Yoda

tooth regeneration

Ramiel Nagel's book is excellent, very Weston Price oriented. I mostly agree with his thoughts on xylitol - it's a processed sugar alcohol and not a healthy addition to the diet on a regular basis. But I would use it in certain situations when you need to treat tooth decay aggressively, while you're also working on the underlying causes, which xylitol won't fix.

These nutritional methods may be enough for some people, but teeth problems sometimes have deeper energetic causes that nutrition doesn't reach, and that's where homeopathy comes in.

For silica, I use it in the form of tissue salts - a 3x or 6x potency, in the US made by Hyland's. The tissue salts work on a somewhat deeper level in that they improve the way the body utilitzes the particular mineral rather than just providing more quantity of it. Other "homeopathic" remedies are also used, but on an individualized basis.

Re. Dial soap, yikes! That recommendation is hard to figure - not sure I'd want to put that on my skin, let alone in my mouth!

-Karen

Eek! so I have a big black dot on my tooth!! What should I use? Xylitol? Tea tree oil? Dentist?

I already brush with tooth soap...

When I have a lot of calcium I see almost instant results -- the next day -- in enamel building. I also rely on garlic for my teeth and gums (as well as cleansing the body of all the toxins found in "normal" food). I've read that in Asia traditionally 8 to 10 cloves of garlic were consumed a day (NY TIMES, 1950s) and that there's a county in Taiwan where 7 cloves of garlic are consumed a day. It depends on my diet but I eat at least that much unless I have a very careful diet. Even sugar found in fruit, yogurt, milk, etc. has a damaging effect that garlic will counter. Since I sit in full-lotus all the time my kidney energy is constantly cycling up the nutrients and bacteria for what I call "whole body digestion" aka turning shit into gold. haha. To rebuild the kidney energy it's best to eat BLACK food -- like black beans or black sesame seeds (in Chinese groceries) -- that's what http://springforestqigong.com states -- and I think it's because the pigment for black -- like melanin -- is an "iron sink" which pulls in electromagnetic energy, thereby recharging your life-force energy. The reason males lose their life force energy typically in the early morning is because the kidney energy also peaks at 5 to 7 a.m. So taking food at the time of the peak of the energy cycle will optimize the energy increase -- the N.I.H. is doing this with melatonin which peaks at 1 a.m. (the same as the 11 to 1 a.m. upper tan tien peak) -- for healing cancer.

makes sense, since garlic is considered a western panacea (analogous to ginseng in china or the various rasayana in india, for example)... but how do you get rid of the smell?

Excellent info on this site, and great book: Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel. Dispels all the myths about what causes tooth decay and how to prevent and treat it. He combines a Weston Price nutritional approach with even more raw animal foods a la Aajonus Vonderplanitz. And additional info about dentistry, how drilling cavities is often unnecessary; minimally invasive methods of treating cavities, etc. Well researched and referenced.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hi freesun,

Actually the book has a section on how a vegetarian can maximize the teeth-building nutrients. Using liberal amounts of raw dairy. Raw butter or ideally, X-factor butter oil. And raw eggs (organic, grass-fed only). Larger amounts of fat-soluble vitamins are found in animal foods, especially liver, but raw dairy is the next best thing for lacto-vegetarians.

-Karen

Drew, glad you mentioned the blotting technique.. I've been experimenting with it..don't know anyone else who's done this for any length of time. Have you?

A question to Drew about Garlic

but how do you get rid of the smell?

He doesn't :o

(although IIRC apparently eating orderless garlic pills removed the smell of the preciously eaten real garlic)

Hi freesun,

Actually the book has a section on how a vegetarian can maximize the teeth-building nutrients. Using liberal amounts of raw dairy. Raw butter or ideally, X-factor butter oil. And raw eggs (organic, grass-fed only). Larger amounts of fat-soluble vitamins are found in animal foods, especially liver, but raw dairy is the next best thing for lacto-vegetarians.

-Karen

Raw is the key. If you can get raw dairy, get raw goat milk instead raw cows milk.

Karen, how have you experienced the blotting tecnique?

Can you explain?With dentist or alone?

Hi Jaya,

The link you posted is something different.. I assume you're talking about the Phillips Blotting Technique, which uses a special brush to remove plaque from between teeth and gums. I think it's terrific. It's not necessary to involve a dentist, because it's a simple hygiene routine that anyone can do and can only help.

Blotting uses a special brush that you use dry, dabbing on the crevices between teeth and gums, and it actually absorbs the plaque. Regular brushing just pushes the plaque around and doesn't actually remove it. It's like if you swept a dirty floor onto a rug, the dirt would collect under the rug, not be swept away. Not that it's necessary to do away with regular brushing completely, but blot afterward.

If you used a brush with dark colored bristles, you could even see the plaque that the blotting removes, even after you've already brushed your teeth the regular way.

There are instructions available from the Price-Pottenger Foundation, although I thought they weren't clear enough. Their video on blotting is excellent, but costs $30. So I created a document containing detailed, illustrated instructions, which I offer free to my clients.

I also recommend oil pulling, which has similar benefits, but a lot of people can't get themselves to OP, or stick to it :).

-Karen

Karen,

Can you show us a link to your instructions online? I had been thinking about trying the tooth blotting, but wasn't sure it would be worth the spend.

Karen,

Can you show us a link to your instructions online? I had been thinking about trying the tooth blotting, but wasn't sure it would be worth the spend.

I think blotting is worth a lot, but doesn't seem necessary to spend $30 on a video when clear written instructions do just as well. The brushes are as cheap as a regular toothbrush, and last a long time. The whole thing is cheaper than oil pulling, considering the cost of good quality oil.

Right now I'm making my instructions (4-page PDF with photos) available free to my clients, not free on my website. I'm thinking about making it available to others for a small charge. Thanks for asking!

Will let you know.. or remind me if I haven't posted about it by next week.

-Karen

From the page of Karen

Oil pulling is an effective method for pulling toxins from around the teeth and gums, but oil pulling is not always convenient, and some people find it unpleasant. Those who are already oil pulling can do blotting in addition, or whichever is more convenient on a particular day. See what works well for you.

I use pulling oil each morning with a drop of oregan essential oil and a litthe bentonite.

I think it is enough?

Isn't it?

P.S. If one does professional hygiene, does one need of blotting?

Edited by jaya

I use pulling oil each morning with a drop of oregan essential oil and a litthe bentonite.

I think it is enough?

Isn't it?

Oil pulling might be enough, but you'd have to judge for yourself.. it's a very individual thing. For some people, oil pulling can be too detoxifying to do every day, but if you're okay with it and not getting plaque buildup, then you probably don't need to do blotting in addition. If you're still getting plaque buildup, might be a good idea to do blotting too, and make nutritional adjustments.

P.S. If one does professional hygiene, does one need of blotting?

I think it's the other way around - if you do your own hygiene you probably won't need the professional hygiene - or not nearly as often.

There are reasons to avoid professional cleanings if possible - if you have amalgam fillings, a lot of mercury vapor gets released. Also it's a considerable stress on the body and trauma to the tissues even if it's not that uncomfortable. And it's expensive! They call that prophylaxis, but we can do more to prevent the need for that kind of invasive prevention :) .

You might need to have the professional cleaning once in a while, but it would be interesting to see if your check-ups are better since oil pulling.

(Also, the polishing paste the dental hygienists use contains fluoride, usually, so if you get a cleaning it's good to pass on that one).

-Karen

Edited by karen

I was planning to do an instructional blotting video for a long time now. I will get a camera from a friend and will probably do it in a week or two. Will post it on youtube.

I was planning to do an instructional blotting video for a long time now. I will get a camera from a friend and will probably do it in a week or two. Will post it on youtube.

Great! The video showing Dr. Phillips is good, but the info can certainly be summarized and shown in less time than 20 minutes. Look forward to seeing it.

Karen, have you tried Tooth Savior Soap?

http://www.awildsoapbar.com/product.asp?productid=420635

Ingredients: saponified organic extra virgin olive, organic coconut, and organic palm oils, organic aloe, wild white oak bark, french green clay, sea salt, peppermint, spearmint & tea tree essential oils, chlorella, vanilla, xylitol, stevia

2 ingredients are interesting: french green clay & wild white oak bark. It has xylitol in it as well but I'm not too excited about it for some reason.

I have the product called Spry Mints ( http://www.amazon.com/Xlear-Spry-Mints-Ras...s/dp/B0001ZZ5SG ) but I think the positive effects of xylitol are way overblown.

Nice handmade soaps on that site! Haven't tried the Tooth Savior Soap.. interesting to see such a formula. I'm not crazy about using tea tree oil on a regular basis.. that would be my only reservation, although not a big one.

About xylitol, yeah, it's not a totally wonderful food, and I wouldn't use it over the long run, but it seems to be useful at least in the short run. I'll keep looking at that, and let me know if you have more thoughts on that.

I'm not too excited about products for tooth brushing, in general.. I think oil pulling and blotting do much more than any regular brushing (as far as hygiene goes), and I prefer to stick with simple peppermint soap. I do use Ipsab once in a while just for a change!

-Karen

Cool. I constantly switch from my own mix, to Tooth Soap, to Dr. Bronner's bar. I add very little of tea tree oil in my own formula, almost no taste.

You are right- brushing and blotting should be the most important part. Plus the right diet.

It's an important point. We were talking about hygiene, but diet is of course more foundational. The X-factor butter oil is a wonderful source of K2, although a bit tricky to find a way to make it palatable! But doable.
What is X-factor butter?

And GREAT find! Wow, K2 - that's huge! Anyone find any cheaper supplemental sources though? $50-$70 a bottle is a lil' steep...and what's the recommended daily dosage?

I have always noticed that my teeth feel really clean after eating a bunch of leafy greens - wonder if K1 has any effect, or maybe it's the alkalizing and calcium content?

Anyhow, I agree - chronic use of natural antibiotics (like tea tree oil) is probably not good either. Especially low doses - as that can breed resistant bacteria just like synthetic ones can. So, I would cycle them at full-strength only occasionally or when needed. Kind of all or nothing, periodically. Don't just go partway all the time...

But what about free calcium in any of these formulations? How come none of them contain any of that???Wouldn't it be helpful too in remineralization?