Yoda

tooth regeneration

Dr. Bronner's soap is a good alternative to the ToothSoap. Just have to get used to the taste.

I constantly switch from Bronner's bas, to ToothSoap, to my own liquid mix etc. This way you will minimize the possibility of your body reacting to it if you use one thing too much.

Edited by Smile

I bought a jar of Tooth Soap. A good product but expensive for what it offers. I went to the natural food market and bought a bar of olive oil/cocoanut oil soap for $4. I then used the finest grating side of a box grater and now I have tooth soap powder. It can be mixed with Peelu powder or extract or tea tree oil for added benefit.

Sounds good.. also you can just use the bar as is, and swipe the toothbrush across it a few times.

Uncle Harry's product contains chalk as the main ingredient. I think it is too abrasive.

The tooth whitener, yes, although I don't think it's a problem to use it for food stains once in a while. There are many other Uncle Harry's products that aren't abrasive, like the Tooth and Gum Elixir, or the mouthwash spray, which are both just essential oils. Using bar soap and then putting a drop or two of essential oil on the toothbrush works too.

Was going to get some tooth soap but that AWARD voucher is no longer valid :(

Not noticing any difference from that Ayurvedic Toothpaste so stopped using it. Still got some fluoride Listerine mouthwash that I use occasionally. Was a bit worried by the chalk in Uncle Harry's too will probably eventually get some Dr. Bronner's

Currently brushing with soap (errr this one http://www.cincottachemist.com.au/product_...php?crk=108625) It's the only bar soap I have, it's the only one that helps with chafing and sweat rash over summer.

So there was a recent article in Science News that teeth can heal themselves through the interaction between the inner tooth bud and the calcium in the saliva. Scientists are experimenting with calcium fortified toothpastes for this reason.

So that's where science is on the subject. On the vitamin d link on Platos blog, they go into this in detail and claim that it is normal for teeth to be able to regenerate themselves assuming there's enough calcium in the saliva. there has to be enough calcium and vitamin d in the diet/sunlight exposure to get the levels up. The article believes that most people are walking around with half to a third as much calcium in their saliva as needed due to large scale vitamin d deficiency.

I have now replaced my toothpaste with salt for many moons and am happy with it. The theory there is that toothpaste creates a slimey coat over the teeth that deprives them of the self healing effect.

I lost a filling awhile back and it seems to be healing itself through the salt. Of course, it might just be that the hole is getting smoothed down through wear.

Not that tooth heal is a big deal, but vitamin d deficiencies also lower serotonin and that's a huge deal!! So get your sun and eat those eggs or take some oil supplements!

-Yoda

Here is a recent Slashdot post which also addresses this question, though from a different angle. Thought others here might like to check it out.

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/01/06/018202

doge

Another interesting claim for rebuilding enamel based on chronobiotics:

header_book.jpg

On his May 31, 2008 interview here (25:40), Atom Bergstrom said that you could replate your teeth by eating garlic, onion and cow cheese (like Monterey Jack or sharp cheddar cheese) from 6:15-6:30 PM. That if you hold it in your mouth for 15 minutes during that time, the calcium, silicone & fluorine will rebuild enamel, partly due to the kidney energy peaking during that time (5-7 PM).

...the calcium, silicone & fluorine will rebuild enamel, partly due to the kidney energy peaking during that time (5-7 PM).

Interesting, how is kidney energy relevant to rebuiling enamel?

When I have a lot of calcium I see almost instant results -- the next day -- in enamel building. I also rely on garlic for my teeth and gums (as well as cleansing the body of all the toxins found in "normal" food). I've read that in Asia traditionally 8 to 10 cloves of garlic were consumed a day (NY TIMES, 1950s) and that there's a county in Taiwan where 7 cloves of garlic are consumed a day. It depends on my diet but I eat at least that much unless I have a very careful diet. Even sugar found in fruit, yogurt, milk, etc. has a damaging effect that garlic will counter. Since I sit in full-lotus all the time my kidney energy is constantly cycling up the nutrients and bacteria for what I call "whole body digestion" aka turning shit into gold. haha. To rebuild the kidney energy it's best to eat BLACK food -- like black beans or black sesame seeds (in Chinese groceries) -- that's what http://springforestqigong.com states -- and I think it's because the pigment for black -- like melanin -- is an "iron sink" which pulls in electromagnetic energy, thereby recharging your life-force energy. The reason males lose their life force energy typically in the early morning is because the kidney energy also peaks at 5 to 7 a.m. So taking food at the time of the peak of the energy cycle will optimize the energy increase -- the N.I.H. is doing this with melatonin which peaks at 1 a.m. (the same as the 11 to 1 a.m. upper tan tien peak) -- for healing cancer.

Seems very much like Dr. Bronner's soap. The glycerine content in a bar soap is o.k. yes?

(unlike in toothpaste)

Nope. Glycerin is glycerin. Toothpaste contains other nasties besides glycerin, but if you use a soap with added glycerin it will interfere with remineralization. Dr. Bronner's contains only the naturally occuring glycerin in the oil - it says "retained glycerin," meaning that in the soap making process they don't deliberately remove the glycerin, which would require poisonous solvents. That small amount is okay, but it's not good to use a soap that contains added glycerin. Usually you can tell added glycerin by the feel, if it feels a bit more slippery than plain soap. If it says glycerin on the label, not "retained glycerin" it's probably added.

Mal, the wording maybe off a bit. It might be a glycerin from the making process. The best advise is to email them and ask.

Tooth Soap is based on the work of Dr Judd. He told me any bar soap is fine. He uses Dial.

Another interesting claim for rebuilding enamel based on chronobiotics:

header_book.jpg

On his May 31, 2008 interview here (25:40), Atom Bergstrom said that you could replate your teeth by eating garlic, onion and cow cheese (like Monterey Jack or sharp cheddar cheese) from 6:15-6:30 PM. That if you hold it in your mouth for 15 minutes during that time, the calcium, silicone & fluorine will rebuild enamel, partly due to the kidney energy peaking during that time (5-7 PM).

David, this is very interesting piece of info, and actually makes sense. The only thing I would do differently is substituting foods with highly absorbent multi-mineral/organic silica liquid mix, and use it like a mouth wash for 15 minutes. Similar to oil pulling.

I can understand cow cheese but garlic and onion... have to look into it.

Edited by Smile

"Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition," 2009, by Ramiel Nagel.

This book explains how teeth can be repaired through nutrients delivered to the teeth through the saliva. The calcium to phosphorus ration is important, with the latter being just as important. In addition, vitamins A, D, E, and K are necessary. He uses examples of foods from native diets.

He did not mention silica. I recommend BioSil which can be bought in stores.

Any of you tooth experts know anything about Xylitol?

People been telling me it's good to the point where you can swill it round your mouth at night and have your enamel strengthened while you sleep.

True ? False? Other?

My friend makes a Native american oil blend with Earth Clay and that has succesfully regenerated Bone & Teeth & Gums.

You can get that stuff through Tao Semko

contact him at umaatantra.com

The guy that makes the product is a Chi Gung student of Dr, Morris & I & has trained with Oniada Indian medicine men. His name is Miguel Cisneros. A good friend of mine and a great healer/Herbalist.

peace

Santi

Hello

I wrote to this website asking about teeth regeneration.

See the reply:

one does not regrow teeth when there are no teeth present...

but improving nerve nutrition and blood circulation can rejuvenate the root and nerve of an existing tooth if it is loose, weak, or has gingivitis.

The clay and specific 100% natural plant essential oils in the toothpaste, when packed against the tooth and left on overnight several nights in a row may help to do so, stopping gum bleeding and firming the tooth root... however, the FDA forbids any claims of curing, preventing, or treating disease, so we do not make any... this is not a synthetic pharmaceutical, and we are not MD's....

this is just basic health maintenance using traditional means and common sense...