wenwu

First action then words

i agree somewhat with the general intent of the threadstarter,

but if you mean i can not quote other people then you're wrong.

why wuld i type something with my own words,

if someone else already worded things well.

the result of bad actions is bad consequences (karma),

so in time, everyone will REAL-ize.

_/\_

Actions always speak louder and more clearly than words. Words without action are, IMO, most often without value.

And I think it would be fair to say that most often words are not necessary if the actions are total and complete.

Peace & Love!

speaking the right words can be a powerful action!

_/\_

Edited by zazaza

the point was not 'never quote anyone'

but do things don't JUST quote people, and think that it is enough

First action then words

Thinking, speaking, typing, and all other word-producing and word-publishing activities are indeed actions.

So saying first action then words makes no sense. Words are actions.

Moreover, the mindset is what presages action. The mind is the great charioteer of action. Where mind goes, actions follow. Take care of your mind and actions will follow naturally, without effort. And words are some of the tools available to us to take care of our minds. They are good tools and it's retarded to put them down like this.

the point was not 'never quote anyone'

but do things don't JUST quote people, and think that it is enough

Stop doing things.

Here are some proverbs for you, to counteract your idiocy:

Measure twice, cut once.

or how about this one

Head before feet.

Same meaning.

Edited by goldisheavy

So saying first action then words makes no sense.

I totally disagree! When one lives their life in the state of 'wu wei' there are no words, only action, reaction or inaction.

If you have to think about your inspirations and put those thoughts into words you are not living 'wu wei' but you are contriving from an egotistical point of view.

Peace & Love!

I totally disagree! When one lives their life in the state of 'wu wei' there are no words, only action, reaction or inaction.

If you have to think about your inspirations and put those thoughts into words you are not living 'wu wei' but you are contriving from an egotistical point of view.

Peace & Love!

Thanks for that bit of pop-Daoism. Sure as heck made it simple and easy.

Thanks for that bit of pop-Daoism. Sure as heck made it simple and easy.

How did it feel? :o

Peace & Love!

How did it feel? :o

Peace & Love!

Like a toy made by the Chinese wage-slaves breaking in my hands, and infecting my brain with an abnormally high lead concentration, while at the same time, hurting and dehumanizing thousands of workers in the course of its production.

Like a toy made by the Chinese wage-slaves breaking in my hands, and infecting my brain with an abnormally high lead concentration, while at the same time, hurting and dehumanizing thousands of workers in the course of its production.

But see, your pesonal attacks on me never effected me that way. I am doing what I am doing here simply because it is the forum's policy that members do not make personal attacks on other members and you have been doing this for quite some time and it is time for you to either stop doing it or to be on the recieving end of it just to know how it feels and what other members thing about it.

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

But see, your pesonal attacks on me never effected me that way.

Different does not mean better.

I am doing what I am doing here simply because it is the forum's policy that members do not make personal attacks on other members and you have been doing this for quite some time and it is time for you to either stop doing it or to be on the recieving end of it just to know how it feels and what other members thing about it.

Peace & Love!

You've been insulting me too. Personally I don't have a problem with your insults.

Different does not mean better.

I have never said it does. I look at the object and judge the object according to the objects attributes.

You've been insulting me too. Personally I don't have a problem with your insults.

Yes, I started today and I am going to continue doing it until we find some form af agreement so that both of us no longer have a reason to insult the other or anyone else on this forum.

And so, if you don't have a problem with my insults and you do not accept the fact that we should not be doing it and if you continue to make attacks on me or anyone else on this forum I will continue to make my attacks.

Peace & Love!

Yes, I started today and I am going to continue doing it until we find some form af agreement so that both of us no longer have a reason to insult the other or anyone else on this forum.

I prefer that you insult me. This gives me a chance to be honest and open. If being honest means I have to take some insults from you, that's the price I am willing to pay. Bring it on!

I prefer that you insult me. This gives me a chance to be honest and open. If being honest means I have to take some insults from you, that's the price I am willing to pay. Bring it on!

Are you sure you want this? I personally think it is very counter-productive. Your hatred for me will only increase, it will eat away any inner peace and contentment you have. This WILL happen! I know from past experiences.

So I suggest that from this point on we restrict our personal attacks to PMs. This way our stupidity will not interfer with the various threads on this forum. And I promise I will read every one of your insults you send to me via PM. And I might even return a few.

But I will say once again, personal insults have no place on an internet forum and we both should stop. I am aware of the ignore function but I refuse to ignore anyone. Everyone has something to say and there should be someone to listen to that person.

Peace & Love!

Are you sure you want this? I personally think it is very counter-productive. Your hatred for me will only increase, it will eat away any inner peace and contentment you have. This WILL happen! I know from past experiences.

Your experiences are not necessarily applicable to me. They are applicable to you.

It's not that I want it either. I just weigh two alternatives: pretense vs. insults, and I would rather take an odd insult or two than be pretentious.

So I suggest that from this point on we restrict our personal attacks to PMs. This way our stupidity will not interfer with the various threads on this forum. And I promise I will read every one of your insults you send to me via PM. And I might even return a few.

If you want to send me PMs, I welcome them. However I don't agree to sending you any PMs unless I want to PM you for some reason.

But I will say once again, personal insults have no place on an internet forum and we both should stop. I am aware of the ignore function but I refuse to ignore anyone. Everyone has something to say and there should be someone to listen to that person.

Peace & Love!

Don't contradict yourself.

Your experiences are not necessarily applicable to me. They are applicable to you.

You are exactly correct. But it is from my experiences only that I can speak. I am sure that your life experiences will be different than mine have been and are still being had. But listening to the experiences is helpful to some people so I will continue to relay my experiences to others in hope that they may help them in some way.

It's not that I want it either. I just weigh two alternatives: pretense vs. insults, and I would rather take an odd insult or two than be pretentious.

How about neither? No pretense - no insults. Do you think that this might be a better way?

If you want to send me PMs, I welcome them. However I don't agree to sending you any PMs unless I want to PM you for some reason.

Sounds good to me.

Don't contradict yourself.

I haven't contradicted myself. I already mentioned that I am going to be disrespectful in return for any disrespect offered me from you or anyone else. As soon as we end this pissing contest we can return to respectful discussions of all permissible topics on this forum.

Peace & Love!

You are exactly correct.

Have you thought why though? Could it be I am correct because there is no such thing as objective reality? Hm.... Something to consider.

How about neither? No pretense - no insults. Do you think that this might be a better way?

Impossible. Do you know how preferences work? Suppose I value cogent reasoning. Due to such preference, any time I encounter a barrage of irrelevant or incoherent statement as "an argument", I will view it as an insult, even if you work "hard" to maintain superficial decorum. What offends me is the essence of what you are doing and not the superficial aspects of it. I don't mind the quality of the decorum, I mind the meaning of what you're saying. It's the overall meaning I find offensive. Why? It's simply because of my preference!

So my choice is to:

1. Change my preference (this needs a damn good reason).

2. Remain insulted by you and say so to you, and if I perceive that you're not here to communicate, just insult you right back, since we're not really having a true discussion anyway, there is no loss (unless you count the loss of decorum as a significant loss, which I do not).

3. Remain insulted, but pretend I am fine, and say nothing, or even worse, lie about peace and love and all that fuzzy New Age stuff.

Seems option 2 is the best one in my value system. You don't realize this, but you constantly insult me Marblehead. I know you work hard to appear pleasant at a superficial level, this is what I call "decorum", but I just don't value that as much as the deeper meaning of your actions. And the deeper meaning is that you don't give a rats ass about any opinion other than your own. That's what your non-engagement on the forum conveys crystal clear to me. So I feel free to respond in kind. Well, you don't value my opinion?? Fine. I don't value yours either. No skin off my back.

Edited by goldisheavy

Have you thought why though? Could it be I am correct because there is no such thing as objective reality? Hm.... Something to consider.

Okay. I thought about it. I realized that it is because you are a different manifestation of the objective world than I am.

Impossible. Do you know how preferences work? Suppose I value cogent reasoning. Due to such preference, any time I encounter a barrage of irrelevant or incoherent statement as "an argument", I will view it as an insult, even if you work "hard" to maintain superficial decorum. What offends me is the essence of what you are doing and not the superficial aspects of it. I don't mind the quality of the decorum, I mind the meaning of what you're saying. It's the overall meaning I find offensive. Why? It's simply because of my preference!

And you are allowed your preferences. But at the same time, I too am allowed my preferences. My life is not based in your existence. I was born many years before you were. I don't need you to know that I exist nor do I need you to tell me how I should think.

So my choice is to:

1. Change my preference (this needs a damn good reason).

2. Remain insulted by you and say so to you, and if I perceive that you're not here to communicate, just insult you right back, since we're not really having a true discussion anyway, there is no loss (unless you count the loss of decorum as a significant loss, which I do not).

3. Remain insulted, but pretend I am fine, and say nothing, or even worse, lie about peace and love and all that fuzzy New Age stuff.

Seems option 2 is the best one in my value system. You don't realize this, but you constantly insult me Marblehead. I know you work hard to appear pleasant at a superficial level, this is what I call "decorum", but I just don't value that as much as the deeper meaning of your actions. And the deeper meaning is that you don't give a rats ass about any opinion other than your own. That's what your non-engagement on the forum conveys crystal clear to me. So I feel free to respond in kind. Well, you don't value my opinion?? Fine. I don't value yours either. No skin off my back.

Well, it seems it is you who has the problem then. Deal with it.

But I will continue to communicate with those of this forum who wish to communicate with me regardless of your personal hang-ups.

Everything you see me post on this forum is the real me. If you can't believe I exist, again, that is your problem. Deal with it.

But be aware that I will no longer tolerate your insults and I will return all insults in like kind.

Once again I remind you that there is an "ignore" button you can push so you no longer have to see any of my posts.

Peace & Love!

Hehehe. I am beginning to enjoy saying that to you especially as now I know it irritates you because you really don't want any peace and love in your life.

Well, it seems it is you who has the problem then. Deal with it.

Duh.

But I will continue to communicate with those of this forum who wish to communicate with me regardless of your personal hang-ups.

By all means. I respect your freedom of speech. I even respect your freedom to insult me. It's part of the package.

But be aware that I will no longer tolerate your insults and I will return all insults in like kind.

That's agreeable. We have a deal. :)

Duh.

By all means. I respect your freedom of speech. I even respect your freedom to insult me. It's part of the package.

That's agreeable. We have a deal. :)

That's great! I owe you no insults at the present time. Let's see how long you can resist being insulting.

Peace & Love!