Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Is religion watered down taoism?

I was reading how all religions have secret methods for controlling sexual energy and keeping people under control by not letting them control their own...is all religion evil then, for this? Are these people in bondage?

Check out the book "Light Body Activation" to see Saul Goodman's non-practices for interactive evolution, learning to re-align the chakras...something the Tao talks little about, chakra alignment and integration...kan and li helps, but I find this book to be most liberating.

I tend to see most religions/religious beliefs as sociopolitical memes that have little if anything to do with spiritual cultivation. I don't really see religion as watered down spirituality as much as I see them as co-opted spirituality. I think a lot of "new age" stuff is the watered down spirituality ... fluffy angel bunnies kissing cute doggies and happy happy thoughts and somehow the realities of death, poverty, suffering, disease, etc. get painted over with a false white and left unprocessed.

Religion has (edit:almost) infinite truth in it, I suppose its not watered down. I am a big fan of the heart-centered awareness, Christ Consciousness. However, having spiritual food and knowing how to digest it are two different things.

Edited by GrandTrinity

... fluffy angel bunnies kissing cute doggies and happy happy thoughts and somehow the realities of death, poverty, suffering, disease, etc. get painted over with a false white and left unprocessed.

I think that if more people thought about fluffy angel bunnies kissing cute doggies their chi would flow better and they'd be able to experience the transient in the context of the eternal and the whole drill would become much more fun. Just look at any kid's experience of life. Their vibration is always many times higher than their parents. Kids know the power of bunnies and doggies...

... fluffy angel bunnies kissing cute doggies and happy happy thoughts and somehow the realities of death, poverty, suffering, disease, etc. get painted over with a false white and left unprocessed.

I think that if more people thought about fluffy angel bunnies kissing cute doggies their chi would flow better and they'd be able to experience the transient in the context of the eternal and the whole drill would become much more fun. Just look at any kid's experience of life. Their vibration is always many times higher than their parents. Kids know the power of bunnies and doggies...

:lol: Nice reframe Yoda. Now I have a big funny smile on my face that my hardened cynicism is having trouble wiping off. Fluffy angel bunnies kissing cute doggies ... awwwwwweee... :D

Sign in to follow this