Taomeow

Have you been paying attention to sunsets?

I don't know what it is, but lately they are getting more and more dramatic. I live by the ocean and I check them out often so I know what a "typical," "average" one looks like here -- well, in the past month or so I'm noticing they aren't "the usual," they are so spectacular, so expressive... A couple of weeks ago I saw one like a giant crimson jellyfish, then one like the open belly of some ephemeral sky-sized animal bleeding into the ocean, and today -- an enormous winged dragon in flight across the ocean, its mouth open, a red tongue sticking out, red flames coming out of it too, dark wings covering the rest of the sky. Been wondering... has anyone else noticed any changes in the "style" of sunsets where you live?

???...

Guest paul walter

I don't know what it is, but lately they are getting more and more dramatic. I live by the ocean and I check them out often so I know what a "typical," "average" one looks like here -- well, in the past month or so I'm noticing they aren't "the usual," they are so spectacular, so expressive... A couple of weeks ago I saw one like a giant crimson jellyfish, then one like the open belly of some ephemeral sky-sized animal bleeding into the ocean, and today -- an enormous winged dragon in flight across the ocean, its mouth open, a red tongue sticking out, red flames coming out of it too, dark wings covering the rest of the sky. Been wondering... has anyone else noticed any changes in the "style" of sunsets where you live?

???...

Yeah I saw all those things too the other day.....ummmm...?...oh yeah...now I remember that was all in 'Avatar'!! ;)

Yeah I saw all those things too the other day.....ummmm...?...oh yeah...now I remember that was all in 'Avatar'!! ;)

I haven't seen Avatar yet, is there a connection?.. am I channeling it or something?..

Guest paul walter

I haven't seen Avatar yet, is there a connection?.. am I channeling it or something?..

No connection (but then again who knows!). There are winged dragon creatures (though no fire breathing)on the planet and lots of digital colours/effects (the planet is interconnected/alive in the Gaia sense), in particular an uber-dragon which reminded me of the giant Peng bird at the beginning of the Inner Chapters of Chuang Tzu -but that's just me. Paul.

No connection (but then again who knows!). There are winged dragon creatures (though no fire breathing)on the planet and lots of digital colours/effects (the planet is interconnected/alive in the Gaia sense), in particular an uber-dragon which reminded me of the giant Peng bird at the beginning of the Inner Chapters of Chuang Tzu -but that's just me. Paul.

I had those feelings a couple of years ago.

It ended up being a consequence of my own heightened awareness, yet I always wondered if it also was connected to something less subjective.

States of consciousness and weather; connections?

h

I don't know if they're becoming more dramatic than in the past, but tonight's sunset was gorgeous. I really enjoyed the pink hue across the sky.

???...

Which ocean? I live in Santa Fe NM, the land of "peyote sunsets". Nothing like it!

ralis

I live in Indio CA, the coachella valley. I have also been noticing the dramatic change in the sunsets. I took a few photos the other day and would be more than glad to share them.

Guest winpro07

clouds are consciousness. The sky is very alive and receives the light from our own eyes. The brighter we become the stronger our relationship with the elements. We literally interact.

Edited by winpro07

clouds are consciousness. The sky is very alive and receives the light from our own eyes. The brighter we become the stronger our relationship with the elements. We literally interact. The sky will paint it's self for you

I guess it's time for Joni now

h

Which ocean? I live in Santa Fe NM, the land of "peyote sunsets". Nothing like it!

ralis

Pacific, San Diego area. Where I live is very close to the ocean and the ocean is all there is in the west, so the sun always sinks into the water. (That's another, ongoing, mystery for me -- why the sun can linger on the horizon as long as it likes, getting lower and lower very gradually... but once its edge touches the water -- puff! -- it sinks almost right away, within less than a minute it's gone. Does it become soaking wet, soggy and heavy when it touches the water? :) I once wrote a poem that began, "when the day is thrown into the ocean like a stone," but then started wondering, will anyone who doesn't watch the sun sink abruptly like that know what I mean?..)

I've never seen a "peyote sunset" though -- got any pics?

Maybe it is you who is getting more dramatic, spectacular and expressive. :lol:

:lol:

(That's another, ongoing, mystery for me -- why the sun can linger on the horizon as long as it likes, getting lower and lower very gradually... but once its edge touches the water -- puff! -- it sinks almost right away, within less than a minute it's gone. Does it become soaking wet, soggy and heavy when it touches the water? :) I once wrote a poem that began, "when the day is thrown into the ocean like a stone," but then started wondering, will anyone who doesn't watch the sun sink abruptly like that know what I mean?..)

Of course you know ;) Water (vapor) bends light, yes? When the sun starts getting squished, its ostensibly already below the horizon!

I don't know what it is, but lately they are getting more and more dramatic.

One of the few positive effects of increasing air pollution...

:(

One of the few positive effects of increasing air pollution...

:(

I hate to think that's what it is, but then, I'm seeing ten times the chemtrails too... and people who've been watching them for decades say so as well: a dramatic increase.

I do sun gazing as part of the Burning Palm and each day is as beautiful as the next most of my training incorporates the elements.

MAGIC

???...

Like this perhaps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash

Green flashes and green rays are optical phenomena that occur shortly after sunset or before sunrise, when a green spot is visible, usually for no more than a second or two, above the sun, or a green ray shoots up from the sunset point. Green flashes are actually a group of phenomena stemming from different causes, and some are more common than others.[1] Green flashes can be observed from any altitude (even from an aircraft). They are usually seen at an unobstructed horizon, such as over the ocean, but are possible over cloud-tops and mountain-tops as well.