Sign in to follow this  
soaring crane

13,000 year old tree

I saw a documentary recently that spoke of that tree.

It is amazing that some life forms have such a great life span.

Peace & Love!

:(

You know when I read the thread title I was hoping to see a huuuuugggeeee tree scraping the heavens, like a redwood but instead saw a shrub......

Then upon reading the article I realized my stupidity(yes, it took me that long). Now this is a tree that has taken note of Daoist principles:

'It has stood on its windswept hillside in southern California for at least 13,000 years, making it the oldest known living organism'

The tree that bends(flexible)is the one that doesn't break in the storm, whereas the rigid tree snaps.

'it has repeatedly renewed itself to ensure its survival through successive periods of drought, frost, storms and high winds'

'the Jurupa Oak scrapes by in dry chaparral, wedged between granite boulders and stunted by high winds, atop a small hill in plain sight of suburban backyards'

The tall and strong tree is one of the first to get cut down by the wood cutter, but the ugly and gnarled tree gets left alone

Maintain the lowest position(ie. close to the earth)

Now that tree is definitely a living master, immortality? :)

You know when I read the thread title I was hoping to see a huuuuugggeeee tree scraping the heavens, like a redwood but instead saw a shrub......

I expected the same the same thing when I saw the title. And I really like your take on it! You're absolutely right :D

Trees are a great teacher of qi gong; trees live strongly in standing meditation, for quite a long time as well.

Beautiful correlation between the tree and Lao Tzu's thoughts!!!

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this