island

nine step taoist training

Hi

I Have been presented with an opportunity to study with Kris Deva North at the London Universal Healing Tao Centre. The first 4 Workshops will take place over the Summer June-Sept .These courses cover a lot of ground - meditative, sexual and shamanic healing practices. I have a limited understanding of these concepts and have only ever practiced from books and dvd's. In your wisdom: Do you think this is too much too soon?

All I will say is that if the teacher is a good teacher he (she) will pick you up from where you are and guide you to where you need to go.

So, if the money is not a serious consideration I would say "Go for it!"

Peace & Love!

Hi Marblehead. I have been awarded the money by my University i am a student of religion and philosophy. It is to further my understanding of Taoist Alchemy, I am very fortunate to be in this position, my main concern is learning so much in such a short amount of time. Thanks for the reply Big Smiles

Hi RV

Thanks for Asking.

I Have spent the last 4 months attending the workshops in London and have completed the first 4 steps - Inner Smile, Healing Sounds, MCO, Iron Shirt Qigong, Tai chi Qi gong, Fusion and Kan and Li practices. It's been one hell of a ride and i've loved every minute of it. It was a lot of knowledge to take on board in such a short amount of time but i have a lot of time now to digest and practice all i have learned. I have been doing morning sessions for the last 4 months and have really noticed a change in myself and my energy levels and internal strength. I have also become more aware of the flow of energy and how it moves through me and around me. I also feel more centred and grounded.

I am now in the process of applying for more funding to study the Shamanic aspects of the course, Step 5 which begins in January - May 2011.

I think i've begun a journey that may never end?

Love Island

Too much?? Sure :), in a monastery it would be 2 years of this, then two years of that, maybe 3 years for the next step..

But you're not in monastery, you have the opportunity to go on the University's dime, you're enthusiastic and passionate. Go for it. Just work hard to stay grounded and let us know how it is.

Yours

Michael

Thank you Michael...i sure will.

And to Hittstick - Yes i'm smiling and where i am at is wherever i'm supposed to be.

Thanks again :)