Sign in to follow this  
glooper23

Can someone explain this feeling?

More frequently in the past, I experienced a feeling while laying down. I would be in a meditative, dream-like state where I would imagine all sorts of scenes in my head. There was one feeling I would get when a large geometric object was coming at me or when I was seemingly going down a roller coaster.

It was a feeling of my entire body feeling almost a sense of weightless, a pressure akin to free falling. It's hard to explain. Perhaps it's more of a pleasurable pressure placed on my body. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this? Would this be considered feeling your chi?

This is similar to sleep paralysis -- when you wake up from a dream where you were falling -- or if you wake up in the REM state and can't move but still are in the dream state. It's more common when falling asleep and suddenly the body jumps because the nerves or electromagnetic energy is relaxing. It is activated by the chi and also by the shen (the holographic laser energy) -- it's a minor form of astral travel since we do astral travel in the dream state.

More frequently in the past, I experienced a feeling while laying down. I would be in a meditative, dream-like state where I would imagine all sorts of scenes in my head. There was one feeling I would get when a large geometric object was coming at me or when I was seemingly going down a roller coaster.

It was a feeling of my entire body feeling almost a sense of weightless, a pressure akin to free falling. It's hard to explain. Perhaps it's more of a pleasurable pressure placed on my body. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this? Would this be considered feeling your chi?

This is similar to sleep paralysis -- when you wake up from a dream where you were falling -- or if you wake up in the REM state and can't move but still are in the dream state. It's more common when falling asleep and suddenly the body jumps because the nerves or electromagnetic energy is relaxing. It is activated by the chi and also by the shen (the holographic laser energy) -- it's a minor form of astral travel since we do astral travel in the dream state.

Interesting. Thanks.

sounds like a somatosensory birth memory to me

sounds like a somatosensory birth memory to me

No, sounds like the beginning stages of every OBE I've had.

All I can say I've had in common is the feeling

First it started when sitting/laying down, now it happens even when I stand (Can even be a bit startling).

It started when I first started meditation. Bottomless pit falling feeling, then feeling almost as if your stretching.

I heard it had to do with OBE'S aswell but its happened alot during normal situations so im not sure.

It's a good point but according to this recent research on the subject -- there's a difference between a meditation induced OBE versus a lucid dreaming OBE --

http://www.abichal.com/2008/11/310/

A conscious OBE proceeds with a feeling of intense vibration throughout the physical/energy body as the two separate. A falling sensation is more likely the inner body realigning with the physical body again, perhaps due to a slight dis-allignment due to the meditative state.

It's a good point but according to this recent research on the subject -- there's a difference between a meditation induced OBE versus a lucid dreaming OBE --

http://www.abichal.com/2008/11/310/

Yes, that's the problem... lucid dreaming, and is lucid dreaming an OBE, anytime a lucid dream started, as in I became conscious in a dream it then returned me to my body and tripped the vibration/separation state creating the full experience. But my focus was to create that state and not stay within a lucid dream state. Consciousness is divisible, and the level of consciousness within a lucid dream is far less stark than an OBE, although a level is still there. I wouldn't call lucid dreaming an OBE, it can help lead to it, but it still retains a dreamlike quality that an actual OBE doesn't.

Meditation can bypass the need for an OBE, somewhat similar to either going to Africa or simply watching it on TV. Once a person has through a practiced state of meditation reached that level they don't need to leave their body, it's all there and can be viewed. More similar to remote viewing, the practice of one can often lead to the other.

A conscious OBE proceeds with a feeling of intense vibration throughout the physical/energy body as the two separate. A falling sensation is more likely the inner body realigning with the physical body again, perhaps due to a slight dis-allignment due to the meditative state.

You really are a taobum! :lol:

Thanx =D

Sign in to follow this