Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Taoist Philosophy

Hello MH,

"The truly wise man considers both sides of the question without partiality and sees them both in the light of Tao. This is called the principle of following two courses at once".

which has some parallels for me in the example below although the quote above is what might be called generic based:

"Monism is the doctrine that reality is a one whole or existence without independent parts. Theism is the belief that God exists as a real, conscious, personal Supreme Being. Monistic theism is the dipolar doctrine, also called panentheism, that embraces both monism and theism, two perspectives ordinarily considered contradictory or mutually exclusive, since theism implies dualism".

Om

Yes, Pantheism, or Panentheism covered that aspect very well, I think. I have a friend on another forum who is a Pantheist and we get into some really neat discussions sometimes. Of course, we begin with a disagreement but in the end, since All is One we are in agreement.

I think that of all the world's religions, if I were to become a religious person I would probably become a Pantheist.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this