Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

BJJ is not gay!?

"Ime struck by how gay this display of gayness is".

That lady and her expression watching BJJ is pretty fuckin' funny though IMO.

Cameron,

Heather Graham is 100% on the money. BJJ IS gay. As a matter of fact, the only thing gayer then BJJ is a guy who keep posting about guys grappling around. Hell, my own father (who is a manly motherfucker--former boxer and kettlebell champion) thinks MMA is gay.

Historically, wrestling clubs were filled with homosexuals and bisexuals. These guys were tough bastards who went with women on the outside and would crack your skull for looking at them cock-eyed, but they loved the dick when nobody was around. Anyone who is old-school (like my dad born 1930) knows grappling is all about the cock. Seb Cox even has a great article on it on his site.

These days you go to any school where grappling is going on and you will see the repressed homo vibes all over the place. Unless, of course, you are repressed yourself. I've grappled with a lot of guys here and there and the homosexual undertones are hilarious. Half these guys need to take out an ad on craigslist.org under "str8t man seeks other str8t man." Joe Rogan, the MMA male spokesmodel, is a typical in-the-closet cocksucker, hanging around the "big boys" with his mouth half open. Sure, he'll kick my ass for saying so, but so will Peter North, and we all know he used to take it in the ass. We've got the films.

Wake up! Why else would you study grappling? Would you grapple in a street fight? I hope not! Even your friend Wanderlie Silva just beats the hell out of his opponents. He knows what to do in a street-fight: hit first and be a steam-roller.

Now I love watching MMA and I don't care that it is gay. Then again, I just wrote a book on anal orgasms. But if you want to pick up hot chicks like Heather Graham (and I do it frequently despite my amorphous sexuality), don't tell them you do grappling because they will think you've got some gay shit going on and they will be right.

Oh, and please don't tell me this shit about how "I'm gonna' taste balls at the hand of a BJJ guy" for saying this (typical shit I've heard on MA discussion boards) because that is gay also.

-Sheep

LOL. Whatever you say man :)

BTW, you are the official DRAMA QUEEN of online Taoist circles :P

And I still think your a pretty entertaining guy no matter what your views and I have no intention of making you" eat balls" or whatever your fantasy.

Realistically, there are probably about as many gay men in BJJ as in football, tennis, baseball or any other sport. I just look at it all as martial art.

Edited by Cameron

BTW, you are the official DRAMA QUEEN of online Taoist circles :P

Pietro is the official "belt-holder" as far as drama goes. :lol: I'm just controversial.

Man, it's like 1996 all over again.

The Groundfighting FAQ

Introduction to this FAQ:

The neccesity of learning to grapple and fight on the ground has been debated countless times on internet martial arts forums such as bullshido.net. Arguments have breen brought forth and systematically taken apart over and over again. Evidence has been shown for the neccesity of learning to fight on the ground if one wishes to be a well rounded fighter, prepared for all situations. This FAQ was created for the purpose of disspelling common misconceptions about what grappling and groundfighting are and are not.

Q: Doesn't the presence of broken glass, needles, lava, sharks, etc. on the ground make groundfighting a bad idea even if you're good at it?

A: Striking advocates are quick to point out that you would never want to roll around on the ground where you would get scraped up by the asphalt or broken glass. This is indeed the truth and it is why a person should train in groundfighting.

A groundfighter is going to control the takedown and be on TOP thus using the harsh environment against his attacker. Even if our groundfighter is in a disadvantageous position, he will quickly improve position, whereas the helpless striker would just flail about and remove the skin from his own back.

B: A fight is an unpredictable event and going to the ground is a possibility. You may not have the luxery of keeping the fight standing especially if you do not train in proper takedown defenses. You may also trip, or slip on something, or...the list goes on and on.

Learning groundfighting will give you the ability to continue to defend yourself as well as teach you proper, safe ways to stand back up.

Q:"I wouldn't want to grapple/wrestle with a bigger opponent, I'd rather strike."

A: In the striking range, there is a higher percentage of chance factors that can result in the inferior striker getting in a shot that KO's the other person. This is especially true if you are fighting a big person. A bigger person with little or no training can still throw powerful punches. A good grappler can negate this by taking the bigger person to the ground and minimizing the distance the bigger opponent has to build momentum in striking. Yes, size still matters on the ground, but not as much as standing up. It's more likely that your technical skills on the ground will protect you against a larger opponent than standing up.

Q: But in my school/system/class/warrior clan, we train so that we are never taken down. Why should we learn grappling?

A: Professional Boxers train to never get knocked out, but it still happens. Players of almost ANY sport train to not let their opponent win, but it still happens. There are no gaurantees in fighting, and as much time as you spend training to never be taken down, there are people training to take you down. It's important to know how to adapt to all situations, good and bad, and that includes grappling.

Also, there is ample evidence, video and otherwise, of people claiming they cannot be taken down, only to be taken down and submitted minutes later.

Q: What about anti-grappling?

A: In addition to the refutations above, the whole idea of "Anti-grappling" is absurd. If I were to claim to be practicing "anti-striking" every time I shot a double leg takedown, you'd laugh, wouldn't you? "Anti-grappling" is just as ridiculous an idea.

An entire range of fighting cannot be dismissed with just a few techniques.

Q: I saw some MMA matches where guys were knocked out. Doesn't this mean grappling doesn't work?

A: Crosstraining in both grappling and striking is neccesary to be succesful in MMA. However, if you don't grapple at all, your chances of success are slim to none. Even fighters who prefer to strike have to train grappling.

Q: Ok, you convinced me. But it looks scary. I don't wanna get my arm broken by a three hundred pound ex-wrestler!

A: It isn't. The tap-out system allows for a maximum of safety, much more than sparring in striking arts.

Q: Even though I overtrain with anal dildos, for some reason wrestling with other men this close looks gay to me...

A: What are you, eight?

:lol:

Also, Rosinke, Wand doesn't go to the ground because, even though he is a BJJ black belt, he isn't very good on the ground. His guard is ok and prevents him from getting tapped but he isn't going to tap any top fighters.

His teammate, Rua Shogun, who by many accounts is even better than Wand, is really really good on the ground along with crazy stand up/striking.

If you watched the last Pride FC grand prix you would have seen Shogun tool Ricardo Arona, a BJJ black belt and Abu Dhabi champion, using a combination of BJJ/grappling and stand up.

Saying grappling as a whole is gay is moronic. I guess wrestling, which is the national sport of Iran along with soccer, is gay?

I think not considering the act of gay sex is considered a crime under death in that country.

Although by your account all the gay Iranian wrestlers and Pahlavans are just expressing there respressed gayness :lol:

Anyway, none of this is going to prevent the inevatable showdown at Renzo's in midtown that is going to happen between us.

Seriously, go in there and start training your minutes way from probably the one of the best BJJ schools in the country.

Ask Renzo what he thinks about your grappling and sexuality theories I am sure he will happily debate you.

Edited by Cameron

There will be no showdown between us because I will lose.

See, as much as I say grappling is gay, I love it--yet I do not train it. I suck at grappling. I lose to grapplers all the time. So why don't I train it?

In a real fight, fights are over in about 3-5 seconds. In a real fight, you never know when it starts. You don't have the luxury of being in a ring with a bell going off. When a REAL fight starts (I am talking about ASOCIAL violence), someone will hit first. If they hit accurately the fight is over.

Will you hit first or will you be a bitch? Probably the latter. When a 220 pound guy surprises you in East Williamsburg with a knife you will be fucking scared. You'll have a girl with you so you won't be able to run--and he will have 1 or 2 boys as backup. Guess you should have been more alert, ay?

UFC and Pride are FULL of rules for a reason, and the intent of the fighters is never to maim or kill another. It is sport, and as a sport it is pretty gay. Just 'cause you or Gracie or Fedor will kick my ass doesn't change a thing. Imagine Mike Tyson bit off Holyfield's nose instead of a piece of his ear. You don't think people punched out each other's eyes while grappling in a WW1 trench?

Take the toughest UFC fighter and punch his eyeball out. Doesn't take much if you've got the intention. When that eyeball comes out it will be over with him in hysterics.

Ask any prison convict, military commando, or bouncer how many times he has ever gone to the ground and grappled. When a fight is ASOCIAL, you will always be confronted with more, stronger opponents and you better hope they have poor hitting mechanics and bad targeting because otherwise you will be dead.

The thing is, you've got to have intention, and most don't. So they train these "soft" SOCIAL violence modalities hoping that it will get them through an ASOCIAL situation by "blessing" them with intention.

It never does.

So why practice grappling? It's fun! It's a good workout! I love it myself.

But it's also kinda' gay.

Better to face the realities of real violence (the only situation you will have NO CHOICE about entering into) and devote that grappling practice time to making $$$ and fucking bitches.

Anyway, none of this is going to prevent the inevatable showdown at Renzo's in midtown that is going to happen between us.

Seriously, go in there and start training your minutes way from probably the one of the best BJJ schools in the country.

If the argument is about the usefullness of ground fighting, the challenge should be about you using BJJ and Sheepish using any form of MA. Don't you think?

If the argument is about the usefullness of ground fighting, the challenge should be about you using BJJ and Sheepish using any form of MA. Don't you think?

I have no interest in fights with Cameron as I have nothing but good feelings for him. Besides, next to me he is like The Great Gama with all his kettlebells, Aikido, and BJJ. I have zero chance against him. :(

True story: last night my gf's son was telling me about how his friend got stabbed this week 6 times in his kidney. He was a BJJ guy who watched two many MMA shows when some smaller guy with no training bumped him in a pool hall. Mr. BJJ immediately went off about "saying excuse me." One thing led to another and Mr. BJJ took him to the ground. One of Mr. Small Untrained's friends threw him a knife and he put it in Mr. BJJ's kidney 6 times, got up and walked away.

Bullshido is the very thing it crusades against. Those guys are so busy arguing yet when you watch their private grudge matches it is always bullshit until suddenly the violence turns from SOCIAL to ASOCIAL due to ego and then you see how a jab in the throat shuts down the best fighter's game in 2 seconds.

All you guys study martial arts to protect yourself from criminals yet criminals always have the upper hand like in the story of the guy getting his kidney popped even though they have no martial arts training.

What they do have is no illusion about violence. They have intent to take you down and respect no rules.

Incidentally Mr. Momeni, it is for the very reason that homosexuality is punishable by death that wrestling is so popular in Iran. What other outlet is there for those strong, strong men? :lol:

Ok, ok Plato. Yes, your right, in a real situation you hit first, hit hard and it is over. I have trained for this a little and one of my Aikido teachers who I told you about years ago always would train that and always say that in a real fight it's over with in seconds.

And incendently, yes, in the 2 real street fights I have witnessed, both when I was a kid. First up at NY Military Acadmeny during summer camp for kids with no discipline(the black kids from the Bronx ran a gambling ring, I thought it was a joke until I saw the short black kid with an uppercut like Tyson take out this huge Asian kid who refused to pay him his money, LOL)

Then that beat down incedent in the west village I also told you about where a gay man said the wrong thing to the wrong street thug and got severely beat down as I walked by. Pretty much over and done with after the first punch.

Realisticically, unless soemone is a college level wrestler or submissions master he isn't taking me down. As one BJJ guy told me my first night of class " your base is really strong" etc.

It's a sport. I enjoy practicing it. It also is an awesome workout and builds mental focus, discipline etc just like Matt Furey says in Combat Conditioning.

It is also part of my heritage and culture. I used to wrestle my cousin in front of my entire family in White Plains when I was a kid. They would cheer us and it was alot of fun. My father just showed me an awesome picture of my three uncles wrestling eachother as kids in Iran.

Most guys love watching there football and basebal I have always loved martial arts and wrestling. Whether it was WWF as a kid or BJJ Mundials now.

And I have enver been in a street fight so won't speculate as to what would happen. Like you said i try to always have the intention to avoid trouble to begin with but my guess is all the training I have done have helped me be able to handle myself if that situation ever arose. But if it never did I would be fine with that I don't want to have to chok someone to death or breaking someones limbs.

Though my guess is I could control whatever with stand up unless they are really good.

Good luck.

Edited by Cameron

Yo--what were you doing in a JD camp? HAHAHA!!!

Also, I am not dissing your culture or saying wrestlers are ALL gay. Obviously you and Sean are not gay. But seriously, that video clip from "Emily's Reasons..." had me laughing and laughing. It is a joke, but with quite some truth behind it and since it bugged you the situation sort of begged for me to step in and start shit.

I watch MMA all the time with Max and my fav fighter is Fedor's brother Alex. I watch the UFC reality show and will probably fly out with Max to see the next big Las Vegas fight so maybe you want to drop by and hang when we work out the details?

-P

Actually it didn't bug me I was sort of joking on myself. Not really serious or anything.

I am all for self deprecation as long as it doesn't venture into blatant disrespect or hate.

Having a sense of humor about yourself and life in gereral is very good I think.

Edited by Cameron

I would be down to goet together for the BJ Penn and GSP showdown. Better get tickets fast though.

Actually I asked Sean if he wanted to go to the enxt UFC since I am in vegas anyway but it is totally sold out and you can only get tickets for like $500. In addition, it's super bowl weekend so for me to stay a couple more nights at the MGM Grand is like $1500.

I'll watch it on tv this time. But yeah if you want I would like to check a future UFC. Just need to plan it well in advance.

Sign in to follow this