Sign in to follow this  
Sundragon

Strange Energy Peaking at the Full Moon

Hi,

I am an utter beginner at Qigong though not to esoteric practice in general. One of the things I like about the Eastern systems of energy work is that they are self-consistant and have the language to describe both energy work and its effects.

This leads me to my troubling situation.

I have been feeling rising and diminishing tides of energy for weeks. At first I attributed this to anxiety which used to be an issue for me. Through meditation I no longer suffer from persistant anxiety and for that I am thankful. However within the last few months I have been noticing surges of nervous energy that (this may sound strange) rises with the waxing moon, peaks during the full moon and dimishes quickly as the moon wanes. There is a certain power to the energy and I find that strong spiritual insights frequently arise during the rising stage but the ungrounded energy sometimes causes extreme nervous discomfort that can lead to insomnia, anger and emotional lows (due to frustration on my part).

The more inner work I do ie. meditation, ritual, energy work, etc. the more noticable these nervous symptoms become. When I do no inner work whatsoever the sensations dissipate until they are gone entirely and do not return. However lately whenever I do inner work this cycle begins.

Does anyone know what type of energy imbalance, movement, purification, transformation, or whatever this may be? Kundalini perhaps? None of my esoteric work has prepared me for this. I am now doing Spring Forest Qigong in the hope that my energy issues would balance themselves out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Edited by Sundragon

Thanks for reminding me about the Full Moon coming up. Chunyi Lin says that meditation is TEN TIMES STRONGER DURING THE FULL MOON. So what you are experiencing is completely normal. In fact 3 days before the full moon I have this really strong blissful magnetic force in the middle of my brain -- and the trance state kicks in. Other people do react with more nervousness around the Full Moon -- only they do not know why -- this is because the moon energy is the psychic energy. People have their pineal gland entrained with the moon cycle -- but this is normally subconscious since modern humans do not consider themselves PART of Nature, like any other animal.

If you listen to Chunyi Lin's Moon Meditation he works through the central chakras but he focuses much longer on the throat chakra as that is the psychic energy chakra.

Buddhist monasteries hold all night meditation sessions during the Full Moon and Gabriel Cousins, trained by Muktananda, recommends males go on a "dry fast" during the Full Moon. This is because the Moon energy is the life-force or electrochemical energy.

So you have extra electrochemical life-force energy from the Moon. Chunyi Lin says the energy is strongest 3 days before and after the Full Moon.

If you have too much brain energy you can just focus on your HEART which is the SUN energy.

The Sun and the Moon energy balance each other. This is the Level 3 meditation training for http://springforestqigong.com

By collecting both the Sun and Moon energy then the third eye opens up.

So what you are experiencing is the beginning of the third eye opening up and again to balance your moon energy just bring it to your heart.

The heart energy will naturally be shared with others around you as well -- and so if you have extra energy it then gets balanced through the male (Solar) and female (Lunar) dynamics.

In fact Gurdjieff teaches that the role of the dominant life on Earth is to FEED THE MOON and if humans do not feed the Moon (with Solar energy) then the Moon will destroy life on Earth (since Earth is not doing its job to help the Moon grow spiritually).

In science the Moon-Sun-Earth dynamics can not be predicted with precision -- it's impossible to KNOW their behavior because they are "chaotic." There are still random atomic numbers thrown into the calendar to try to compensate for this chaotic behavior.

So we are dependent on the Moon Energy as much as the Sun energy and we have to help the Moon as much as the Sun helps Earth -- it's a constant feedback.

Hi,

I am an utter beginner at Qigong though not to esoteric practice in general. One of the things I like about the Eastern systems of energy work is that they are self-consistant and have the language to describe both energy work and its effects.

I have been feeling rising and diminishing tides of energy for weeks. At first I attributed this to anxiety which used to be an issue for me. Through meditation I no longer suffer from persistant anxiety and for that I am thankful. However within the last few months I have been noticing surges of nervous energy that (this may sound strange) rises with the waxing moon, peaks during the full moon and dimishes quickly as the moon wanes. There is a certain power to the energy and I find that strong spiritual insights frequently arise during the rising stage but the ungrounded energy sometimes causes extreme nervous discomfort that can lead to insomnia, anger and emotional lows (due to frustration on my part).

The more inner work I do ie. meditation, ritual, energy work, etc. the more noticable these nervous symptoms become. When I do no inner work whatsoever the sensations dissipate until they are gone entirely and do not return. However lately whenever I do inner work this cycle begins.

Does anyone know what type of energy imbalance, movement, purification, transformation, or whatever this may be? Kundalini perhaps? None of my esoteric work has prepared me for this. I am now doing Spring Forest Qigong in the hope that my energy issues would balance themselves out.

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Hi,

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Hi Sundragon

I'm kind of surprised no one has answered this for you already, it seems to have been on the board for quite some hours. I guess it may have been answered a few times before, can't quite remember myself.

What you're experiencing is quite normal, you are developing energy and your sensitivity to it is increasing. The moon has a physical and energetic effect on all physical life/nature.

The physical stuff information you can probably find yourself or already know. The moon acts as a kind of funnel for inner energies to flow down/into the earth plane, so during the waxing and close to full moon stage it is quite usual to experience a higher amount of sensitivity or psychic disturbance.

If it's making you feel a bit wobbly and agitated I would simply suggest doing some form of earthing exercise whatever that may be in your qigong. That should help.

Nice Lion avatar by the way

edit:ahaa, Drew got there first.

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

Hi,

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Good stuff. This is all normal. The purpose of internal cultivation work is to make one a more natural human being in tune with the Tao or All That Is...that includes nature. You are fine tuning your nervous system. Knowing this is normal should calm you down so the adrenaline release slows down. If the excitement is too much you can do 20 minutes of fast walking and it will burn of the adrenaline so you can sleep. But don't do it right before you sleep. Maybe a couple of hours before.

Another is too open up the energy centers in your feet with your intention. Then let the nervous energy flow down your body into the earth and root yourself into the earth. See roots from your feet growing into the ground and into the center of the earth. Visualize the roots pulling of the energy of the earth into your body and filling your body.

Do not fight...go with the flow. Become the witness to what is happening with you not get lost in it.

Nice work. This is evidence of progress.

Good stuff. This is all normal. The purpose of internal cultivation work is to make one a more natural human being in tune with the Tao or All That Is...that includes nature. You are fine tuning your nervous system. Knowing this is normal should calm you down so the adrenaline release slows down. If the excitement is too much you can do 20 minutes of fast walking and it will burn of the adrenaline so you can sleep. But don't do it right before you sleep. Maybe a couple of hours before.

Another is too open up the energy centers in your feet with your intention. Then let the nervous energy flow down your body into the earth and root yourself into the earth. See roots from your feet growing into the ground and into the center of the earth. Visualize the roots pulling of the energy of the earth into your body and filling your body.

Do not fight...go with the flow. Become the witness to what is happening with you not get lost in it.

Nice work. This is evidence of progress.

Thanks for the responses Shaktimama, Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that, and Drew. I had a strong intuition based on my experience and reading that I was dealing with energetic flows. The symbolism of the moon and the waxing and waning of psychic energy is just too strong to be a coincidence (not that I am much of a believer in coincidence).

At first, when this all began months ago, I was looking at things from a psychological perspective which led me absolutely nowhere. I taught stress management and anxiety reduction strategies for years and am very good at self hypnosis but no matter what technique I applied nothing worked. I figured that something more was going on here and that ultimately to try to "technique away" the phenomenon was barking up the wrong tree. I intuitively knew that continue trying to get rid of these feelings would be to limit a necessary process of growth.

My intuition told me that I was dealing with an energetic disturbance and that is why I re-started working with Qigong. Because of my training in hypnosis and the fact that western esoterisicm just doesn't have the language for this kind of experience I have been too busy psychologizing things lately. From this point on I will look at things in a more balanced manner ie. energetically and psychologically.

Thanks for the insights.

Nice Lion avatar by the way

That's Aslan from the Narnia books. I am not a Christian (though Christ as metaphor for Christ Consciousness ie. enlightenment and as an ideal for bhakti yoga type practice is compelling) but the archetypal sacrifice of Aslan (as a Christ figure) always made me weep as a little child. I loved that lion and still do. :)

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Edited by Sundragon

The Chinese calendar is at the heart of Taoist studies.

Here is a place that you can download a small program that will begin to open the door for lunar studies -

http://www.lunarcal.org/Screen.html

And here is a description of a book that will open all the doors :

Huangdi Neijing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huangdi_Neijing

In my practice I have already noted the power of the moon in regards to magick in the Western Tradition. I'm not surprised that Taoism has an astrological aspect as well as all peoples felt the influence of the heavenly bodies and seem to have worked this knowledge into their esoteric practices.

Thanks for the links. I'll look more deeply into this.

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Edited by Sundragon

Hi Sundragon,

I'm sharing quite the same situation, I practice spring forest qigong (level 1 & 2) and I'm more sensitive to external events like full moon. I feel a lot of pulsing at third eye too, especially when there is full moon.

Drew's advice makes sense - concentrating more on the heart should balance the extra moon energy, I'll try out these days.

During the last days my third eye pulsed a lot, but I still sleeping good and I feel quite balanced.

Maybe some moon meditation of spring forest is a good thing to do during our sitted meditation :)

@~jK~: thanks for the links, but I'm not using a windows computer, so I cannot install that software.

In my practice I have already noted the power of the moon in regards to magick in the Western Tradition. I'm not surprised that Taoism has an astrological aspect as well as all peoples felt the influence of the heavenly bodies and seem to have worked this knowledge into their esoteric practices.

Thanks for the links. I'll look more deeply into this.

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Just go out and stand under a full moon. Visualize your self as a conduit between the moon and earth and watch the moonlight flow between you and the earth.

Then you can prove this for yourself if you have any ability to feel energy at all.

You can absorb and eat the "moon cream". I find it very powerful.

Edited by ShaktiMama

Just go out and stand under a full moon. Visualize your self as a conduit between the moon and earth and watch the moonlight flow between you and the earth.

Then you can prove this for yourself if you have any ability to feel energy at all.

You can absorb and eat the "moon cream". I find it very powerful.

I'll be trying this as soon as I can. Thanks.

Love and Peace,

Sundragon

Thanks for reminding me about the Full Moon coming up. Chunyi Lin says that meditation is TEN TIMES STRONGER DURING THE FULL MOON. So what you are experiencing is completely normal. In fact 3 days before the full moon

So drew, does the closeness of the moon to apogee or perigee have an impact on this? :)

http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/pacalc.html

Some Taoists avoid meat, eggs, and alcohol during the lunar 1st and 15th for a smoother ride.

Well Chunyi Lin made several astrology comments in class stating such and such planetary alignment would have such and such effect. He also said that during a lunar eclipse the energy is dangerous and once he saw lots of lost souls active from a lunar eclipse. But Chunyi Lin said that while he does I Ching readings for his astrology information do use the I Ching you have to really have the third eye fully open or else it doesn't work.

So drew, does the closeness of the moon to apogee or perigee have an impact on this? :)

http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/pacalc.html

Drew,

In researching swara yoga, I read that 3 days before a full/new moon, one nostril becomes predominant (in healthy people). Then on the night of the full/new moon, since that energy has reached its peak, the nostril changes over. Something to look into... :)

O.K. the Full Moon madness has kicked in -- starting last night. Anyone got some report backs?

Drew,

In researching swara yoga, I read that 3 days before a full/new moon, one nostril becomes predominant (in healthy people). Then on the night of the full/new moon, since that energy has reached its peak, the nostril changes over. Something to look into... :)

Train your kung fu at this time, apply your "inner" work to an "external" routine.

I don't care if it's arranging flowers, practice something that forces you to apply your energy sensations to an objective task, noticing the sensations is worthless outside of observational ques and signposts, noting the sesnations as a que to begin a different phase of practice will serve you endlessly.

Sign in to follow this