This thread was spawned by the dude in the ayahuasca thread mentioning how he loves cats.

Why are cats so fucking cool?

Why do I feel connected to them and love to interact with them? Is it because they are the supreme zen masters of the home? I read a text called 'Esoteric Meditation' where he mentions that cats are profoundly powerful meditators. I would say this is true.

They are also incredibly energetically charged. I mean, just watch them stretch. Watch them move. Hell, watch them lounge. If they aren't little furry balls of harmonious qi, I don't know what to think.

I have had two extremely profound dreams in my life involving a white tiger and myself. Both of them were significant and accurate in depicting the character of events that were to unfold in my life.

What's the deal? Anyone communicate with them? Anyone have strong cat connections in their lives?

I'm a dragon in the chinese calendar. We get along well with tigers.

I was a cat in a past life?

Cats aren't cool at all. I have a big orange one sitting on my lap (laptop balancing on my knees) and she's incredibly warm! :D

Did I mention I'm a cat person? I think Cats are Qigong Meisters.

Here's a picture of my Sifu, her name is Lin Zi:

e4de78ab-0ba1-4a32-948d-a2219691c608.jpg

Edited by soaring crane

What's the deal? Anyone communicate with them? Anyone have strong cat connections in their lives?

I really prefer dogs. :unsure:

Actually when I was a child I would communicate with a white Labrador...I remember it teaching me things about life, like a guardian/friend/guide. It actually had a human spirit for some reason. No joke.

Sorry to derail the cat thread. :ph34r:

I really prefer dogs. :unsure:

Actually when I was a child I would communicate with a white Labrador...I remember it teaching me things about life, like a guardian/friend/guide. It actually had a human spirit for some reason. No joke.

Sorry to derail the cat thread. :ph34r:

Haha, I've been going back and forth on which I like better, cats or dogs, and have decided I love them both equally. They are both amazing in their own way.

Cats do have a certain sense of regality that dogs don't have though.

Theres supposedly a study on a microbe that most household cats have that infect humans.

A parasite lol.. The scientists went as far as to say they could've influenced some structures of society.

Why do I feel connected to them and love to interact with them? Is it because they are the supreme zen masters of the home? I read a text called 'Esoteric Meditation' where he mentions that cats are profoundly powerful meditators. I would say this is true.

They are also incredibly energetically charged. I mean, just watch them stretch. Watch them move. Hell, watch them lounge. If they aren't little furry balls of harmonious qi, I don't know what to think.

I think I like dogs more but I'm not sure because I've never had one, they seem more upbeat though. Cats are lazy or oblivious, and selfish, they probably rub against you to mark territory only, but the street cat's seem to do it for food. Being a busy person I can't take care of them so I don't keep them but I had them in family and took care of them some. I don't know about their spirituality but it's plausible. They are spoken of favourably in islam and a hadith said that they are "roamers (of people's houses)".

I once was driving and saw a small baby cat run late from the right to left but I slowed in time and saw it finally meet up with it's mom and siblings. I noticed that the mom had a suspenseful stance and eagerly looking towards it's running child in the hopes that it would make it in time. As soon as it reached there, the mom attacked it and hit it on the head with her paw and shouted at it. I bet she was shouting at it to teach it a lesson to be careful from cars. That is probably why they look both ways before crossing, Intelligent creatures they are.

I would be interested to see how they react to ayahuasca. Aprile said that it is possible to communicate with animals under the influence of ayahuasca but that it would be difficult. Maybe what you will meet is your spirit guardian, the jaguar or the anaconda. Or that you will meet their collective soul, which makes it seem that each animal has a collective soul. Perhaps humans are all one entity as Bill Hicks said.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Purring is a very powerful form of ujjayi pranayama which vibrates the internal organs. Even a lazy fat cat can usually leap tremendous distances in relation to it's body size, as well as successfully landing on it's feet after falling from great heights. They are stealthy hunters that can operate by night or day. There is a reason they were venerated in ancient cultures.

w0ffwDYo00Q

Everyone who loves cats will identify with Simon's cat :D I got my Mum and partner the book for Xmas, very funny. Dogs are cool too, but dogs make friends with everyone. If a cat can be bothered talking to you after you have fed it, you know it actually likes you :lol:

I would be interested to see how they react to ayahuasca. Aprile said that it is possible to communicate with animals under the influence of ayahuasca but that it would be difficult. Maybe what you will meet is your spirit guardian, the jaguar or the anaconda. Or that you will meet their collective soul, which makes it seem that each animal has a collective soul. Perhaps humans are all one entity as Bill Hicks said.

OqGDv0KCJl8

OqGDv0KCJl8

Thanks for posting this, Scotty, I was looking for this video in response to the question earlier and couldn't find it.

The mammal aspect of our jing... hmm, DNA... is, to a surprising extent, the great feline aspect, not just the chimp gone hairless... we are cat-apes originally... Much is known about our reptile affiliations to both science and the history of religions, the R-complex in the brain and the mythological significance of all manner of snakes, dragons, nagas and so on --

while the cat-ape aspect is something western science hasn't noticed so far. Taoist sciences did though, they know about the Tiger and Dragon of our innate make-up. So did native Amazonian cultures that understand ayahuasca primarily as Jaguar and Anaconda mix and humans, as its offspring. It is every bit as all-encompassing in those cultures as the Tiger-Dragon interactions of taoist cosmology and alchemy. Of course authentic taoist alchemy used the same or similar substances and I have met a teacher whom I'm not at liberty to name, someone very famous, whose teachers gave them to him in the course of training many times. Since none of it is legal in most countries today, no one is teaching this way anymore. Which generates lots of confusion and an artificial rift in the minds of both masters and students between the "superior" and "inferior" cultivation/spirituality ways. Duh. Tell the jaguar that her way is inferior --

but tell it to her face, meowwwwwgrrrrhisssss! :lol:

Edited by Taomeow

Here's a picture of my Sifu, her name is Lin Zi:

e4de78ab-0ba1-4a32-948d-a2219691c608.jpg

Here is a picture of myself and Jean-Claw (he prefers a French accent i.e. Jean Claude) after a long day :D

p6100106.jpg

Purring is a very powerful form of ujjayi pranayama which vibrates the internal organs. Even a lazy fat cat can usually leap tremendous distances in relation to it's body size, as well as successfully landing on it's feet after falling from great heights. They are stealthy hunters that can operate by night or day. There is a reason they were venerated in ancient cultures.

hahah - i saw a lazy fat cat once, it tried to jump about 10 cm between two chairs and fell flat on its face. It was the laziest jump i had ever seen, it was more like an olympic belly flop, i couldn't stop laughing, even a little puppy would have made that gap : )

Fat cats are certainly entertaining.

On topic however. They are very calming.

To perceive on sitting eyes half closed purring, is truly like a great master in meditation.

I admire them, but hate the hair shedding...

post-4044-1262191932_thumb.jpgI love cats! I grew up with dogs, and they're awesome too! We can learn a lot, spiritually, from both of them.

I had a cat for many years, until he died 2 years ago. :( He was such a sweet, loving little friend. I was crushed when he got cancer. He taught me so much.

He was somewhat of a "celebrity" at the apartment complex where I lived, and received special priveleges.

He was such a cool cat, people I had never even seen before would say,"Hey, where's Lucky?" and neighbors would tell me they loved him.

At one point, there seemed to be a big influx of outdoor cats at the apt. complex, so the apt mgr. put out a notice that all cats are supposed to be kept indoors. A few days later the mgr. called me and said,"Don't worry about Lucky, he can do whatever he wants. He's the apt. complex mascott." :)

He wasn't afraid of strangers. More than a few people told me they would love to have him if I ever had to give him up for some reason.

He was a wonderful teacher. I consider dogs and cats as primary teachers. Just very different.

Edited by bindo

Cats are nice. I guess. Because they don't really give a shit about us.

When there was long illness in my family, our cat who usually, year after year, spent all her summer days outdoors chasing wild mice, moles, squirrels, the neighbors' cats, and all kinds of cat fun, didn't leave the sick person's bed for the whole duration of the summer. Even the closest relatives and friends would pay a visit and then leave, but the cat was always there, just sitting unobtrusively in the corner of the bed and "being there." She would leave the room to have some food a couple of times a day, and then be back in the corner of the bed, taking a compassionate nap, making herself available 24/7 to being mostly ignored (no one paid much attention to her at that time), asking for nothing, giving everything.

When there was long illness in my family, our cat who usually, year after year, spent all her summer days outdoors chasing wild mice, moles, squirrels, the neighbors' cats, and all kinds of cat fun, didn't leave the sick person's bed for the whole duration of the summer. Even the closest relatives and friends would pay a visit and then leave, but the cat was always there, just sitting unobtrusively in the corner of the bed and "being there." She would leave the room to have some food a couple of times a day, and then be back in the corner of the bed, taking a compassionate nap, making herself available 24/7 to being mostly ignored (no one paid much attention to her at that time), asking for nothing, giving everything.

Long ago I heard/read that cats like negative energy. Also that people who pet cats are healthier or something. I guess they're something like plants. We breathe out CO2 they take it in and give back O2. With cats it's negative energy.

I read once that when Buddha died all the animals cried. Except for the cat, didn't care.

Long ago I heard/read that cats like negative energy. Also that people who pet cats are healthier or something. I guess they're something like plants. We breathe out CO2 they take it in and give back O2. With cats it's negative energy.

I read once that when Buddha died all the animals cried. Except for the cat, didn't care.

A lot of anti-cat propaganda out there... they used to say the same thing about women, children, black people, Asians, Jews... Cats are in good company.

Smile posted links to research that I didn't look at right meow but I saw it before and remember that the purring frequency of cats (the same for all cats) is exactly what's needed to mend broken bones and heal a lot of other conditions. Cats are natural healers and purring, a scientifically documented healing tool they use, one of many.

A lot of anti-cat propaganda out there... they used to say the same thing about women, children, black people, Asians, Jews... Cats are in good company.

:blink:

Smile posted links to research that I didn't look at right meow but I saw it before and remember that the purring frequency of cats (the same for all cats) is exactly what's needed to mend broken bones and heal a lot of other conditions. Cats are natural healers and purring, a scientifically documented healing tool they use, one of many.

Sure, still in line with what I said.

sounds good, maybe I'll go back to cat loving again. :)