Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Can games uncover the mysteries of the universe?

So I was playing go one day and I had a thought could a game uncover the universe? Like what we know what we dont know?

Also would you say go is the most stratigic game in the world or would you say that there arte more strategic ones out there? if so which ones?

Although there are some minor differences between rulesets used in different countries,[2] most notably in Chinese and Japanese scoring rules,[3] these differences do not seriously affect the tactics and strategy of the game. Except where noted otherwise, the basic rules presented here are valid independent of the scoring rules used. The scoring rules are explained separately. Go concepts for which there is no ready English equivalent are commonly called by their Japanese names.

Are you joking hydro I mentioned go like twice in my post.

Are you joking hydro I mentioned go like twice in my post.

This happens when you write poorly and throw punctuation out the window. Poor communication is the price you pay. ;)

So I was playing go one day and I had a thought could a game uncover the universe? Like what we know what we dont know?

Also would you say go is the most stratigic game in the world or would you say that there arte more strategic ones out there? if so which ones?

It's not so much the game that does the uncovering of the mysteries. It's your insight into it. I think with a sufficiently deep insight into a sufficiently deep game (Go qualifies, imo), you can uncover all kinds of universal mysteries. So I would answer "yes".

There is a story about a Buddhist monk being invited to play Go against a master. Even though the Buddhist monk was not trained in Go, he did OK, and at the end of the match said the Go master was enlightened. So apparently at least someone thought there was something to the mastery of Go. Well, that's just a story and I am not 100% sure I got all the details right. You might want to dig through some articles on Go and see what you can find.

Go is unique among games in that it teaches balance between offense and defense. In contrast Chess teaches balls to the wall offense and nothing else. The most violent player in Chess wins. In Go if you stick out too far and too fast you lose. Still, even a deep insight into Chess could enlighten you. But then a deep insight into the movements of your own hands could enlighten you. Or the clouds floating in the sky. Or taking a piss. Insight is like that.

Sign in to follow this