David_2009

Mantak Chia

I think the main trouble people have with Chia, or any energy type work, is what they bring with them. I'm finding that as I learn to embody more Taoist/Buddhist principles, energy work is becoming easier.

Some of the major problems I've found are:

1. Bringing the spirit of craving and competition into it. Taoist energy practices seem better when approached from a "making love perspective" rather than a "getting to the goal perspective". We may tend to want to dominate and control the energy like a tyrant, rather than yielding to it.

2. Relax, relax, relax. This spirit of craving can make us tense. I've found it more profitable to let go and open up. If you feel something, great. If not, great. A good meal should be tasted and savored. If you spend the time eating thinking of the next meal, or getting full, then what's the point?

3. Get into the body. Don't treat the body like a tool or an object. It is a living, organic thing in it's own right.

4. Too much or too little. On the one hand, there is a tendency to overdo it. Quality is more effective than quantity. It took me a long time to learn this. Also, expecting instant results without putting in the work.

5. Grounding. This is important for all aspects of meditation and energy work. If you don't have your feet firmly on the earth, there will be trouble. From my perspective, this means being to live and work as a normal, moral member of society. Energy work / meditation tend to bring to the fore some unpleasant seeds. If one can't cope with day-to-day living, doesn't have common sense or a grounding in the facts of the world, then these manifestations can be overpowering. Having a firm moral center is crucial as well.

Just some observations.

I haven't posted here in ages, due to other things coming up, but, I've still been reading up on Taoism, when I can. Recently, I got 'The Multi-Orgasmic Man' by Mantak Chia, but, I was wonder, what other peoples opinions on Chia are, like is he a respected Taoist, are his books good, or is he more a New Age con (he doesn't seem to be, but, then, I don't know too much about Taoism/Daoism, that I might not know).

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

David.

I think the main trouble people have with Chia, or any energy type work, is what they bring with them. I'm finding that as I learn to embody more Taoist/Buddhist principles, energy work is becoming easier.

Some of the major problems I've found are:

1. Bringing the spirit of craving and competition into it. Taoist energy practices seem better when approached from a "making love perspective" rather than a "getting to the goal perspective". We may tend to want to dominate and control the energy like a tyrant, rather than yielding to it.

2. Relax, relax, relax. This spirit of craving can make us tense. I've found it more profitable to let go and open up. If you feel something, great. If not, great. A good meal should be tasted and savored. If you spend the time eating thinking of the next meal, or getting full, then what's the point?

3. Get into the body. Don't treat the body like a tool or an object. It is a living, organic thing in it's own right.

4. Too much or too little. On the one hand, there is a tendency to overdo it. Quality is more effective than quantity. It took me a long time to learn this. Also, expecting instant results without putting in the work.

5. Grounding. This is important for all aspects of meditation and energy work. If you don't have your feet firmly on the earth, there will be trouble. From my perspective, this means being to live and work as a normal, moral member of society. Energy work / meditation tend to bring to the fore some unpleasant seeds. If one can't cope with day-to-day living, doesn't have common sense or a grounding in the facts of the world, then these manifestations can be overpowering. Having a firm moral center is crucial as well.

Just some observations.

Wonderful post.

This topic has turned into a Taoist version of a celeb gossip magazine which makes it 100 000x more interesting than a ordinary gossip magazine!

Eric, I feel for you. Chaos happens.. Sometimes you have to fight back I guess, who knows ;)

I was reading Chia's "Awakening Healing Energy" just the other day..

I realised his books are so full of information that you don't really know what the emphasis should be on, especially when beginning. His style is to cram the book full of detailed instructions but most don't have the time to do all the exercices and so you're left a bit uncertain about what it is that you should do with your limited available practice time, and why. So while he is probably the best-known Taoist teacher, his books are not so great for self-study without a live teacher.

He does provide information on grounding and he does include warnings and safety precautions. For example, in "Awakening.." he's warning about not trying to dominate the chi but to follow its course. He's telling the practicioner to be very relaxed. But in his sexuality books he's accentuating the power and virtues of the more manipulative exercises and you don't get the feeling you should be careful with the fiery nature of these practices, rather you start feeling the urgency to forcefully suppress your ejaculation right away and altogether..

Absolutely. He is Chia's student.

Yudelove also lost his mind for a while from too much sorcery.

hope he is doing better

Erdweird -- my wonderful, handsome, brilliant, funny, charismatic, highly successful, romantic, active and fun-loving, very happy, incredibly sexy husband is doing great --thanks for your concern though. Peace, Dian Yudelove

*Questions*-(and they are open for anyone who knows to answer)

1.Can Mantak Chia or any of his top students manifest chi?

2.What is just the basic overall theory of alchemy in the HT system? What is the pinnalce of it? and has any one reached it?

3.Has Mantak Chia attained the light body? Does he know how to attain it? and if so which particular practice or set of pratices does he teach that activate it?

4.What level as far as overall taoist alchemy do you think Mantak Chia has reached?

Edited by electric chi magnet

2.What is just the basic overall theory of alchemy in the HT system? What is the pinnalce of it? and has any one reached it?

3.Has Mantak Chia attained the light body? Does he know how to attain it? and if so which particular practice or set of pratices does he teach that activate it?

4.What level as far as overall taoist alchemy do you think Mantak Chia has reached?

who is asking (background) and why (goals, motive)

for the second question you may find some bits of answers in the article section, on 'things we don't know: mantak chia's system'

L1

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty happy and excited even to have so many very awesome practitioners and masters on TTB's to actually TALK WITH. Hot shit. Suggest to me some other time and place where all such folks get together to hang out and discuss the finer points?

It would be like if you're on some music forum and Mozart, Bach, Puccini, Gainsbourg, Cash, Satie, Eno, Giberto and Ginsberg all turned up all at once to explain their ideas and how they came about doing such things and I started laying into them because I can't play their compositions because I didn't practice them right or I'm congenitally tone deaf.

The flip side of such a great occasion perhaps being that if they don't deal with the opportunity to discuss their stuff in the "right way" (whatever that is) it could cool folks off as far as practicing whatever they suggest is concerned. Which I guess is the point.

Very very cool!

Kate

Awesome comment Kate!

David, i've learnt heaps from studying Mantak Chia's books and have done workshops with some of his students. Invaluable. That said, i've found his stuff a bit like a vitamin pill, it's got the essential goodness but is missing some of the fibre that actually makes it digestible. Personally i find him too Yang in his approach and practices, to much focus on accumulating energy and getting higher, and not enough yin practices and not enough Taoist philosophy - i think it's essential to start to think differently, not just 'do the practices'. That said, there is this stuff in his books, it's just not front and centre.

The workshops i've done have been very ungrounding. I'm someone used to some pretty intense energy practices and it took me about a week to get grounded and balanced after the last HT workshop i did, which was a Fusion 1 & 2 workshop.

Everyone is different and needs different things. I'd say take it easy, the basic practices you learn have soooo much depth in them, i've often discovered that advanced practices make me realise how amazing the basic practices are.

Good, luck, have fun!

(chuckle) look at his recent photograph it will give u answer to all of the above.

It would be nice to Chia or someone do some up to date videos with some state of the art graphics!!!

http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/dna/animations.html

... so If like Da Pope told Chia to quit teaching? .... funny ... how Stephen Hawking was told by the Pope that it was alright to ... reasearch... like unified theory man... but to give credit to... well you know who (visualize picture of Hawking behind bars) no really... check the documenary!

..so what could Chia fall back on to earn a living in the vatican pulled his cred.

WORD! Thought provoking..isn't it.

love to all involved...peace out

http://www.mchawking.com/videos/

well i could find out from a pic of him but for me to do an accurate reading i would have to pass my energy over his picture. Then i would know alot of things about him but if he has any level of attainment by me just passing my chi over his pic he would feel it. Then he may retaliate and plus thats kind of an invasion of privacy i feel.

Well i could take it deeper by saying i can feel the vibration from people from their posts....

look i learned neikung from my teacher but i made some improvements which increase the quality of your body essence but the alchemy is the same. In what i practice i get iron body and all of that so i wonder why Mantak Chia teaches that serperatley? When in any good system of neikung it comes upon natrually.

My work as a student of the teachings i received is to aid to the uptmost the alchemy i was taught. Not to just add misc shit.

In my system i practice

1. The main style of neikung training

2. then i added the channeling of the universal healing element to speed up the opening of pathways and to increase body essence or jing quality.

3. A standing meditation i made that helps with the overall alchemy that is taught in the main system. Which also power boosts kong jing.

4. A sitting meditation i made which helps with spiritual training.

5. I also channel the fire element that helps me channel more energy into my system which helps puirfy my body and to help me handle more energy.

All of this is compatible with the main system of nei kung that i practice and has helped me progress faster than most.

Edited by electric chi magnet

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Chia yet. Chias Iron shirt II looks up to date.

Just thinking Hudson Music puts out A high quality product. Mainly music training, the best however.

Wishing I had the financial wherewithal to do the hookup. Maybe someone else is up to task. However the ancients did it in a non HD world

(externally anyway)

@electric chi magnet

as far as i know master chia, he won't mind if you send your energy to scan him, so go ahead, and do let us know on what you feel

@vortex

nice interview, i read it quite a couple of years ago, it seems that it makes more sense to me now, than it did then... thanx for posting it

re photos - i watched most of the first training videos and looked at the photos. i don't know how others see it, but to me he looks much stronger now

the question regarding the achievements of his top students still remains, it is part of my research, and what i have found until now is that those that do have most of the results, aren't in the spotlight, and feel confortable this way

Electric Chi Magnet,

I have a good idea of who you are. I'm fairly certain that you wont actually tell what style of neikung you study and if that's so then I do know who you are.

Eric Yudelove has a book out called "Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy". That book has really good power developing exercises in it. The methods are all from Chia, even if modified slightly from Yudelove, so the fact remains that at the very least, Chia has some authentic methods.

Electric Chi Magnet,

I have a good idea of who you are. I'm fairly certain that you wont actually tell what style of neikung you study and if that's so then I do know who you are.

Eric Yudelove has a book out called "Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy". That book has really good power developing exercises in it. The methods are all from Chia, even if modified slightly from Yudelove, so the fact remains that at the very least, Chia has some authentic methods.

Edited by Eric Yudelove

If anyone is familar with which Martial Arts David Lee Roth Studies please post.

Appears he can secret smile all the way to the bank!

Peace, Love and Positive energy to all!

Just curious, did you legally change your name to "Yudelove" and why? And what does "Yudelove" mean, if anything?

Because, I notice a number of "self-promotional gurus" have done this:

Eric Steven Edelstein -> Eric Yudelove

David Greenberg -> David Deida

Eben Pagan -> David DeAngelo

:

Edited by Eric Yudelove