Sign in to follow this  
emptyvessel

Hello Again

Howdy folks. While I was never a prolific poster or participator, I figure I should reintroduce myself anyway. It has been quite some time since I last logged in. In browsing the latest topics, I remembered why I quit hanging around here. This time, with a new perspective, I hope I can look past all the drivel and name-calling and focus on the useful stuff; there is a lot of it here.

My name is Kyle. I am 28 and I'm from small-town NE Texas. I am involved in both Taoist and Zen practice. I'm a hypnotist. I play the shakuhachi, a Japanese bamboo flute, and with it practice suizen, or blowing Zen. I also enjoy the occasional entheogen induced spirit journey. I dabble in the magickal. I pursue stillness of mind and movement of energy. I have a long way to go. I have an open mind tempered with healthy measures of skepticism and pragmatism. I am aware that a belief system can be a tool and have used it as such in the past

I am looking forward to participating in this community of like-minded folks. I enjoy discussions and debates, even heated debates, but I refuse to feed trolls or participate in flame wars.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted. Hail Eris, praise Bob. ;)

Well, I wasn't here the first time you did your intro so I will say:

Welcome!

May you enjoy your time here.

(And post this time, darn it!) :)

Peace & Love!

Well, I wasn't here the first time you did your intro so I will say:

Welcome!

May you enjoy your time here.

(And post this time, darn it!) :)

Peace & Love!

Thanks for the welcome.

~K

I love the shakuhachi! It is pretty impressive that you play it. Thanks for reintroducing yourself, and I look forward to your contributions.

I love the shakuhachi! It is pretty impressive that you play it. Thanks for reintroducing yourself, and I look forward to your contributions.

Thank you. My playing might not be as impressive as the idea of my playing though. :) I'm studying Kinko-ryu, Jin Nyodo lineage. Stan Richardson is my teacher; you might have heard some of his stuff. His teacher, Kurahashi-sensei, comes in from Japan for an intensive every year. I'll be taking lessons with Kurahashi in early February.

Thanks for the welcome.

Sign in to follow this