Sign in to follow this  
Franko760

Sweet Dreams?

Lately i've been having dreams that later play out in reality. Im not saying that there is anything great about them, they're usually very brief. I've been thinking about dreams alot more though. What are dreams? I used to think they were just images made of our imagination, but this has been kinda scary. Any thoughts on this?

Dreams are awesome. A lot of different theories, traditional interpretations, and other interesting study and research on dreams.

Some people say that it's nothing more than your brain firing randomly in your sleep, which accounts for the jumbled and (seemingly?) random nature of dreams.

Others in that same vein say it's your mind processing information after it "wakes up" but before your body wakes, or that it is your subconscious processing information/screwing around.

Others say your mind or astral self wanders around and meets whatever happens to be in the local area, and maybe even meets with things from further away.

And then there are all kinds of methods of lucid dreaming or initiating out of body experiences from lucid dreams, which let you do some pretty neat things.

I personally think that it depends on the person, depends on the dream, and depends on the situation. I've found all of the above to hold for me, and not one theory (that I've heard of, at least) works across the board.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I agree with Sloppy Zhang,

I doubt that there is any one completely valid explanation of dreams.

Dreaming of future events may just be the activity of what you had been thing about during your awake hours and you are actually causing your dreams to become reality. Kinda' like hyponosis or auto-suggestion.

I don't think it is something that one should be overly concerned with unles your dreams are negatively effecting their awake life.

Peace & Love!

Franko760 - i have the same thing! Very often it's like i'm doing something, totally random, and this very direct feeling appears like "wait a minute! i had this exact same scene in my dream few months ago! identical! what to heck?!"

Sign in to follow this