saltydeath

Taoist teachers in Taiwan/China?

I'm interested in going to Taiwan or China to study Taoism, as soon as I finish studying Chinese here. Does anyone have any recommendations for teachers or learning centers that are open to people with limited Chinese? I have an English teaching certificate and would like to teach English part-time too, so I'm not looking to stay in a monastery or temple full-time. I'm also interested in qigong and bagua to go along with the internal cultivation.

Can't help you with the first part, but certainly I can with the second:

Bagua:

1. He Jinghan

2. Luo Dexiu

They are both based in Taipei.

They are both top class Bagua teachers; however their systems are totally different.

Send me a PM if you would like to know how to meet them in real life.

You will like Taiwan, very traditional place but the Japanese influence can be felt subtly.

Good luck!

Edited by durkhrod chogori

I can recommend going to Hualien, Taiwan where there is a Tzu Ji Buddhist university that has a Chinese language study course. The place is very nice, fresh air (oh so rare in Chinese places) quite cheap even compared to mainland China, and Taiwanese are just amazingly nice and pleasant to live among. Dunno about Taoist teachers though.

Not many left and the ones who teach don't teach foreigners mainly because of the language barrier, unless you are fluent in Traditional Mandarin. But you need to find one first, which will happen according to yuanfen, and even though they are reclusive. Anyway they will hold up stuff and might reveal it to you 15 years later. Very Yin people, that's how the Chinese are.

Edited by durkhrod chogori