Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Zhang

Dealing with Connectedness

So lately in my practice I've been really focusing on staying "connected", with other people, with the environment, the "universe" in general, and trying to tune into "the flow", I guess you could say, of things.

But in doing so I've started to realize how separate I have my myself through my life, and I'm starting to realize how "separate" we all make ourselves in general.

But it's kind of a double edged sword, because now that I'm feeling connected to more and more things, I'm also picking up on strange new feelings and energies. It's not that it's disturbing necessarily, it's just.... well new, and a lot of it feels very foreign and strange. I guess another way of thinking about it is my sense of "personal space" is changing, in that I am starting to feel more things from further away, so my "personal bubble" is shifting around.

Anyway, I was just wondering what advice any of you had with dealing with new energies and feelings such as these. What helps or has helped you or others in getting through this stage?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I've never tried to re-attach myself. This is what I did instead. I started wondering, "Where did I get the idea that I am separate to begin with?" See, if I am separate, it makes sense to glue myself back to the rest of the world, or to re-unite myself, etc. But what if I never were separate to begin with? Then if I try to re-unite something that was never separate to begin with, won't I be strongly deluded? In fact, by trying to reconnect with the world, won't I be reinforcing the idea that I am indeed separate and thus could use some reconnection?

I think the issue here is not with the feelings but with the ideas about what is really going on, what is taking place.

Edited by goldisheavy

Focus your mind to a point on task of being craft centers expand perepherals relax center shrinking center point relax gaze let go empti focus exchange edges with centers edge focus tune hum sing dance glow whirliwonderous fun

Edited by Spectrum

From the internal martial arts ,Baguachang is the one that mostly deals with all the energies inside as well as around you,so that when walking in circles the practitioner really tries to flow with the flux of all of the eight energies of the universe,including trees,sun and stars,buildings ,other beings and so on.This surely goes well into the realms of meditation.

Concerningthe feeling of being separated,taoists hold the point of view that this feeling of being separated only vanishes after the death of the ego, which fights hard against it,

Nevertheless the passing through that fear,the fear of the death of the ego,is considered an important alley for those that want to reach the higher levels of taoist meditation.

there are lots of Dharmas (teachings and laws) related to interacting with the world and everyone and everything going on... such are to help not hinder.

Consider that all the big things can be met if all the very small things are met correctly, thus also enjoy the so-called small things and moments and the natural order and wonder that is unfolding without trying speed up or force such unfoldings.

Sign in to follow this