Yoda

tooth regeneration

So there was a recent article in Science News that teeth can heal themselves through the interaction between the inner tooth bud and the calcium in the saliva. Scientists are experimenting with calcium fortified toothpastes for this reason.

So that's where science is on the subject. On the vitamin d link on Platos blog, they go into this in detail and claim that it is normal for teeth to be able to regenerate themselves assuming there's enough calcium in the saliva. there has to be enough calcium and vitamin d in the diet/sunlight exposure to get the levels up. The article believes that most people are walking around with half to a third as much calcium in their saliva as needed due to large scale vitamin d deficiency.

I have now replaced my toothpaste with salt for many moons and am happy with it. The theory there is that toothpaste creates a slimey coat over the teeth that deprives them of the self healing effect.

I lost a filling awhile back and it seems to be healing itself through the salt. Of course, it might just be that the hole is getting smoothed down through wear.

Not that tooth heal is a big deal, but vitamin d deficiencies also lower serotonin and that's a huge deal!! So get your sun and eat those eggs or take some oil supplements!

-Yoda

I think I read something about coQ10 helping teeth heal, will have to look it up though.

Or maybe it was cod liver oil. Can't keep anything straight anymore.

So brushing with salt water? Sea salt? That works well? Helps bad breath? Keep em white? I been using tea tree oil toothpaste, a name brank called Jason, its not bad, organic.

Those be awesome quotes.

Matter of fact I was thinking about tooth regeneration a lot lately and thinking about posting about it.

In cosmic healing two Dirk and Chia write how when taoists would vanish in thin air they would only leave behind HAIR, TEETH and NAILS. I highly recommend meditating on that one, dont forget the eyelashes! I just so happen to have a "love line" or a line of hair that descends my conception vessel from my chest, its funny looking. I was reading about how Pang Gu's hair...

"After the eighteen thousand years had elapsed, PanGu was laid to rest. His breath became the wind; his voice the thunder; left eye the sun and right eye the moon; his body became the mountains and extremes of the world; his blood formed rivers; his muscles the fertile lands; his facial hair the stars and milky way; his fur the bushes and forests; his bones the valuable minerals; his bone marrows sacred diamonds; his sweat fell as rain; and the little creatures on his body carried by the wind became human beings all over the world.""

Anyways, I been studying some Buddhist art from a 2005 calender that my friends mom had, it is really amazing to see the alchemical thing sin this stuff...very cool indeed, bring me to nirvana, each one, when studied for about 5 minutes.

On a couple of them it shows the deities with fangs. So anyways, later when I was meditating on my teeth/hair/nails trinity I felt the energy go more into my (what do you call those?) fang-like teeth, those 4 sharper ones...it feels very good. I thought to myself, well, if Im going to be a vampire I might as well grow some horns, and started working on that too. :lol:

Edited by GrandTrinity

I just use sea salt. An aquired taste, but I like it. The pioneers used salt to brush their teeth back in the day too. About hair, have you tried Yudelove's hair breathing? Just breath in through any and all hairs on the body.

I looked on the store shelves and sure enough, Colgate just came out with a new calcium fortified toothpaste.

Keep in mind--it's all about getting enough calcium and vitamin d, not about what you brush with.

Wisdom teeth come in later in life.. I think that's the only significance to the name. Weston Price, a dentist in the 1930's, did extensive research on the jaw structures of native people eating their native diets free of all modern foods. He found that their mouths had plenty of room for wisdom teeth to come in without structural problems.

Unfortunately, some of us don't have jaw structures that can accommodate all the teeth, so sometimes they do need to be removed. When that's necessary, a good biological dentist can do it properly, or refer to an oral surgeon who uses methods based on biological dentistry.

The book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price has loads of amazing photos of native people with healthy jaw structures and gorgeous teeth. No dentists, gorgeous teeth :).

BTW, I think salt can be too abrasive for brushing with, but it's great to rinse with. For brushing, I love Tooth Soap, in the liquid form.

Dr. Wolfe has a tooth chart online showing the meridians that run through the teeth. In general, energetically, teeth are related to bone.

-Karen

Edited by karen

i use an ayurvedic formulation called "gum care" .... rub on my gums... it generates copious amounts of saliva.... gargle, spit then brush with my own saliva.

tooth regeneration huh?

do you reckon i could regenerate my pulled out tooth.....?

(i have one of my front teeth missing).

now THAT would be an achievement!

maybe i should sit in the sun for 6 hours a day and eat a jar of tahini every day?

hahahaha.

I believe it's possible to regenerate teeth, but I've not heard of any stories.

• Like 1

gum care ingredients:

common alum, black pepper, gum benzoin, sea salt, oregano seeds, cloves, acacia catechu, phyllanthus emblica, turmeric powder and neem.

i just rub it on my gums then loads of salive comes ou. unfortunately its not good to swallow this stuff so i gargle with the saliva, herb mixture, swish it around my mouth then spit. then i brush my teeth with the saliva which keeps coming for a few minutes.

it is intense.

and it's reasonably enjoyable.... provided you don't swallow any!

if i accidentally swallow some i have this bad taste in my throat for hours.

its kind of numbing but stimulating at the same time.

Hey Lozen.

I know what you mean. I've been using the Tooth Soap sparingly and thinking up what to do when the bottle runs out! I talked with the tooth soap people :) about making a similar formula, and they implied that there's nothing magical about their formulation, and regular old soap could be used. I just find it handy to use the liquid Tooth soap in the squirt bottle, but hey, if you have some basic vegetable oil-based soap with no additives, I think that would be fine. Maybe even Dr Bronner's. Or if you feel like making soap yourself.. I never had the desire to mess around with it.

I think I'd rather start with an unscented olive oil bar soap, and just add some essential oils to it.

Re. the Thieves toothpaste, it looks mostly good, but I have no idea what the "patented liposome complex" is. Might be okay, but who knows.

Karen

I looked on the store shelves and sure enough, Colgate just came out with a new calcium fortified toothpaste.

Keep in mind--it's all about getting enough calcium and vitamin d, not about what you brush with.

Ingredients:

Sodium Monofluorophosphate 0.76% w/w (1000 ppm F), Sodium Fluoride BP 0.1% w/w (450 ppm F), Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Glycerine, Sorbitol, Cellulose Gum, PEG 12, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Saccharin, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Flavour, Water.

All conventional pastes have fluoride in then. And what is Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate anyway? Is it some by-product of an agricultural pesticide plant? Colgate would be the last brand I would buy. You are right about brushing though.

Well my Ayurvedic toothpaste didn't cut it and I finally picked up some of this Tooth Soap stuff. It is liquid and foams up in your mouth! It tastes like oil with essential oils because that's what it is. :) My teeth are buzzing and feel clean! They look yellow though. And I don't want to pay for tooth whitener they sell, or for the booklet for that matter. Hey Karen, what are the secrets in the booklet? ;)

I found this Oramd stuff for my dad who's got receding gums... it's also mainly essential oils, but has some very devoted followers!

Lozen, I remember a friend of mine got a tooth whitening package off ebay, it included a blue-light torch... he loved it, and it was very cheap...

I think I read something about coQ10 helping teeth heal, will have to look it up though.

Don't know about it healing teeth but coQ10 helps regenerate gums. Apparently coQ10 is important for the heart and the gums and if the heart hasn't got enough it leeches it out of the gums. Gums return to normal really fast with coQ10.

"Don't know about it healing teeth but coQ10 helps regenerate gums. Apparently coQ10 is important for the heart and the gums and if the heart hasn't got enough it leeches it out of the gums. Gums return to normal really fast with coQ10."

Callan

CoQ10, also known as Ubiquinone because it is present everywhere on a cellular level is important to cardiovascular health.

Bad gums are indicative of low coq10 levels and therefore bad gums are predictive of potential cardiovascular trouble because Coq10 is Essential to cardiovascular health.

I don't think it is accurate to say that the heart Leeches Coq10 from the gums.

another important point and one which I preach whenever I have the oppurtunity, please follow my logic.

1. Co Q 10 is ubiquitous in the body and essential to cardiovascular health among other things.

2. High cholesterol is purported to be indicative of cardiovascular risk.

3. In fact as many people with "normal" chloesterol levels as those with high cholesterol levels will experience cardiovascular problems. High cholesterol IS a problem but what is the solution??

4. Most common solution for high cholesterol is the prescription of Statin drugs.

5. Statin drugs SHUT OFF your bodies ability to product CoQ10.

Conclusion - If you have high cholosterol do everything you can to reduce it WITHOUT resorting to Statin drugs.

If you succumb to pressure and use statin drugs you MUST supplement with CoQ10, and get off of them as soon as possible.

High Cholesterol is not necessarily directly correlated to cardiac problems.

LOW COQ10 IS directly correlated to cardiac problems.

PS- Good idea to take care of your teeth too. :)

Craig

I have found coconut and coconut oil to be amazingly good for teeth, both to whiten and strengthen teeth. I have also read that brushing with powdered cayenne pepper will regenerate gun tissue. IIRC, I tried this about 2 years ago and it worked.

aghartaI have found coconut and coconut oil to be amazingly good for teeth, both to whiten and strengthen teeth. I have also read that brushing with powdered cayenne pepper will regenerate gun tissue. IIRC, I tried this about 2 years ago and it worked

I use olive and coconut oil that are not too pungent, in a 1:1 ratio as a CF margarine.

I have been using Omega Nutrition Organic VCO. I absolutely love its clarity and richness, but I really hate the price on it ($13-$15 per oz) and also that it's packaged in plastic. While I don't mind paying GOOD money for a good product, I've been looking into some others types.

Spectrum is okay and it's about $6 per pint.

Garden of Life is the same price, but it comes in glass. I don't know if you can get such a decent VCO for less than that.

Nutiva has a beautifully crystalline appearance, which most people find desirable.

If you are really wanting bulk, I came across this excellent find with mountainroseherbs.com (no financial affinity) that sell CO for only $28 a gallon when alot of places charge 50 bucks for junk.

but I don't think I'd ever be able to use the cayenne ... LMAO :lol:

It already causes my throat to swell shut ... I have to take ice cubes and force them against my throat to prevent asphyxiation.