Sign in to follow this  
OpenSecret2012

Questons about -> QuckBooks Pro Edition 2006

I have some questions about QuickBooks Edition 2006.

A friend of mine recently got QuickBooks Pro Editon 2006, for her small buisness. She is the owner, and employs 4 other people. She is having a problem figuring out how to enter information, and asked me to help her with it. I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with this program? And if yes, can you help answer some questions?

1. In the top menu, click on where it says "Report Center". A new window opens called "Reports". Scroll down a bit, and see the heading called "Income and Expenses". Click on the link called "Expenses by Vendor Detail". A new smaller window opens called "Expenses By Vendor Detail". Questions:

- HOW does one get the info for the buisness to appear, to be listed, to be entered, in that last window?

- How does one change the entered, and listed, info for the buisness that is in that last window?

- Is it possible to change the template menu lists? And put in ones own menu list title instead of what they already have?(where it says 'type' 'date' 'num' 'memo' 'account' 'clear' 'split' 'amount' 'balance')

2. Going back to the window that says "Reports". Scroll down a bit and see the heading called "Balance Sheet & Net Worth". Click on the link called "Details". A new window will open. Questions about this specific window:

- HOW does one get the info fro the buisness to appear, to be listed, to be entered, in that last window?

- How does one change the entered, and listed, info for the buisness that is in that last window?

- Is it possible to change the template menu lists? And put in ones own menu list title instead of what they already have?(where it says 'type' 'date' 'num' 'memo' 'account' 'clear' 'split' 'amount' 'balance')

THANK You in advance to anyone who can answer all these questions, or as many of them as you can!

Edited by OpenSecret2012

I used to use Quick books daily but haven't needed it in a while(note I'm a QB2000 user). But as I understand it the vendor information details and stuff like that happens automatically as a natural course of buying material and entering it into checkbook. Likewise your customer information details fill in as you record your sales.

That what makes a new accounting program so intimidating. They're so blank. To start filling in those reports you have to back log, write in all the old receipts. But then you have to make sure your bank accounts follow correctly w/ all the information your posting from the past.

So, it may be better to just live w/out the information for the first few weeks and let it fill up as you enter things, or back logs things w/ 0 prices so it doesn't interfere w/ future numbers.

In any case, like most business software manuals leave much to be desired. She should really go to a book store and page through books on QB, noting that bigger books are not neccessarily better. QB is pretty widely used. In the course of business she should inquire what accounting software others are using. Those who deal w/ the peculiarities of accounting software are usually willing to spend a little bit of time helping others.

Michael

Sign in to follow this