hagar

The pivotal point of sitting

I'm too lazy to write two points, so I tried to make a title that in a cheesy way points to two actual issues that I'm facing in my practice these days (away from not practicing enough).

1. I'm going through a phase of knee and hip pain that is increasing with intensity. As start my sitting, I find it hard to sit with ease in just a regular cross-legged position without the following symptoms: pain in the centre lower area of right knee, and pain hip joints. Funny thing is, as I sit, the pain ease off, but as i get up, its as if I'm relocating it, and experience stiffness, numbness etc. I have usually no problems sitting a sort of half-lotus, yet I feel it's as if I've pushed over some threshold.

Theories or thoughts?

2. As I sit, I usually find myself pretty much aligned, and well centred. As I really am working on the nitty gritty of posture, and the energetic effects of it, I've stumbled on the fact that for years I've been sitting slightly bent in my lower back. We're talking in degrees here.

As I found this to be true this morning as well, I physically tried to correct the posture in a way that felt alignment-wise good and in place. What happened wase eerie. As I felt the connection btw the bahui, hui yin and ming men, all hell broke loose.

A wave of damp sweat flushed over me, and the entire left side of my body was covered with this damp, or moistness. My left hand was covered with sweat in seconds. After about 30 sec. I stopped because it got to be too much.

What's up with that?

3. Are there a way to buy xmas presents to girlfriends that are not expensive, and still fills the gap?

(the 3rd question is by far the most important)

h

As I felt the connection btw the bahui, hui yin and ming men, all hell broke loose.

Then that was probbly the correct position... When these points are aligned I reach an internal stillness that can make me sit for something that feels like forver... but after a little while in "forever" the pain gets me... Anyways, it still is an internal stillness and free-flowing energy and breath that makes it "feel like forever" :rolleyes:

Then that was probbly the correct position... When these points are aligned I reach an internal stillness that can make me sit for something that feels like forver... but after a little while in "forever" the pain gets me... Anyways, it still is an internal stillness and free-flowing energy and breath that makes it "feel like forever" :rolleyes:

Yup. agreed.

Aspects of the unconscious or not-yet-resolved physical tension that resides around the pelvis and spinal area is really intruiging. And as you say, what happens when suddenly you reach the eye of the storm is just like this clear stillness.

But I just wondered what the immediate, almost pulsing dampness that occured at my left side was about.

Maybe something about unresolved Jing transformation. But I'm guessing.

God Jul btw

h

Of course. They just have the be thoughtful and relevant. This is truly the hard part, because women, like the Tao, are mysterious.

3. Are there a way to buy xmas presents to girlfriends that are not expensive, and still fills the gap?

(the 3rd question is by far the most important)

h

your experiences sound exactly like mine..and that is perhaps not a good sign :(

I've been messin with the idea that its karmic

but I do like the breaking out of dampness and sweat.

maybe excess dampness..and what happens to this m(o)ist?

as for the gift..why don't you get a beautiful colored jar and fill it with little

pieces of paper with your handwriting on..containing 26 ideas about

what you are gong to do to ahem with her this coming year?....

Edited by rain

Of course. They just have the be thoughtful and relevant. This is truly the hard part, because women, like the Tao, are mysterious.

I think you found the problem. The thoughtful part is somewhat easier than relevant. Been practicing years and years, still no forknowledge as to the issue of relevance.

Mysterious indeed.

h

The rest of this post is written by my son of 3( he insisted)

B):o:rolleyes::ph34r::wub:

h

love it - tell him a big dumb bird thinks he's a god artist :D

Also, be sure and work on some basic upper leg/quad strength to support your knees. Do you only sit, Hagar? No moving forms?

A wave of damp sweat flushed over me, and the entire left side of my body was covered with this damp, or moistness.

:unsure: It may be linked to the spleen/pancreas and the sugar you eat ???

To me, the alignment must be that the meditation takes first place.

When I meditate for over an hour, I search for a park bench and just sit normal.

For some odd reason going for a bus ride works for me as the seats are good for sitting.

If you are beginning to have problems associated with aging consider this: http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/arthritis/a/Glucosamine.htm

*Note: much of the info on the page is in the clickables.

When animals in the wild get joint pain they search for a plant full of enzymes:

http://www.rawfoods.com/articles/

Enzymes - the difference between raw and cooked foods.

Enzymes and Longevity - Enzyme researcher Dr. Howell explains how important enzymes actually are.

Edited by ~jK~

love it - tell him a big dumb bird thinks he's a god artist :D

Also, be sure and work on some basic upper leg/quad strength to support your knees. Do you only sit, Hagar? No moving forms?

Thanks; I'll tell him. ;)

He puts things in their place much more than me too...

A for squats; yep, I think you're right. I have been slacking off on my standing practice the last 6 months, and only warm up.

May have to make a resolution.

h

:unsure: It may be linked to the spleen/pancreas and the sugar you eat ???

Ahem...! well, I have been quitting the chew tobacco that has been somewhat of a vice, and as a consequence, I eat more sugar. That may actually have something to it. I ate a sugarroll on my way to work, and I felt like Elvis just before he died.

Things are starting to unravel here...

h

To me, the alignment must be that the meditation takes first place.

When I meditate for over an hour, I search for a park bench and just sit normal.

For some odd reason going for a bus ride works for me as the seats are good for sitting.

If you are beginning to have problems associated with aging consider this: http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/arthritis/a/Glucosamine.htm

*Note: much of the info on the page is in the clickables.

When animals in the wild get joint pain they search for a plant full of enzymes:

http://www.rawfoods.com/articles/

Enzymes - the difference between raw and cooked foods.

Enzymes and Longevity - Enzyme researcher Dr. Howell explains how important enzymes actually are.

I am struggling with old injuries and stiffness from two decades of reckless skiing, so that has slowed my progress in sitting abit. But sitting just regularly on chairs or benches is something that I previously have considered very "unspritual". Good advice, and thank you for the links

I'm probably aging, but don't remind me. :unsure: