Sign in to follow this  
glooper23

Video of master using his chi

What do you think? Many of the comments question the legitimacy. I too wonder why only the students were used in the demonstration.

What do you think? Many of the comments question the legitimacy. I too wonder why only the students were used in the demonstration.

You are asking the right question, Sir. But don't expect any good answers around here. Most of the taobums here practice with teachers just like this one where after a while they "feel" the "CHI" or "QI"etc

It doesn't work on people from outside because outsiders don't believe in him so the verification of the method is very subjective. That's the difference between a real school(very rare) and a school that only has part of the teaching (most of them).

Wait a couple of days and you'll get a whole bunch of comments defending this clown in the video and claiming all kind of things and facts about him simply because deep down in their subconscious they know that they've been lying to themselves the same way for a long time but it would suck to admit it. Because it would mean that you are still at level zero and you would have to start all over from the beginning.

It's a lot easier to become a "teacher" in your own bs style and keep teaching other people the same nonsense.

You don't even have to go all the way to China to see such a marvel - we have a few here in US with the ability to put on even more spectacular shows:

http://www.strimoo.com/video/14031691/Taoi...paceVideos.html

here's another one

uDp6xSTyuMc

Edited by orb

I believe in chi and such i think it is part chi and part hypnosis of the student into thinking the stuff really effects them. That is to say untill you get to a certain point like john chang and then it all becomes real.

PS what is the russian guys mantra he uses?

Edited by mewtwo

What are some other and if you will more important questions than whether this is real or fake?

For instance: would setting out for and attaining such a power also mean that you are truly free? And which would be more valuable to you?

Attaining a power does not make you free, you have to be carefull in that you dont focuse on powers to much. If you focuse to much on them they can lead you astray. focus more on getting liberation enlightenment nirvana what ever you call it. Freedom would be more valuable to me. powers are a side effect.

Edited by mewtwo

What are some other and if you will more important questions than whether this is real or fake?

For instance: would setting out for and attaining such a power also mean that you are truly free? And which would be more valuable to you?

I see this a lot, pursuing these is bad, just ego, distraction etc

BUT whats wrong with a little fun and game guys? when did that become a bad thing?

If I were to learn awesome acrobatic martial arts tricks, would that be a bad thing? I enjoy doing them, they might not help me in becoming some super warrior so what? Same goes for energy I think, its a nice thing to do, you'll have fun.

If it takes you 20years to be able to do stuff like this you deserve to have some fun with it :rolleyes:

I see this a lot, pursuing these is bad, just ego, distraction etc

BUT whats wrong with a little fun and game guys? when did that become a bad thing?

It's no worse than the pursuit of money, sex, political power, etc., roughly speaking. That's my opinion. The reason I don't spend more time on it is twofold--

1. I fear that I'll spend so much time developing a particular skill that it will affect my relationships with others.

2. I really wonder if I'll ever really need it. There's more than 1 way to accomplish a particular end.

But I wouldn't tell people NOT to spend time on such things. I say, if life throws it in your lap, and you like it, and it's not going to seriously disrupt your life, have fun with it.

But yeah, there are plenty of people (on this board, and in the world in general) who would take such a thing too far. Just like we have Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, who have more money than they'll ever need, and who would have better served themselves and the world by taking a few more walks/naps or playing a few more video games or hanging out with friends/family more, you will also have similar extremely driven/talented people who train esoteric powers to excess. The same is true for getting high, getting laid, etc. It can be taken to excess, and sometimes is.

If you don't see the wisdom glowing out of that paragraph, I cannot help you, nor would I want to, my friend. :)

I know you're laughing at me. It's OK. I'm laughing back, even harder.

It's like the Tao Te Ching says "Fools laugh. The Tao laughs harder."

Not that you're a fool, just that you simply have not (yet, maybe) the necessary experiences. You wouldn't expect a pygmy in Africa to believe that satellites are flying around in space, or that the speed of time flow is controlled by gravity. He just doesn't have the background knowledge/experience, right?

Edited by agharta

It's no worse than the pursuit of money, sex, political power, etc., roughly speaking. That's my opinion. The reason I don't spend more time on it is twofold--

1. I fear that I'll spend so much time developing a particular skill that it will affect my relationships with others.

2. I really wonder if I'll ever really need it. There's more than 1 way to accomplish a particular end.

But I wouldn't tell people NOT to spend time on such things. I say, if life throws it in your lap, and you like it, and it's not going to seriously disrupt your life, have fun with it.

But yeah, there are plenty of people (on this board, and in the world in general) who would take such a thing too far. Just like we have Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, who have more money than they'll ever need, and who would have better served themselves and the world by taking a few more walks/naps or playing a few more video games or hanging out with friends/family more, you will also have similar extremely driven/talented people who train esoteric powers to excess. The same is true for getting high, getting laid, etc. It can be taken to excess, and sometimes is.

If you don't see the wisdom glowing out of that paragraph, I cannot help you, nor would I want to, my friend. :)

I know you're laughing at me. It's OK. I'm laughing back, even harder.

It's like the Tao Te Ching says "Fools laugh. The Tao laughs harder."

Not that you're a fool, just that you simply have not (yet, maybe) the necessary experiences. You wouldn't expect a pygmy in Africa to believe that satellites are flying around in space, or that the speed of time flow is controlled by gravity. He just doesn't have the background knowledge/experience, right?

Well said...

Personally, I would not believe anything just because it is on you tube. I go and meet the guy. Master Duan can do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA I stood in one room with a door closed. He was 30 feet away out in the hall and his chi projection made my body move in waves.

I could give more examples that are done for combat/self defense that involve real life dangerous situations and not demonstrations between student and teacher.

I no longer enjoy explaining such basics to the curious especially on an internet forum. It is like talking to someone who can't conceive the world is actually round. This is something that must be demonstrated in person before judgment is passed. Its a waste of my time otherwise.

All the basics can be learned in an afternoon with a good teacher if your cultivation skills have been effective. The more dramatic stuff like bouncing people around the room without touching them takes maybe a year or less of practice if your teacher is good. Those with really good cultivation skills could pick it up in a few minutes. Children pick up on this stuff easily. It's the adults that have a hard time breaking entrenched belief systems to become adept at it.

And, it is just a side show attraction on the way.

Well said...

Personally, I would not believe anything just because it is on you tube. I go and meet the guy. Master Duan can do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA I stood in one room with a door closed. He was 30 feet away out in the hall and his chi projection made my body move in waves.

From what I can see in that video, I can tell he definitely has excellent martial arts skills, and my standards are very high in that area.

If you say he has those skills, ShaktiMama, I'm prepared to accept the possibility. He moves, if anything, almost better than my sifu, and my sifu very definitely had tremendous martial and chi abilities. :)

From what I can see in that video, I can tell he definitely has excellent martial arts skills, and my standards are very high in that area.

If you say he has those skills, ShaktiMama, I'm prepared to accept the possibility. He moves, if anything, almost better than my sifu, and my sifu very definitely had tremendous martial and chi abilities. :)

They are a joy to behold and be in their presence. His students called him "sneaky bastard" during sparring. His smile is absolutely full of good chi and love. I can feel it projected through the video and I saw the video about a year before I met him in Beijing.

I am no martial artist. I went to him to get additional medical qigong training and learn wuji qigong. You could put your hand on his back and feel the energy running between heaven and earth. I assisted him in one treatment using Tuina that lowered the patient's blood pressure. I also saw other pains and such go away. He is a bundle of qi and love and adores teaching. A fascinating man who would often spontaneously break out in song or start dancing while smoking his pipe.

They are a joy to behold and be in their presence. His students called him "sneaky bastard" during sparring. His smile is absolutely full of good chi and love. I can feel it projected through the video and I saw the video about a year before I met him in Beijing.

I am no martial artist. I went to him to get additional medical qigong training and learn wuji qigong. You could put your hand on his back and feel the energy running between heaven and earth. I assisted him in one treatment using Tuina that lowered the patient's blood pressure. I also saw other pains and such go away. He is a bundle of qi and love and adores teaching. A fascinating man who would often spontaneously break out in song or start dancing while smoking his pipe.

what exactly does a guy like him have in his pipe?

A bit different but, Any ideas on this guys power? I too am curious on what is possible

RzXLkfF01w4

I'm looking for a trick but can't find it.

Full 1hr video here http://rutube.ru/tracks/879291.html . A russian translator would be welcome :D

is it me or did his voice sound a lot like a lazer?

A bit different but, Any ideas on this guys power? I too am curious on what is possible

RzXLkfF01w4

I'm looking for a trick but can't find it.

Full 1hr video here http://rutube.ru/tracks/879291.html . A russian translator would be welcome :D

I'm watching the full hour video and this youtube clip is only a demonstration-He does many very impressive things and does A LOT of explaining, i too wish this could be translated.

Edited by Ohm-Nei

Thanks for the info on him. Do you know where he teaches? since you met him in Beijing but in this video he is a Russian in Russia I would guess.

And what does he teach? qigong and other martial arts?

And Russian translator for the full hour video? Anyone? ;)

Edited by That Guy

Thanks for the info on him. Do you know where he teaches? since you met him in Beijing but in this video he is a Russian in Russia I would guess.

And what does he teach? qigong and other martial arts?

And Russian translator for the full hour video? Anyone? ;)

He teaches in Beijing. He is Chinese but travels around the world teaching. He teaches Wuji Qigong, Tuina, TCM, Bagua, Kung Fu, herbs, etc. He is not Russian.

I went over to see him as part of a study trip after being certified in Medical Qigong. You will need a Chinese translator since he only speaks a little bit of baby English. You contact the people here and they might be able to give you his contact info. People from all over the world just go over there and study with him on their own.

http://www.medicalqigong.org/directory_academic.htm

My guide to there was Dr. Bernard Shannon who is the executive director of the school for Medical Qigong and chairman of the National Board of Directors of the National Qigong Association. He is a personal student of Master Duan and one of the very few people who are authorized to teach Wuji or Primoridal Wigong.

Bernard or "boss" as I call him is a busy guy teaching around the world and one of the nicest, smartest, warmest people you would ever want to meet. He is big chi beast as I call them. We chowed down on a few ducks together in Beijing. (Don't get much meat as a main dish in China and one gets really hungry for it with all the cultivation you do.) Any question that people have about chi and medical qigong...like is chi real? or can you push people with chi from a distance? and all the other basic questions people ask on this board...he can answer and demonstrate.

good luck

what exactly does a guy like him have in his pipe?

tobacco. I also sat at dinner with him at the table and he enjoyed his 150 proof rice wine. He was on no special diet and recommended none for cultivation unless an illness was present then he would prescribe herbs and food.

Those who have very strong cultivation skills can eat what they want for they are strong enough to transform chi. No such thing really as organic foods from the store or even much food safety as you can see from the scandals on milk production over there.

Edited by ShaktiMama

He teaches in Beijing. He is Chinese but travels around the world teaching. He teaches Wuji Qigong, Tuina, TCM, Bagua, Kung Fu, herbs, etc. He is not Russian.

I went over to see him as part of a study trip after being certified in Medical Qigong. You will need a Chinese translator since he only speaks a little bit of baby English. You contact the people here and they might be able to give you his contact info. People from all over the world just go over there and study with him on their own.

http://www.medicalqigong.org/directory_academic.htm

My guide to there was Dr. Bernard Shannon who is the executive director of the school for Medical Qigong and chairman of the National Board of Directors of the National Qigong Association. He is a personal student of Master Duan and one of the very few people who are authorized to teach Wuji or Primoridal Wigong.

Bernard or "boss" as I call him is a busy guy teaching around the world and one of the nicest, smartest, warmest people you would ever want to meet. He is big chi beast as I call them. We chowed down on a few ducks together in Beijing. (Don't get much meat as a main dish in China and one gets really hungry for it with all the cultivation you do.) Any question that people have about chi and medical qigong...like is chi real? or can you push people with chi from a distance? and all the other basic questions people ask on this board...he can answer and demonstrate.

good luck

I would have never guessed, but he can't be of a pure chinese background. is he?

But you mentioned 3 people, just so I get this clear.

Shannon/boss is student of Duan(man from ripleys believe it or not demo).

Shannon guided you to meet the man on the video of pyrokinesis.

Shannon or someone from the qigong link you sent me could help me find the man on this video.

And just if you know of the top of your head, do they ever visit the UK?

Thank you

I would have never guessed, but he can't be of a pure chinese background. is he?

But you mentioned 3 people, just so I get this clear.

Shannon/boss is student of Duan(man from ripleys believe it or not demo).

Shannon guided you to meet the man on the video of pyrokinesis.

Shannon or someone from the qigong link you sent me could help me find the man on this video.

And just if you know of the top of your head, do they ever visit the UK?

Thank you

Master Duan is not the russian guy. Master Duan is native chinese and over 90 years old. I have no idea who the russian is. So no I can't help you with Russian guy.

The video I posted is not the russian guy video. I did not post the russian guy video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA this is duan's video

the info i posted will help you find and study with Master Duan, not russian guy. Ask Santi about the Russian guy. He is very well connected internationally into knowing people who may help you find that person or someone like him. Or you could study with Santi :P

agharta and I were discussing Master Duan, not the russian.

Master Duan is not the russian guy. Master Duan is native chinese and over 90 years old. I have no idea who the russian is. So no I can't help you with Russian guy.

The video I posted is not the russian guy video. I did not post the russian guy video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA this is duan's video

the info i posted will help you find and study with Master Duan, not russian guy. Ask Santi about the Russian guy. He is very well connected internationally into knowing people who may help you find that person or someone like him. Or you could study with Santi :P

agharta and I were discussing Master Duan, not the russian.

:lol::lol::lol: NOW IT MAKES SENSE!

I was thinking, really he(the russian guy) is chinese? :lol:

But thanks for the help anyway, I'll try and contact Duan if I make my way to china sometime.

And who knows, if I'm in London in January I'll drop by so you guys can give me a good zapping and then I'll be on my way :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: NOW IT MAKES SENSE!

I was thinking, really he(the russian guy) is chinese? :lol:

But thanks for the help anyway, I'll try and contact Duan if I make my way to china sometime.

And who knows, if I'm in London in January I'll drop by so you guys can give me a good zapping and then I'll be on my way :lol:

Russian guy's video was translated for the most part-go back through the threads, perform a search. I have the wuji dvd qi-gung,bought it before spring forest and all the rest.With the exception of flying phe. by Terry Dunn,which I never used. Multiple posters have complimented his system so I've dragged it out again...so we'll see.The wuji dvd is jam packed with a lot of data sets for qi gung and too think I got it from Borders.Therer's a method for absorbing yin chi from the ground on the dvd.

This sounds interesting.

Is this the DVD you are talking about ?

http://www.wujiproductions.com/

Quite right! It came with two dvds: one was a documentary on chi-gung in chinese history and its effect on the medical field. I first heard aboutthe 7.5 hertz chi signal that qi gung masters emit through this dvd. Bee-jing Physical Education Center[college?] desighed a chi machine at that time.

Quite right! It came with two dvds: one was a documentary on chi-gung in chinese history and its effect on the medical field. I first heard aboutthe 7.5 hertz chi signal that qi gung masters emit through this dvd. Bee-jing Physical Education Center[college?] desighed a chi machine at that time.

just bought it on amazon for $10.00 - can't beat that !

Sign in to follow this