yangluchan

Time between ejaculation and practice?

First:

After ejaculation I get a sore back (or more like a pulsing/throbbing sensation in my kidney area) and a general bit of weakness for a day or two. I've tried retention etc, but I don't really think just saving up without refining is the way to go either, and I've found that my fear of "losing" by ejaculating has lead to my pelvic area being tensed when nearing ejaculation is really counterproductive, so I'm trying to relax more, and ejaculate more when natural these days. I'm single, but this might change in the near future now, so I think having normal sex with a woman, focusing on relaxing and ejaculating when it feels natural will be a good way to go for now, to "retrain" myself. And THEN maybe I can go explore retention etc. I think the actual "fear" of ejaculation has actually caused more of these problems than the actual ejaculation! So, this means I'm ejaculating more now, and the question comes up:

- How long should I wait before practicing energy work (or any exercise??) after ejaculation? I've seen 24 hours been mentioned, sometimes 48 hours...

This seems like a very long time if I am to ejaculate once a week for example... And I'm not thinking about hardcore moving energy exercises, but more things like Five Tibetan Rites and perhaps some Wuji standing Qigong.

My intuition tells me that Five Tibetan Rites, being more "physical" would be safe to do maybe the next day (say after 8-12 hours), but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

The Clairvision School guy talks about keeping a bit of focus on the third eye during sexual activity. He says that sometimes a person can feel drained after sex and sometimes energized, and that the third eye focus can help prevent damage so that you more often feel energized.

Unless you are in your 50s or 60s you probably don't have to use retention anyway. Go with what feels natural. Unless you are using sex to relieve boredom or to replace food or smoking or something else, don't worry about it. Using sex as a way of covering up something else is a problem. You can use something like the Sedona Method or EFT to make sure that you aren't covering up some other feeling if you want, but it is better to famliarize yourself with genuine lust and see if that's what you are feeling. Much like eating out of boredom isn't good, because it doesn't actually satisfy the genuine urge.

I've heard as much as a 3 day wait for training. That didn't seem right to me. I've always been able to meditate better after sex and sometimes the effect would last for a couple days. See for yourself.

The less you have ejaculated before, the quicker things get moving again. For me it takes 3 days before I feel ready. If I was trying and looking for it there's some jing before that point. I'm 28.

It sounds like you're... 25-27... from that interval.

A big thing for me was being with a partner and finding that I didn't want to ejaculate hard every time anymore... because I actually enjoyed the benefit in not cumming and feeling invigorated instead of drained.

( I wonder if that was ever misinterpreted, and how I'm going to frame that with my next parter.) That was a great lesson in life.

Another thing is cumming just as much as you want to. I used to totally blow my brains out but you can cum just a little if you like.

I find after 2 weeks I'm a bit rabid and I'm thinking about sex the whole time. Depends on food, female contact etc. Personnally I keep having wet dreams at ~5 weeks and then it starts again. That's been the lesson of being single for a while.

You say you see little point in retention without refining. Why not retention with refining? That's what I do with myself when I'm at sea with a load of guys for months on end.

It's been 3 months for me since ejaculation. Good luck.

First:

After ejaculation I get a sore back (or more like a pulsing/throbbing sensation in my kidney area) and a general bit of weakness for a day or two. I've tried retention etc, but I don't really think just saving up without refining is the way to go either, and I've found that my fear of "losing" by ejaculating has lead to my pelvic area being tensed when nearing ejaculation is really counterproductive, so I'm trying to relax more, and ejaculate more when natural these days. I'm single, but this might change in the near future now, so I think having normal sex with a woman, focusing on relaxing and ejaculating when it feels natural will be a good way to go for now, to "retrain" myself. And THEN maybe I can go explore retention etc. I think the actual "fear" of ejaculation has actually caused more of these problems than the actual ejaculation! So, this means I'm ejaculating more now, and the question comes up:

- How long should I wait before practicing energy work (or any exercise??) after ejaculation? I've seen 24 hours been mentioned, sometimes 48 hours...

This seems like a very long time if I am to ejaculate once a week for example... And I'm not thinking about hardcore moving energy exercises, but more things like Five Tibetan Rites and perhaps some Wuji standing Qigong.

My intuition tells me that Five Tibetan Rites, being more "physical" would be safe to do maybe the next day (say after 8-12 hours), but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

This is how i personally feel:

I hit a high point after which there is no progress. Maybe i need to hold on more for it to break a the high during retention, but i feel that if i release during this point i take my cultivation to the next level.

Much like a price chart. I hit a high and it consolidates... If i wait long enough it may break through, but if i let it come down for a breather to gather momentum, the moment i reach the prior high point i cut right through it.

It is much harder for us Drew who have yet to acquire the skill to internally climax, so i think our urge to do so is stronger since we have no other available options that offer the feelings of release.

Should one be celibate all his life to become one with the Tao? - I don't know.

I may be wrong, but i feel like there are only certain points during cultivation that the Jing is required in extraordinary quality and quantity.

I think that everything that "IS" is natural, regardless of its Yin/Yang charge, if we consume it moderately we can maintain the harmony of Yin/Yang within ourselves.

There are many things which the path of Tao restricts. Many things, which by our qualification of existence define and constitute the nature of life: experiences, food, tastes, certain emotions.

This is my opinion, but i feel that the path of Tao as rewarding as it is, may perhaps be only half of what "existence" is about. Although there are those of us who might ascend to spiritual heights permanently and not even require a physical body... i argue that is Yin and the Physical body is Yang and within Tao, one must find the harmony between those two, which should not exclude one from the experiences related to the physical body.

Can one exist truly only as essence? - What would be the purpose of your existence, if not to love and help others? - A feat which can only be performed by going there where help and love is needed; the physical world.

I may yet lack the understanding of some concepts, but i strongly feel that neither a solely spiritual existence or a solely physical existence is the true nature of Tao. I believe that even one who attains immortality and union with the Tao, at the height of existential heights, will eventually return to the physical plain, because the "ghost must inhabit the shell" - regardless of how advanced or lacking EITHER of them are.

practicea.jpg

Edited by effilang

I think too much emphasis is put on these rules and whatnot. Everyone is different, do what feels natural. Of course, you have to be sure you are doing what is natural, and not what some complex you have wants to be natural, but that's a slightly different subject ;)

Some people say wait 2-3 hours between the time you ejaculate and the time your practice. Others say wait 24 hours, and I've heard even longer times than that.

For me, spiritual practice/energy work has become more and more a part of my life- I'm thinking about it nearly all the time these days. But sex is also a part of my life. Setting up barriers and time limits started feeling more and more..... stupid. So I'm just relaxing, emptying my mind, listening to my natural intuition, my connection to the tao, higher spirit, body, nature, whatever else there is, and doing what feels right.

And I feel great.

And for the record, I feel neither drained, nor weak after sex or masturbation (in fact I usually feel quite energized). For the pain in the lower back/kidneys..... how are you doing it? If you are masturbating or having sex on your back, maybe it's just the constant pressure of your back on the surface of whatever it is you are lying on? Maybe it's your muscles tensing weirdly. Check physical causes before you jump to energetic causes :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

There is no 'one size fits all' rule. Different methods follow different rules. Also, the individual person, their level, their health, etc. All these things are relevant.

It is said repeatedly, but given the importance, I'll repeat it again. Find a good teacher with a good method and follow the instructions they give you. If there is no teacher near you, then other options would be:

i. Sign up and do the KAP course. I have nothing to gain by recommending this course. I don't practice it, and there is no money in it for me either. I simply think it is good. There are seminars as well.

ii. Travel and do a seminar with a good teacher. 'Ya Mu', Michael Lomax, does regular seminars in the US. He also has a book, so you can have a read of it and see what you think.

iii. Spring Forest has a good course with books, CD's and DVD's. It is a starting point-again, I would recommend going to a seminar when you have the chance. Personal correction is important.

iv. 'Fiveelementtao' also has learning materials you can buy. I haven't seen them, but given the consistently wise advice he gives out here, it is a good sign that he's doing something right.

I'm sure there is other good stuff out there, but the above is a starting point. Find what resonates with you, not what someone is saying is 'powerful'. The right method for the individual is most 'powerful' for them.

IMPORTANT. If you have issues with your health, you should see a doctor. Western, or TCM, take your pick. Ensure they are qualified and know what they are doing.

On a fundamental level, take a look at your diet. This plays a huge part in your health. Dr Joel Fuhrman has a good book on nutrition. http://www.drfuhrman.com/ . He follows a strict vegan plan. I'm not saying you have to. The book though has good information on nutrition that you can get useful information from.

ejaculation kills chi......

you folks better get your act together......

you are wasting valuable time.....