of two toes for a few minutes and so on.

This will help the nervous system repair, gets energy flowing. You'd be surprised what qi flow such a simple thing generates.

I assume that her toes at least are showing through her casts.

blessings,

Trunk

In jin-shin-jyutsu they have "fun with fingers and toes" and the drill is simply to gently hold a finger or toe for a while, then the next and so on. It's a simple simple way to get energy flowing through the channels in the arms and legs.

She probably can't touch her toes (due to casts) but if she has friends/visitors who are willing they could:

- Gently hold a pinky toe with each hand (well, with finger tips :rolleyes: ). Just still, gently, for a few minutes.

- Then switch to the next set of two toes for a few minutes and so on.

This will help the nervous system repair, gets energy flowing. You'd be surprised what qi flow such a simple thing generates.

I assume that her toes at least are showing through her casts.

blessings,

Trunk

Good point; I'll check. I can't say enough about Robert Bruce's book. Just the leg position instructions alone for getting sensations coursing through the foot (ankles, heels, balls and toes) is worth the $$, IMHO.

Lot's of good stuff so far. Thanks folks!

I can't say enough about Robert Bruce's book. Just the leg position instructions alone for getting sensations coursing through the foot (ankles, heels, balls and toes) is worth the $$, IMHO.

Hi Blasto,
Robert Bruce's website and book have been amazing for me in learning to get the energy running by mentally stimulating points and reflex areas. TCM says the kidney meridian is in charge of bones, so maybe get your PT patient to focus on K1, K3, and K6 using Bruce's methods?

Also, I've found I can activate the channels that run through various areas of my legs by mentally stimulating the reflex areas that reflex there. Look at a reflexology map for this. For example, the middle outside of the foot reflexes to the knee. I discovered this working with Bruce's method, when focusing there activated the channel leading to the top of fibula (Gall Bladder)! I didn't know that was the reflex area to the knee! It was a revelation for me.

There are a gazillion reflexolgy maps out there. Area 58 on this one shows where I was using Bruce's method and started the current up the outside of my calf to my knee.
Pretty Good Reflexolgy Map

Here's another one that shows the reflexes to the bones!
Reflexology chart showing bones

Also, you don't have to buy Bruce's (excellent) book to learn to use his method, as he has generously provided a free online tutorial:
Bruce's free online tutorial

As you can probably tell, I love this stuff!
  Edited by cheya

Hi Blasto,

Robert Bruce's website and book have been amazing for me in learning to get the energy running by mentally stimulating points and reflex areas. TCM says the kidney meridian is in charge of bones, so maybe get your PT patient to focus on K1, K3, and K6 using Bruce's methods?

Also, I've found I can activate the channels that run through various areas of my legs by mentally stimulating the reflex areas that reflex there. Look at a reflexology map for this. For example, the middle outside of the foot reflexes to the knee. I discovered this working with Bruce's method, when focusing there activated the channel leading to the top of fibula (Gall Bladder)! I didn't know that was the reflex area to the knee! It was a revelation for me.

There are a gazillion reflexolgy maps out there. Area 58 on this one shows where I was using Bruce's method and started the current up the outside of my calf to my knee.

Pretty Good Reflexolgy Map

Here's another one that shows the reflexes to the bones!

Reflexology chart showing bones

Also, you don't have to buy Bruce's (excellent) book to learn to use his method, as he has generously provided a free online tutorial:

Bruce's free online tutorial

As you can probably tell, I love this stuff!

Adeha

Thank you so much for this link. Glad to hear about your success with RB.

I want to thank everyone for your thoughtful advice. She's purchased several items and supplements off the list of recommendations you all offered. I'm going to be training her three times a week starting next monday. Here's a link that shows what she and her husband went through. Dialogue begins at 1:10. Her injuries were underreported. The EMTs told them to buy a lottery ticket because the luck factor was off the charts.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?co...8241&ref=mf

Edited by Blasto

Sign in to follow this