Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Aliens in all religions or only in some?

So sometime in the future i will be doing a talk in my buddhist sangha about aliens in religions, And I was wondering if you guys could give me some examples of aliens in the different religions. I already have some stuff on hiduism and christanity. But I need some help on the other religions like buddhism and such?

Thanks

So sometime in the future i will be doing a talk in my buddhist sangha about aliens in religions, And I was wondering if you guys could give me some examples of aliens in the different religions. I already have some stuff on hiduism and christanity. But I need some help on the other religions like buddhism and such?

Thanks

Hello Taomeo

I know that the Qura'n states tha Allah created many things (other life forms) which we don't know of. There is that race which is equal to the human race, also have free will and desires, called 'genie' or 'jin', it's known that they live in another dimension on Earth, though don't know whether to consider them as aliens.

This is ancient egyptian mythology, considered to be a religion at it's time. There happened to be aliens coming to ancient Egypt, they were believed to have taught the ancient Egyptian alchemy, magic, medicin and most of all their advanced architects (such as the pyramids). Thoth is considered to be the god of alchemy, geometry, and medicine, described the sights of the aliens as ' tall strange giants'.

I've heard that buddhist don't like to concern themselves with that knowledge of different life forms on other planets, as they don't affect their spiritual growth or state of mind.

Best of luck with your discussions

:)

Its possible that... in many cases of the bible God and Satan are annunaki, the Enlil and Enki respectively, which were part of different annunki factions that simply didn't agree with each other and had their own followers, so that one side viewed the other as the devil but the same thing was going on in the other side. Mainly Judeo-Christian and the other related traditions, and the Islamic and other related traditions. The Ram and Snake factions respectively. Lucifer and the Beast in revelations also being Marduk. Jesus might have also been human hybrid.

Some also would say that the one that passed down the true tantric tradition was also annunaki.

Nagas in hindu tradition was also alien.

Hermes also being Ningishzidda.

OH yes.. also in the bible, the fallen angels were either those annunaki that were sent to watch over the humans, or do some other operations, who impregnated some of the human females and "giants" came of those pregnancies, I think they were the "nephilim" but I'm not sure.

SO yea... also, the ancient sumerian religions had their gods in the form of those annunaki extra terrestrials, and they were the first "official" civilization to exist. they had their 'adam and eve', the creator god's being the annunaki. also in the epic of gilgamesh their's a mention of the Great Flood, which had occured due to the planet Nibiru which comes around every thousands of yrs or so and causes haywire on planet earth. This was also "heaven".

Annunaki are like giants, or taller human like aliens. Many giant beings and dieties in mythologies... go figure.

Edited by Non

Its possible that... in many cases of the bible God and Satan are annunaki, the Enlil and Enki respectively, which were part of different annunki factions that simply didn't agree with each other and had their own followers, so that one side viewed the other as the devil but the same thing was going on in the other side. Mainly Judeo-Christian and the other related traditions and Islamic or other related traditions, the Ram and Snake factions. Lucifer also being Marduk. Jesus might have been human hybrid.

Some also would say that the one that passed down the true tantric tradition was also annunaki.

Nagas in hindu tradition was also alien.

OH yes.. also in the bible, the fallen angels were either those annunaki that were sent to watch over the humans, or do some other operations. Who also impregnated some of the human females and "giants" came of those pregnancies.

If you go through some literature you will find that Satan or "Shaitan" means "adversary".

Some new "adversary" had been created for every age to keep people in fear and in distraction

...the "Emmanuel Goldstein tactic" in the book "1984".

Can anyone think of any religion that does not have anything that could resemble a ufo? I would only like old religions to be concidered like taoism and buddhism and jainism ect. I dont want new religions like caodaism only old ones.

Aliens possibly.

I am more inclined to think of these things in terms of a powerful, ancient lost civilization of mankind with greater technology, knowledge and awareness along lines of Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria or whatever name would be culturally relevant to the peoples in question.

I think the whole alien angle, while possible, diminishes mankinds amazing capacities and gives the achievements of the past over to extra-terrestrials.

I believe that many past and modern "alien" encounters are actually visionary, shamanic spiritual experiences that are considered extra-terrestrial because our culture doesn't have the vocabulary of spirit the way many peoples did. "Oh I know spirits aren't real so what I saw must have been aliens." Plus there is the possiblity that many other life forms aren't physical at all. Shamans of different cultures claim encounters with extra-terrestrial life-forms who are essentially spiritual beings themselves.

I feel that when folks read about the myths of the past as actual flesh and blood events (which some certainly were though highly colored over time) they fall into the same trap that makes many modern Christians look foolish or ignorant...that of literal interpretation of mytho-poetic/metaphorical or allegorical literature. Huge mistake. Look at the young-earthers or the 6-day creationists...seems nuts huh?

It is no more or less nuts than reading the visions of Ezekial, the Egyptian Book of the Dead, the stories of the Nephilim, etc. and seeking flesh and blood aliens instead of a mystical symbolic reality which these stories more than likely represent. Of course anything is possible, but I think that aliens are less likely than mythic/spiritual metaphor and symbol.

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Edited by Sundragon

Aliens possibly.

I am more inclined to think of these things in terms of a powerful, ancient lost civilization of mankind with greater technology, knowledge and awareness along lines of Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria or whatever name would be culturally relevant to the peoples in question.

I think the whole alien angle, while possible, diminishes mankinds amazing capacities and gives the achievements of the past over to extra-terrestrials.

I believe that many past and modern "alien" encounters are actually visionary, shamanic spiritual experiences that are considered extra-terrestrial because our culture doesn't have the vocabulary of spirit the way many peoples did. "Oh I know spirits aren't real so what I saw must have been aliens." Plus there is the possiblity that many other life forms aren't physical at all. Shamans of different cultures claim encounters with extra-terrestrial life-forms who are essentially spiritual beings themselves.

I feel that when folks read about the myths of the past as actual flesh and blood events (which some certainly were though highly colored over time) they fall into the same trap that makes many modern Christians look foolish or ignorant...that of literal interpretation of mytho-poetic/metaphorical or allegorical literature. Huge mistake. Look at the young-earthers or the 6-day creationists...seems nuts huh?

It is no more or less nuts than reading the visions of Ezekial, the Egyptian Book of the Dead, the stories of the Nephilim, etc. and seeking flesh and blood aliens instead of a mystical symbolic reality which these stories more than likely represent. Of course anything is possible, but I think that aliens are less likely than mythic/spiritual metaphor and symbol.

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Very good point. I read that many interpret the visions of Ezekial as a UFO encounter, maybe it is true, and if you read it in english it seems very true. But if you understand the words in their original form you'll see kabbalistic symbols, like the "wheel within wheel", that talks about different dimensions on the tree of life.

My thoughts are that there's unknown life here on earth, be it in the physical and non physical, and also life outside of earth. Everything is alive, both within and without.

Sign in to follow this