Sign in to follow this  
enouch

Fight Science! Which art measures up?

In real life the stress of working for a bad employer and living in an unfair and unjust society can kill you faster and more surely than any UFC or K-1 fighter. So you could be training hard to beat people up, only to succumb to poverty, or to a stroke, or to cancer. Having good life is more important than kicking people in the rear. Although I admit that kicking people in the rear is fun sometimes. :) I like watching Fedor fight now and then. But fighting is about winning a localized peak struggle. The real struggle is not at a peak level though. The real struggle is the day to day life. If you can live day to day without struggle, then you've won the most important match in your life and all the combat fighters can come and learn from you.

Oh, and I enjoyed watching all those videos. Thanks for the links. It was fun. I have no opinion about which style measures up though.

Edited by goldisheavy

GIH,

It seems a subtle shift has occured, making you more open to dialog/discussion, and I wanted to commend you for that. You have always been intellectually insightful, but something has shifted in your body (IMO). Anyways, thanks.

I just watched the second video a bit, on the power of different punches, and I'm pretty doubtful. Mass of the fighter, length of training or ability (some are just naturally better) all come into play. You can't expect a 70kg guy to strike with the same force as a 90 kg guy, unless the latter is clueless. You'd have to have guys with the same weight and the same ability in their arts to really gauge how much difference there is, if any. But it's still interesting to see.

Sign in to follow this