Sign in to follow this  
secularfuture

"Convert To Christianity To Recover From Scandal"

This kind of crap makes me mad! :angry:

Complete Story on Huffington Post

What are your thoughts about this?

Why shouldn't the public be able to forgive a Buddhist, or a Taoist for that matter?

It's not Tiger who has to recover, it is all the bigots and evil-wishers who need to recover and I will add Mr. Hume to that list.

Those bitches and bastards have picked on Tiger so badly it is really sickening. I wonder how they can go to church on Sundays knowing that they are bigots, hypocrites and evil-wishers.

Peace & Love!

It's not Tiger who has to recover, it is all the bigots and evil-wishers who need to recover and I will add Mr. Hume to that list.

Those bitches and bastards have picked on Tiger so badly it is really sickening. I wonder how they can go to church on Sundays knowing that they are bigots, hypocrites and evil-wishers.

Peace & Love!

I agree with this sentiment 100%. Well with the difference that as long as they limit themselves to gum-flapping and don't go beyond that, it's OK. Tiger can take it. Or at least I think he should be able to take it.

Edited by goldisheavy

What a moron, someone needs to write that idiot an email. :rolleyes:

First off, Tiger is not a good Buddhist, if he's really even "Buddhist" at all.

Why? Because the 3rd Buddhist precept specifically instructs against adultery:

3. I undertake the training rule to abstain from sexual misconduct.

And even if Tiger WAS a Buddhist, why wasn't Buddhism ever credited with making him the world's best golfer? I never heard it brought up then? Only when Tiger gets caught fvcking up...does the "Buddhist" card all of a sudden get played in order to take his blame for him.

Look fact is, Tiger has no one to blame BUT HIMSELF here.

What a moron, someone needs to write that idiot an email. :rolleyes:

First off, Tiger is not a good Buddhist, if he's really even "Buddhist" at all.

Why? Because the 3rd Buddhist precept specifically instructs against adultery:

3. I undertake the training rule to abstain from sexual misconduct.

And even if Tiger WAS a Buddhist, why wasn't Buddhism ever credited with making him the world's best golfer? I never heard it brought up then? Only when Tiger gets caught fvcking up...does the "Buddhist" card all of a sudden get played in order to take his blame for him.

Look fact is, Tiger has no one to blame BUT HIMSELF here.

Where are you getting the idea that Tiger is a Buddhist? This is the first time I hear this.

Edited by goldisheavy

Seriously? If Billy Graham screwed up as royally as Tiger Woods did with his life, exhorting him to convert away from his religion would be the last thing on my mind. It seems that Brit Hume's ulterior motive is to exploit a scandal to simply proselytize.

And trust me, converting to Christianity is not a cure all for bad behavior. I know, because I live in the "Evangelical Vatican" also known as Colorado Springs. The most common complaint about the Christians who live here is the hypocrisy; and I've seen it myself.

I'm not trying to slam Christianity; I'm just saying that no matter what religion you are a part of, you do ultimately have to look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day.

Tiger Woods, even if he converted to Christianity, would still have to slowly change the accumulated habits that got him into this mess; no "born again" experience is going to change that.

context - its really one of those superficial save face gestures that the general public inadvertently buys on a large scale. (ignorant statement regarding buddhism aside, of course, he obviously doesnt know much of it.)

This kind of crap makes me mad! :angry:

Complete Story on Huffington Post

What are your thoughts about this?

Why shouldn't the public be able to forgive a Buddhist, or a Taoist for that matter?

I'm sure that is the only method Hume really knows (or thinks he does), so he talks about it, and leaves the rest for someone else to talk about.

That would be wise. Unintentionally so, maybe, but I'll take it regardless.

I'd guess half of the people who now feel compelled to stand up for Buddhism, know no more about real Buddhism than Hume does, and even less about Christianity. So should we be angry with them too? Or is it OK to speak out of turn, if you are insisting that everything is equal?

Edited by Martial Development

Sign in to follow this