Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Are headaches after meditation normal?

I'd say no as well. In general check your posture, particularly neck and shoulders, also eyes, and if you're concentrating too strongly.

No. If you are getting headaches, something is wrong. Do you have a teacher or are you trying to learn by yourself? Studying in person with a teacher always helps. They can see if you are doing something wrong.

Possible causes IME.

1) incorrect posture while meditating

2) Focusing on upper chakras without proper training or improper technique.

3) Forcing the energy.

4) Improper or dangerous technique

5) Not doing a thorough close down. Closing down after energy work is very important...

here is a good video of a very good close down routine...

Edited by fiveelementtao

See above.

:)

Is it always right after meditation? Are you prone to headaches in general?

If you're not prone to headaches in general and if you only get a headache right after meditation or in the middle of meditation, that's not normal.

So the short answer is that it's not normal.

Ever since my brow chakra started opening up and pulsing (on its own, BTW) I've experienced some lingering pressure in my forehead. Robert Bruce has mentioned this and writes that it is normal and not to be feared, as it does dissipate. However, you've got to perform the techniques to bring the chi down out of the cranium or else it will stagnate and it will be bothersome. Daniel Reid's technique is very effective for this and it is simple; four easy to learn techniques for energy descent.

I have had many issues with energy headaches. For me, a little pressure is ok, but headache pain is not. Essentially energy headaches are caused when there is too much energy work being done on the head during practice or there is too much energy left in the head. For the first cause, keep reducing the time of the practice that is causing you problems until you find a short enough time that does not cause headaches. You may also find that practice is not the one for you at all right now. For the second find a good closing routine. Michael Lomax describes an excellent one in his book

http://www.amazon.com/Light-Warriors-Guide...g/dp/0967474256

I have been using it for the past 6 months and the only time I get energy headaches is when I don't do it.

At this time not to practice, to stop down.Cranial pressure rise, or high blood pressure is dangerous.

Your QI has come off-limits, was imprisoned in... It was too late to"bring your QI down to QIHAI".

Edited by LINGGUZI

At this time not to practice, to stop down.Cranial pressure rise, or high blood pressure is dangerous.

Your QI has come off-limits, was imprisoned in... It was too late to"bring your QI down to QIHAI".

I agree with LINGGUZ.

Although I also would watch the diet and take 1/2 asprin daily. I have the headaches when I eat more than 3 eggs aweek.

For LINGGUZ: Asprin is a western medicine taken from the tree bark of the willow tree of China.

willow.jpg

Edited by ~jK~

I agree with LINGGUZ.

Although I also would watch the diet and take 1/2 asprin daily. I have the headaches when I eat more than 3 eggs aweek.

For LINGGUZ: Asprin is a western medicine taken from the tree bark of the willow tree of China.

You have high blood lipids? You can take a small amount of rhubarb.

Sign in to follow this