suninmyeyes

are you ever gonna die?

im wondering what you think if there is a total rest ,COMPLETE death,cessation on all levels of existance?is it a point of view only,or point of no view that lives in silence ?

or are we ever new and everdying with every thought?is the real rest in acceptance of whatever is happening?

what is your understanding or opinion?

would you like to die completley really?

sorry english is not my first language,hope i made myself understood.

im wondering what you think if there is a total rest ,COMPLETE death,cessation on all levels of existance?is it a point of view only,or point of no view that lives in silence ?

or are we ever new and everdying with every thought?is the real rest in acceptance of whatever is happening?

There is only one way that I know of to make an attempt to answer such questions.

That is to ask both you and myself - "who is it that wants to know?"

Good luck

There is only one way that I know of to make an attempt to answer such questions.

That is to ask both you and myself - "who is it that wants to know?"

Good luck

what about complete cessation on all levels physical,astral ,causal?thats it. no more.is it possible?

is there really me?

anyway let you know after evening meditation ,if i dont dissolve forever

Hi Sun,

The physical body will die. Beyond that I have no knowledge. Yes, the body dies forever when it dies. One day there will be no more Marblehead.

Peace & Love!

Greetings..

One day there will be no more Marblehead.

But, the Energy that animates the 'image' labeled Marblehead will continue.. portions of that energy may animate other beings..

Be well..

Recently I thought that maybe the prospect of eternal existence seems undesirable and/or frightening to people only because they can't imagine a state of evolution where it really is 'no big deal'. Maybe your consciousness falls apart exactly at the moment you wish it to.

( Death ... Learn how to live with it! :lol: )

This is a theory based on my growing observations how at least a lot of suffering (and maybe all that happens to us) is more or less directly done to us by ourselves. This would also explain claims that by understanding yourself, you will understand the universe and that we are potentially omnipotent.

Of course its possible! And if you knew how possibly close it is, when you next post, i suggest

you type a little faster.. :lol: Time is precious!

thanks for the replies.

im struggling for words actually as im pondering on them.like i wanna say something but it cant be said exactly.

something is happening.

so...are we going to dissaper completey TOTALLY?or do you actually exist at all?

is this all one big con?whats going on?

:lol:

ok i should find these things out ,but any universal views ?

It is death that dies completely, thus there is a deeper joy that is not touched by a deeper sorrow.

It is death that dies completely, thus there is a deeper joy that is not touched by a deeper sorrow.

Value this thought...nice thread...

Greetings..

But, the Energy that animates the 'image' labeled Marblehead will continue.. portions of that energy may animate other beings..

Be well..

To the first part - that is true. To the second part - perhaps.

Peace & Love!

Last time I had surgery, I was determined to hold awareness into the anesthetic state...they gave me a shot to 'relax' me "the good stuff!' one nurse joked as they administered it into my I.V. (fentanyl? Versed?) and I remember about the next 30 seconds, and damned if the next thing I was aware of was them shaking me awake after it was over. If I think about not having some form of awareness after death, it kind of scares me, but really...had I never awakened after surgery, but died during it and there is no 'consciousness after death;, man i would never be the wiser. had I not woken up, I would not have even been aware of it, and you know what? If that's the way it is, then so what...you'll never know the difference...

Last time I had surgery, I was determined to hold awareness into the anesthetic state...they gave me a shot to 'relax' me "the good stuff!' one nurse joked as they administered it into my I.V. (fentanyl? Versed?) and I remember about the next 30 seconds, and damned if the next thing I was aware of was them shaking me awake after it was over. If I think about not having some form of awareness after death, it kind of scares me, but really...had I never awakened after surgery, but died during it and there is no 'consciousness after death;, man i would never be the wiser. had I not woken up, I would not have even been aware of it, and you know what? If that's the way it is, then so what...you'll never know the difference...

I am truly glad you are still with us, Mr Songs! :D

Your friend, wishing you a joyful New Year!! (and a surgery-free one okay? :P )

Mr Cow.

I have had out of body experiences so I am certain we survive physical death...as certain as the living can be.

I think that we have "bodies" on different levels of awareness...astral, causal, mental, spiritual, etc. levels (or whatever set of names you choose to use). After death the soul will likely be drawn back to the physical plane in order to inhabit another physical form. This will contiinue until one reaches enlightenment (fully realized connection with the higher self/atman/monad that initially gave "birth" to the soul) at which time the entirety of the entiity with transcend these "lower worlds" and commune with the divine one ever more expanded planes of being. There may be no end to this evolutionary path...that of God ever more realizing itself as God throughout eternity.

I have no proof of this but intuitively this seems correct to me. :)

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Edited by Sundragon

I personally think that both life and death are meant to be fully embraced and accepted. By that I mean that no matter how difficult they become for you, life and death are not to be ignored or escaped from. I don't have any knowledge about what happens after innerspace_cadet dies, but I can't imagine it would be anything worse than what I have experienced in this life.

Personally, I believe in equanimity, just accepting everything as it is, and not letting events ruffle your feathers. I haven't perfected equanimity, but when I experienced brief states of consciousness where I accepted the "way things are" I experienced more peace than I had ever before.

I've explored yoga, Buddhism, Stoicism and many other systems, but I just see them as tools, not philosophies that own the copyright on "truth." I can't say I'm religious, because I see these "religions" as brooms that sweep the dust out of my eyes, and nothing more.

Beliefs have their consequences. If you "believe" that nothing happens after death, then naturally you will have more of a "carpe diem" attitude about life. But if you "believe" that there is an afterlife, then you will naturally be more relaxed about life, because you're just passing through, so to speak.

This question reminds me of a scene from 'Team America', where the male character(puppet)wants to get into the pants of the female one:

Her: "...I don't wanna suffer the pain of losing someone again, if you could tell me you will never die I would make love to you right now."

Him: *pauses* then says ".........I.... will never die!!!!!!!!!!"

I love that film.

I have no proof of this but intuitively this seems correct to me. :)

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Yep. And because of the Taoist concepts of 'cycles' and 'reversion' I cannot deny the possibility of it.

Peace & Love!

Her: "...I don't wanna suffer the pain of losing someone again, if you could tell me you will never die I would make love to you right now."

I love that film.

And what other response would one expect? Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

this was my trail of thought too in a way.but here im again existing as deeper joy,in order for joy to be her joyfull self she has to be put up against something ,so there is some creation involved here.

which means the death will have to be reborn :D ,not dead completley.

i am also sure that ill survive physical death ,totally certain too.

Songs,ive had a surgery as a child with strong knock off anesthetic.i disliked the idea of operation and wanted to be awake by all means so that i couldnt be operated upon.what happend body couldnt resist and fell asleep and my awarness stayed fully counciess of surrounding and what doctors were disscusing.

Greetings..

"Are you ever gonna die?".. a much more important question: Are you ever gonna Live? really Live, with gusto and unconditional sincerity..

Be well..

This question reminds me of a scene from 'Team America', where the male character(puppet)wants to get into the pants of the female one:

I love that film.

And what other response would one expect? Hehehe.

You see that's why being Daoist is so good, I mean you try walking up to a lady in a bar and saying "by the way, did you know I'm immortal, I will never die!". What woman doesn't want to hear such wonderful words. Eternal security :D:D (gotta' leave out the bit about marriage not being of the Dao though)

In my training, we were taught that the only end result possible for us is our eventual return and re-merging with the Deity, Supreme Universal Force, God, Goddess, whatever term is called for IT. I suppose the closest thing to death we can experience is the loss of our individuality when the said re-merging occurs.

(words also of a kind Buddhist monk)

GIVEN TO THE DYING

This body is not me; I am not caught in this body,

I am life without boundaries,

I have never been born and I have never died.

Over there the wide ocean and the sky with many galaxies

All manifests from the basis of consciousness.

Since beginningless time I have always been free.

Birth and death are only a door through which we go in and out.

Birth and death are only a game of hide-and-seek.

So smile to me and take my hand and wave good-bye.

Tomorrow we shall meet again or even before.

We shall always be meeting again at the true source,

Always meeting again on the myriad paths of life.

~Thich Nhat Hanh, No Death, No Fear (taken from the Anguttura Nikaya sutra)

In my training, we were taught that the only end result possible for us is our eventual return and re-merging with the Deity, Supreme Universal Force, God, Goddess, whatever term is called for IT. I suppose the closest thing to death we can experience is the loss of our individuality when the said re-merging occurs.

I generally accept statements such as this to be valid. Of course, I don't 'know' but then I really don't need to 'know'.

Peace & Love!

"this was my trail of thought too in a way.but here im again existing as deeper joy,in order for joy to be her

joyfull self she has to be put up against something ,so there is some creation involved here.

which means the death will have to be reborn :D ,not dead completley.

i am also sure that ill survive physical death ,totally certain too". Suninmyeyes

Hello Suninmyeyes,

The non-dual Joy is not of creation although it flows through creation free and unbound. Identity in that sees death die in transition to it's Truth, and then even such seeing is no more.

How fast is She? So very, very fast that she is standing still everywhere at once, unencompassable.

Om

Edited by 3bob