Sign in to follow this  
buscon

Holosync prologue - experiences and comments

Hi all,

lately I'm trying out the first cd of Holosync prologue series, I go with it especially at evening when I do sitted meditation (micro and macrocosmic circulation, inner smile and emptyness meditation).

I find it very effective, it enhances the meditative state (more concentration and relaxation).

What do you think about it ? Have you tryed out ? do you like it?

I've already looked for some comments on the forum but I didn't find so much information.

Hi all,

lately I'm trying out the first cd of Holosync prologue series, I go with it especially at evening when I do sitted meditation (micro and macrocosmic circulation, inner smile and emptyness meditation).

I find it very effective, it enhances the meditative state (more concentration and relaxation).

What do you think about it ? Have you tryed out ? do you like it?

I've already looked for some comments on the forum but I didn't find so much information.

It works insofar as binaural beats help the brain to more easily access altered states of consciousness. However, Holosync as a whole is very, very overpriced as they are still using binaural beats alone which is early/mid 80's mind tech.

The secret of Holosync is the Singing bowls that play during the first half hour. They seem to give off a resonance that entrains to deep theta or even delta so the binaural beats don't have to do that much...because they don't.

There are far more effective methods available now such as isochronic beats and panning that a shown to be much more effective in getting the brain to get to the desired level quickly.

There is software called Neuro-programmer 2 by Transparent Corp. that wil allow you to build your own tracks that are even more effective than holosync. I have been building me own for years. They also have professional level software called Mind Workstation which I just purchased to create my own program for retail sail eventually.

I would say that the following entrainment solutions are good, equally effective or better than holosync without ripping a giant whole in your bank account:

Equisync

Insight by Imramma Institute

Lifeflow Meditation2.0 (pricey but still overall cheaper than holosync)

Brain Evolution System (see above)

And no matter what anyone says, entrainment is no more a crutch than ocean sounds, singing bowls, chanting monks or a shaman's drum.

Entering altered states of consciousness is a learned experience. The brain remembers a state it has been in previously maqking it easier and easier to enter that state again. No matter what entrainment method you use, you will still need to be able to remain aware and alert whatever your depth of relaxation if you want to actually be meditating which is at times harder especially if you are entrianing to theta brainwave level (the level of deep trance/rem sleep and dreams). One can do mantra, vipassana, breath counting, etc. while listening to an entrainment track but one still must actually meditate to get the benefit of meditation not just trance out to the track.

If all someone wants is to relax then meditation technique doesn't matter.

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

It works insofar as binaural beats help the brain to more easily access altered states of consciousness. However, Holosync as a whole is very, very overpriced as they are still using binaural beats alone which is early/mid 80's mind tech.

The secret of Holosync is the Singing bowls that play during the first half hour. They seem to give off a resonance that entrains to deep theta or even delta so the binaural beats don't have to do that much...because they don't.

There are far more effective methods available now such as isochronic beats and panning that a shown to be much more effective in getting the brain to get to the desired level quickly.

There is software called Neuro-programmer 2 by Transparent Corp. that wil allow you to build your own tracks that are even more effective than holosync. I have been building me own for years. They also have professional level software called Mind Workstation which I just purchased to create my own program for retail sail eventually.

I would say that the following entrainment solutions are good, equally effective or better than holosync without ripping a giant whole in your bank account:

Equisync

Insight by Imramma Institute

Lifeflow Meditation2.0 (pricey but still overall cheaper than holosync)

Brain Evolution System (see above)

thanks for the tips, I'll try them out.

And no matter what anyone says, entrainment is no more a crutch than ocean sounds, singing bowls, chanting monks or a shaman's drum.

Entering altered states of consciousness is a learned experience. The brain remembers a state it has been in previously maqking it easier and easier to enter that state again. No matter what entrainment method you use, you will still need to be able to remain aware and alert whatever your depth of relaxation if you want to actually be meditating which is at times harder especially if you are entrianing to theta brainwave level (the level of deep trance/rem sleep and dreams). One can do mantra, vipassana, breath counting, etc. while listening to an entrainment track but one still must actually meditate to get the benefit of meditation not just trance out to the track.

I totally agree with you: entrainment is just a crutch for meditation. For me is quite effective, more than other methods, maybe because I'm a musician: when I hear to some music during meditation I feel the qi that resonates some points of my body, especially on my main meridians and points (in particulary on my back, third eye and heart).

That's smt that I've noticed just lately and really took me to a deeper level of meditation.

Awakening Prologue may have been the hardest level, at least for me, and I went all the way through Flowering Level 4. I would suggest finishing Awakening Prologue and giving it at least two or three months. If you can get a copy of "Thresholds of the Mind" by Bill Harris through your local library, even better. There is a newer version than the one I read. It was almost more helpful than the actual holosync program and you can apply the ideas to holosync, other entrainment, or even "traditional meditation" without entrainment. The advantage to using entrainment for a while is that you will find that your "traditional meditation" will tend to be stronger afterward. The thing is, I was several levels in when I realized that my "traditional meditation" had gotten to the point where it was deeper somehow than I could reach with the holosync. I just kept going with the levels because I kept expecting that to change. It also had the advantage of making sure I got at least an hour in every day. Often two or three or four. Instead of the deeper levels seeming deeper, it increasingly seemed like the entrainment was holding me back. I finished holosync just to be able to say that I did. The information in the book about witnessing / "the watcher" as a way of working through resistance really helped. I had to keep pushing myself harder as a way of keeping the pressure on.

The first level of BrainEv was really nice even after I finished holosync. It wasn't really the entrainment; it was the richness of the background sound. Lots of CDs use water based sound, but this was like being in a raft floating down the stream compared to most of them. I might actually take the time to start over and go through the entire six month program some day. I quit after I reached the third level. It turns out that it has entrainment going in two directions and the point is to choose to follow the lower frequency entrainment while ignoring the higher frequency entrainment. It was easy enough that I did it without thinking about it, but it did seem a little grating and I just wasn't sure why I should do it for a full month. I had thought it was level four which did this going in two directions thing and I thought that was what I had to look forward to. It really does feel like it gets more done in half-hour daily sessions than I got from three hours per day of holosync. The entrainment just felt more natural to me than holosync, and it was more interesting.

I do Lifeflow in the lunch break. (40 min) It includes a whole range of different entrainment sounds, not only binaural beats. And it stays on one brain wave level during one sitting.

Great way to not get totally polluted by your job. At the filthy level I am at, I sometime have a hard time tuning in if there's a report due. But the industrial strenght of the sounds lures my brain into becoming all mellowed out by the whole thing.

As for the connection to "traditional sitting", I have no idea. I really can't connect that well if I mix them, but if I do more "physical" sittings like some of the 5 animal meditations, it seems to work fine.

Main point for me is that it forces my wandering mind to relax. I have a tendency to be over-ambitious, and this seems to be an effective method of self-medication.

But remember it is still an additional "information" on top of what you want to let go of. Maybe you could call it a sort of counter-noise.

h

Thanks all for the great suggestions.

In the last month I'm using Equisync cds and I'm quite happy with them.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this