Pietro

decongesting the prostate

After the wiki page on Ron, I would like to write a wiki page on what to do about prostate congestion. This should include info on why it congests. Anybody knows the detail without making me go through 10000 pages of Dr.Lin?

Speaking about what to do about it, I listed some techniques:

1) power lock (suggested by Ron) as a way to decongest

2) ejaculating (suggested by common doctors, and meditators before you are ready to deal with the extra sexual energy), both during love making and masturbation.

3) massage: Aneros (suggested by Plato first, than many others here)

4) massage: hand massage

What am I missing? Can breathing be used to decongest the prostate? I noticed that if I dissolve the area I feel less sexually driven; yet I don't seem to be able to dissolve forever.

Squatting?

Anything else?

I have then a vague memory of someone (Harry Pain?) saying that those techniques were actually taking away spiritual energy, and it should instead be cristalized. And on this note (since I am now dumping all I know on the topic), we should refer to the cristals that high level meditators generate in their body (what is the cristals technical name?). Yet, nuns, are known (ref. Chia book on healing love) for having a higher then average cancer at the ovaries. Is the equivalent true for monks also?

I think I read that men with an active sexual life have lower prostatic problems than singles. Thus "something" has to be done to avoid this.

Any help, here or in the wiki, in gathering the material, discussing or actually editing the article will be appreciated.

Pietro

What am I missing?

Massaging other places that connect to the prostate.

By pulsing massage of the testicles, massaging the ducts (important to include epididymis), massage of the sperm palace, and whatever way you massage the prostate (pc muscle exercise and/or other).. all those are connected by tubing and massage of all of them gets circulation between & amongst them going. Healthy. The pulsing-massage of the testicles has been, for me, really key in getting the circulation to a new level, and should probably be done last of the massages.

HLTurtle.jpg

--- added later ---

Two things to add to the massage list: the gland at the tip of the penis, and the sacrum. When my sacrum activated, significant jing stagnation resolved, because the stagnation now had somewhere to go. All the major glands in the lower tan tien, the tension in the musculature all in there, and the bones (sacrum, spine) are all connected. They are all stations in a flow of blood, jing, vitality. Any massage program needs to address all of the major points in the "lower U", the curve starting from above the public bone (really just below the belly button), down through the perineum (and all parts along the way), and up the sacrum and vertebral bodies.

Edited by Trunk

By pulsing massage of the testicles, massaging the ducts (important to include epididymis), massage of the sperm palace, and whatever way you massage the prostate (pc muscle exercise and/or other).. all those are connected by tubing and massage of all of them gets circulation between & amongst them going. Healthy. The pulsing-massage of the testicles has been, for me, really key in getting the circulation to a new level, and should probably be done last of the massages.

HLTurtle.jpg

Hey Trunk, using the diagram above, where does one press for the million dollar point..(i know this was discussed before) and where do you think the hui yin point is? Seems like you have to press alot closer to the scrotum than I thought (plus I never did get it right anyway). I did press pretty close to my scrotum and had a dry orgasm once, but I wasn't sure it was the correct technique as I've been able to have dry ones with a kegel. If I press closer to the anus, I can go it deep but how hard do you have to press to stop the fluids from coming out, I felt I was pressing pretty damn hard.

Thanks,

T

where does one press for the million dollar point..

Don't know, never use it. Dangerous, imo, and per HT instructors.

hui yin, I've been going by feel (haven't looked it up in a TCM book). Under the prostate (that is, nearer the skin).

I'd also mention Dr. Lin's anal breathing. You can Trunkify it if you squeeze the anus on the end of the exhale. I prefer to send the energy straight to the third eye w/o going around the top of the head.

I've heard reliable sources say different things about the safety of the three finger technique. You be the judge. Advancedyogapractices.com in the tantric section has a good writeup of it.

http://www.aypsite.com/T5.html

HLTurtle.jpg

--- added later ---

Two things to add to the massage list: the gland at the tip of the penis, and the sacrum. When my sacrum activated, significant jing stagnation resolved, because the stagnation now had somewhere to go. All the major glands in the lower tan tien, the tension in the musculature all in there, and the bones (sacrum, spine) are all connected. They are all stations in a flow of blood, jing, vitality. Any massage program needs to address all of the major points in the "lower U", the curve starting from above the public bone (really just below the belly button), down through the perineum (and all parts along the way), and up the sacrum and vertebral bodies.

Thanks. I don't think I could massage the tip of my penis without warming up the energy instantly :), but should be added nevertheless.

BTW, nice image. Can I use it?

Pietro

BTW, nice image. Can I use it?

I got it from the web, and am using it in my site. If its copyrighted, no one has notified me nor come after about it. So, its your call.

Edited by Trunk

Interesting that this is coming up so soon after Yoda (I think) posted a link by Barry Long 'What it is to Die'. Its a 5 page article by Barry of his ..not battle w/ advanced prostate cancer, but his using it as a vista for new enlightened sensitivities. Its worth reading and printing out.

I think the link is www.barrylong.org/statements/what-it-is-to-die.shtml

Michael

Damn these prostates, can't live with'em, can't live with out'em.

Edited by thelerner

Don't know, never use it. Dangerous, imo, and per HT instructors.

hui yin, I've been going by feel (haven't looked it up in a TCM book). Under the prostate (that is, nearer the skin).

I was thinking about what you said, why do the HT instructors say it's dangerous if it's in the book. Do they think you can damage the tissue or is it something else?

I was thinking about what you said, why do the HT instructors say it's dangerous if it's in the book. Do they think you can damage the tissue or is it something else?

I don't know what HT instructors say, but in my case it lead to bleading from the urethra... very likely due to too much pressure, inflamed prostate & scar tissue...

.. why do the HT instructors say it's dangerous if it's in the book.

Uh, that statement implies the assumption somewhere around the area of "if its in the book its safe and tested and like they say it is". Its an untrue assumption, just thought I'd mention it. The quicker you adopt healthy suspicion in this area the better.

Do they think you can damage the tissue or is it something else?
I can't speak for them; don't know exactly what they think as to theory, only that "people get hurt". Probably something to do with lots of force, and maybe stuff going to the wrong place, maybe somethings breaking a little (like sunshine's post).

Ken Cohen says the finger lock leads to jing stagnation.

Michael Winn says it's bad.

Eric Yudelove was a big fan of the practice.

End of discussion IMO.

I want to add something:

from all the discussions I have read there are two points of view why to use that technique:

-some seem to say that pressing that point helps to "lenghten/stretch" the way before reaching the point of no return.

-others regard it as a safety valve to safe you from loss as soon as one has reached the point of no-return.

I personally found that point being pressed before reaching the point of no-return much more stimulating... but there have been cases where I personally found it to work to stretch the time...

pressing it as soon as the sperm shoots out of the vesicles you build pressure up from twosides meeting. I believe that the necessary pressure huts the tissue

Ken Cohen says the finger lock leads to jing stagnation.

Michael Winn says it's bad.

End of discussion IMO.

Any thoughts on what is jing stagnation? In what context did Ken say this? Another reason why I'm asking is that we often throw terms around, and I'm guilty of that too, without thinking about what it means. Jing Stagnation is along those lines.

Uh, that statement implies the assumption somewhere around the area of "if its in the book its safe and tested and like they say it is". Its an untrue assumption, just thought I'd mention it. The quicker you adopt healthy suspicion in this area the better.

I can't speak for them; don't know exactly what they think as to theory, only that "people get hurt". Probably something to do with lots of force, and maybe stuff going to the wrong place, maybe somethings breaking a little (like sunshine's post).

My friend went to the doctor because of blood in his urine from too agressive pressing. Interestingly enough, his doctor knew about the practice and knew exactly what he was talking about. I've since lost touch with him, so I don't know how he's doing (that was over 10 years ago).

T

Any thoughts on what is jing stagnation? In what context did Ken say this? Another reason why I'm asking is that we often throw terms around, and I'm guilty of that too, without thinking about what it means. Jing Stagnation is along those lines.

My friend went to the doctor because of blood in his urine from too agressive pressing. Interestingly enough, his doctor knew about the practice and knew exactly what he was talking about. I've since lost touch with him, so I don't know how he's doing (that was over 10 years ago).

T

Taken from: "Practical Dictionary of Chinese Medicine" [Wiseman & Feng]

"jing: essence: That which is responsible for growth, development, and reproduction, and determines the strength of the constitution, and is manifest physically in the male in the form of sperm. Essence is composed of earlier heaven essence (congenital essence), which is inherited from the parents and constantly supplemented by later heaven essence (aquired essence)m produced from food by the stomach and spleen. Later heaven essence is considered to be the same as, or a derivative of, the essence of grain and water from which qi, blood, and fluids are also produced.

Essence is often referred to as eseential qi, and because it is stored by the kidney, it is also called kidney essential qi.

There is no distincition in Chinese between essence and semen - both are called jing."

so: jing stagnation = semen stagnation

regarding the damage by pressing: this happens easier if one presses more towards the scrotum. Simple anatomy in that instance...

When i was younger I discovered the finger-lock method from a book, and being a horny teenager decided to give it a try. The way I used it is when you're about to ejaculate you press on the point and lightly squeeze the tube shut, so that the sperm 'injaculates' back into your body. Through trial and error I discovered that pressing nearer to the testicles tends to shoot the sperm into the bladder, but when you move closer towards the anus, there is a little 'dip' if you press there, most of the sperm seems to go back where it came from (i.e. much less comes out when I pee). After using this technique for a few years I discovered that you need only use a very minimal amount of pressure, because once your body knows what your intention is, the sperm injaculates far easier.

wow, almost exactly like my history of this! I discovered it quite early in some book or magazine (not even Chia), played around with it and soon found out how I could masturbate, have an orgasm and "injaculate" how you call it.

Later when I read Chia and came across the chinese ideas of preserving jing for the first time this became sort of an addiction.

(I thought I was very witty and knew how to do it).

Looking back i would say this was not doing me good at all...

I think the energy preservation was not really there, the qi just shot out and away or

jammed in my liver, heart or brain. Sometime when it moved up, vertebras would shift,

most of the time it left me very ungrounded, I would lose my temper quickly, and although

I cannot perceive it directly I'm quite sure some astral beings happily feasted on my qi

as well!

I always pushed the energy up and out...As I said I did not really practice this as a technique,

bit more like an addiction.

(so I don't blame it on Chia or anybody)

I don't know about the medical state of my prostrate, but I suppose doctors will probably

be irritated seeing mine... :unsure:

(I don't do it any more.)

affenbrot

I don't remember Eric being a fan of this practice. Nor do I remember it even being cited in his 100 days book. Do you remember more details to support your claim?

And regarding HT instructors. If a 'would be instructor' at the exam claims that the finger method is safe, he fails the exam. Point. Even if for the rest he is perfect. Saw this happening.

I totally agree with Keith that you should keep suspicion high and not accept something just because it is written in a book.