Sign in to follow this  
effilang

What is this feeling that overcomes me?

I have no words to precisely explain what i experience when i watch someone getting a haircut, tattoo, shave or a massage... It takes the moment i turn it on and tune into it and this energy overcomes me.

It is akin to a sympathy of sort. It relaxes me and immediately puts me into a state of calm.

Sometimes my legs will start moving spontaneously and shaking.

I have tons and tons of massage videos, make up videos, haircut videos, drawing videos, shaving videos... they put me in an absolute trans.

Have you ever been to a barbershop like this? - I don't mean the modern, high tech dense facilities we have down town. I mean good old fashioned, chair, comb, cutters, or massage studios. I feel the less electronics there are the less of this energy there is in the place.

Some sort of connection takes place between the two people and it sets me off.

If i put on a massage video and do sitting meditation, i get immediate results - My third eye will also start pulsing.

Examples:

:lol:

Edited by effilang

You just reminded me of an experience I had years ago, I've never forgotten it. I'm not sure it's anything related to what your saying but I'll post it anyway.

I can't say exactly how many haircuts I've had in my life, but it must be hundreds.... but I remember only one.

I used to go to the same hairdressers a short way from where I lived at the time and all the haircutting experiences were of the norm, except one Sunday when I went to get the usual haircut there was a new guy, middle aged and of either Italian or Arabic extraction(I'm really not sure which), in any case I felt a bit off you know, I mean I was used to the same guy cutting my hair the 'right' way.

So I sit in the chair and the haircut proceeds....well, it was like no haircut I've ever experienced before or since. The man moved his hands in such smooth motions it was absolutely hypnotic, I was used to the jerking movements of the usual hairdressers, you know the kind, worried that the scissors are gonna impale you at any moment. But this guy, amazing, every touch on the head was like a caress or stroke.....absolutely hypnotic, the man was a fucking artist is all I can say.

Sadly I never had the pleasure again, he was just there for one day to replace someone and had gone back to his own salon far away. He was a true master of his craft, I've never forgotten him.... I never will either. True artists and masters are few and far between in every skill/profession. I was lucky to have experienced it once. Maybe once was enough.

:lol: This topic is awesome.

Now that I think about it, real barbershops do have something nice about them. It's a good place to be. I've been to a couple where they use the straight razor and cream...it's definitely a much better haircut experience.

At least for me, there's something about trusting another man enough to take a sharp blade and put it on the skin of my throat. Nothing perverse...but you have to develop somewhat of a bond after having to trust someone like that...you are literally putting your life in their hands.

It reminds me that the world is actually safe, and that I can actually trust people with my well being.

Weird. :lol:

Sometimes my legs will start moving spontaneously and shaking.

This is really interesting. Definitely related to jing. Maybe you should open a barbershop or massage parlor, effilang! It'd be really good for your cultivation...I'm serious!

Edited by Scotty

Sign in to follow this