Sign in to follow this  
Non

Taoist Yoga book help

I was looking to see if anyone here has followed the Taoist Yoga book by Charles Luk Chan, so that I can perhaps try to understand a bit better what this book is trying to convey (and hope that it's an authentic transmission).

Any insight would be appreciated.

"Taoist Yoga" very clearly differentiates different types of energy and the focus is NEVER on sex unless it's about LOSS of energy as generative fluid. The intention is what is important behind the energy. The intention being where the electromagnetic energy is focused in the body. The focus should be in the heart or in the third eye.

I've known several people who project their own mental weakness onto Taoist Yoga. The book consciously addresses the issue of celibacy as ionization or purification -- not just retention. This is where the West goes wrong.

The full-lotus REVERSES the damage of people having their electromagnetic subconscious focus stuck in the lower chakras due to previous ejaculation.

Obviously modern culture promotes male ejaculation -- "sex sells." So Taoist Yoga is a very radical book.

So if people want to fixate on sex then they are not meditating. Obviously we can't tell people what to think -- but the electromagnetic energy will re-wire their brains -- simply through the natural resonance of complementary opposites. You just sit in full-lotus.

It's easy.

I was looking to see if anyone here has followed the Taoist Yoga book by Charles Luk Chan, so that I can perhaps try to understand a bit better what this book is trying to convey (and hope that it's an authentic transmission).

"Taoist Yoga" very clearly differentiates different types of energy and the focus is NEVER on sex unless it's about LOSS of energy as generative fluid. The intention is what is important behind the energy. The intention being where the electromagnetic energy is focused in the body. The focus should be in the heart or in the third eye.

I've known several people who project their own mental weakness onto Taoist Yoga. The book consciously addresses the issue of celibacy as ionization or purification -- not just retention. This is where the West goes wrong.

The full-lotus REVERSES the damage of people having their electromagnetic subconscious focus stuck in the lower chakras due to previous ejaculation.

Obviously modern culture promotes male ejaculation -- "sex sells." So Taoist Yoga is a very radical book.

So if people want to fixate on sex then they are not meditating. Obviously we can't tell people what to think -- but the electromagnetic energy will re-wire their brains -- simply through the natural resonance of complementary opposites. You just sit in full-lotus.

It's easy.

lol.. full lotus for me isn't so easy. Longest I've done it is about.. half an hr, but by then my feet were numb and I had pain in my right foot for days...

And lately my flexibility has gone down, but the pain has gone up. I was thinking it was due to sitting too much in full lotus.. that now my hips are now harder to open up.

Well I did have a question as to the four-fold breathing practice. What does the author mean when he states "ascending breaths"... Does he mean.. from one point to the next, you breathe in fully, ascending the chi to the point, then exhaling and sending it back to the first point, and continue one doing the same for the required amount of "ascending breaths"? Or do you just breathe in fully WITHOUT sending it back down, for the required amount of "ascending breaths". OR do you breathe in for the required amount of "ascents" as intermediate ascensions for one full breath, without breathing out in between "ascending breaths" and you sort of hold the chi in the intermediate steps, letting the chi keep rising until you reach the next point.

Also... is the idea to start this practice with an erection? Since he talks about old men having to stimulate his penis to get it erect. If this is the case.. when the erection goes down do I have to stop the practice completely? Is this the point of the exercise? Or is it to be able to keep that erection throughout the entire practice?

It's kind of strange to me why all this isn't clear from the very beginning in the book, which makes me question it's authenticity. The fact that all these teachings in "code language"...

(and hope that it's an authentic transmission).

It's kind of strange to me why all this isn't clear from the very beginning in the book, which makes me question it's authenticity. The fact that all these teachings in "code language"...

It's not a transmission, it's a book. You can't question it's authenticity because things aren't clear from the begining. Because probably if you had received the instruction from a teacher of that system things wouldn't be unclear to you.

Also Michael Winn once said that both he and Chia tried to practice according to that book and couldn't make it work, Winn thought that there are things missing that are only given through personal instruction. Or something in that direction.

It's not a transmission, it's a book. You can't question it's authenticity because things aren't clear from the begining. Because probably if you had received the instruction from a teacher of that system things wouldn't be unclear to you.

Also Michael Winn once said that both he and Chia tried to practice according to that book and couldn't make it work, Winn thought that there are things missing that are only given through personal instruction. Or something in that direction.

So then WHY does the book say "this is a comprehensive course on Taoist yoga which provides complete instruction and training".

lol

There's so much mystery in all these MYSTERY traditions I have no choice but to doubt.

So then WHY does the book say "this is a comprehensive course on Taoist yoga which provides complete instruction and training".

Who exactly says that?

Who exactly says that?

I dunno that's just the synopsis on the back cover.

Get the Level 1 Sitting meditation c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com That has the same 12 points as in Taoist Yoga -- and it's a very very excellent practice tool.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/instructional_tools.htm

You need to learn to have internal climaxes -- I got to chapter 10 in the book or so. After that the book gets muddled because it's too advanced and the energy is too powerful.

You can get that small universe c.d. for $10 or it's a free download I think -- I posted the link a couple times.

lol.. full lotus for me isn't so easy. Longest I've done it is about.. half an hr, but by then my feet were numb and I had pain in my right foot for days...

And lately my flexibility has gone down, but the pain has gone up. I was thinking it was due to sitting too much in full lotus.. that now my hips are now harder to open up.

Well I did have a question as to the four-fold breathing practice. What does the author mean when he states "ascending breaths"... Does he mean.. from one point to the next, you breathe in fully, ascending the chi to the point, then exhaling and sending it back to the first point, and continue one doing the same for the required amount of "ascending breaths"? Or do you just breathe in fully WITHOUT sending it back down, for the required amount of "ascending breaths". OR do you breathe in for the required amount of "ascents" as intermediate ascensions for one full breath, without breathing out in between "ascending breaths" and you sort of hold the chi in the intermediate steps, letting the chi keep rising until you reach the next point.

Also... is the idea to start this practice with an erection? Since he talks about old men having to stimulate his penis to get it erect. If this is the case.. when the erection goes down do I have to stop the practice completely? Is this the point of the exercise? Or is it to be able to keep that erection throughout the entire practice?

I dunno that's just the synopsis on the back cover.

Well then that's not something to put too much trust in IMO. I think synopsises (damn, how do you say/spell this hehe?) are often made to be attractive. I doubt the actual text (which is a translation, by a Buddhist if I'm not mistaken) says this.

I don't like the book. I practice with a teacher and find the book to smell of too much theory and reproduction of misleading information. That's just me. I would not recommend trying to develop a practice based on that book.

I've wondered how realistic or time worthy adopting the full lotus asana is for people who have more athletic legs or thicker legs. It obviously puts much more strain on the joints. I do know that many meditators truly believe that full lotus is the ultimate posture, and they may be right, but it is said that the same can be accomplished with other asana.

Sign in to follow this