Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

www.chikung.com

I just saw a reference to this site at the HT forum. If you haven't been before, do check it out, it's a total hoot. Gary is a funster fer sure. Check out his chikung online bible. He's not into drugs and alcohol, and is very martial.

LOL@calling every other qigong program a waste of time.

I wouldn't buy anything he sells on that statement of arrogance alone.

He makes Bodri and Furey seem meek, but fun nevertheless. He's selling himself as the Chikung master for Wallstreet types, so it's not very affordable for normal incomes. I've heard from people who have bought his material that the actual practices are similar to what other halfway decent teachers offer.

Ok, well since we are coming out of the Clyman closet, I also purchased his exorbitantly expensive Chi Kung tapes several years ago and practiced it exclusively for a few months. Nothing. Also, his breathing patterns on the video and on the phone (I've spoken to him once on the phone) sound really unhealthy, like he has to really do a lot of work just to inhale. (Could be a physical condition.) Finally, he has a terrible reputation for talking shit about every other teacher, for his students being hyper-aggressive, for being racist and homophobic (in his "Chi Kung Bible" he even makes a flat out homophobic statement). All of this has turned me off to him and his system and I do not think either have anything to offer a serious student.

Sean

Ok, well since we are coming out of the Clyman closet, I also purchased his exorbitantly expensive Chi Kung tapes several years ago and practiced it exclusively for a few months. Nothing. Also, his breathing patterns on the video and on the phone (I've spoken to him once on the phone) sound really unhealthy, like he has to really do a lot of work just to inhale. (Could be a physical condition.) Finally, he has a terrible reputation for talking shit about every other teacher, for his students being hyper-aggressive, for being racist and homophobic (in his "Chi Kung Bible" he even makes a flat out homophobic statement). All of this has turned me off to him and his system and I do not think either have anything to offer a serious student.

Sean

I thought this guy is closeted gay the way he talks on his demo videos. That would also explains why he is so outspoken against gays.

I thought this guy is closeted gay the way he talks on his demo videos. That would also explains why he is so outspoken against gays.

It's quite possible. He seems very armored against something.

[quote name=ToP-fan' date='Apr 23 2006, :o 12:27 PM' post='13261]

I bought Clyman's chi kung videos about 5 years ago......The quality was poor and it was all stuff I had seen before..................Speaking wih him on the phone, he didn't have a kind word for any of the mainstream teachers-Chia,Winn, Franztis(calling him "fat whale")......buyer beware

I've looked at the Chi Kung bible briefly, but have been holding back on a total read because I skimmed and dipped into one point where he says to help heal people he gets empathic, takes on their illness within himself, learns how to fix it, then goes back into the person to do the same. That in itself is a very dangerous and stupid practice.

SunDog

Sign in to follow this