David_2009

Mantak Chia

Do you know me? What do you know about my mind that would lead you to believe that I lost it from too much sorcery? Maybe from Michael Winn? Well Michael was always a bit jealous. LOL. We're both Senior Instructors in Mantak Chia's Healing Tao. However, I do not teach. I haven't for a long time, except to my wife, who calls me the Dragon Master. Anyway, I prefer to be a sorceror. Sometimes I'm a Taoist sorceror, sometimes not. Sometimes I play with dragons, sometimes I talk to Immortals. Sometimes I just watch TV.

You should always say nice things about a living sorceror. Thanks for your encouraging words.

I was one of Mantak Chia's 1st American students. I am the only person that Chia ever named a Master. I am not a Master in his Healing Tao system, but a Master in my own right for the system I created from his teachings as well as from other teachers, sources and my own input. Chia even gave me a Certificate, which is pretty unTaoist, but we didn't want anyone accusing me of having lost my mind from overdosing on too much Taoism.

Master Eric Yudelove

Hello Master Yudelove,

you certainly did your part for the system and for the world by writing your books, that were and are an inspiration to many, including myself - this is the truth as i see it.

creating a whole new branch of the system, that fast, and that complex, requires a great effort and huge amount of creativity and subtle sense. it's what many try to achieve, but few succeed.

to me, the books offer a good progression of the practice, and a wealth of information that you share with great generosity.

in fact, generosity and mistery were the two features that i have always associated you with, nevermind the rumours that were spread...

so i think you don't own anything to anyone now, i think you are free to decide if, and who you are going to teach or not. i for sure would want to be a student of yours.

respect,

L1

Edited by Little1

did you not pull a samurai sword on the owner of a strip club on long island?

i saw the news article, it didn't exactly make you look sane.

is that the kind of thing a taoist "master" does?

and all of this boasting and posturing doesnt make you look very well balanced either.

I am well aware you are one of Chia's senior students, and I know your books as well, but in my opinion, a "master" is in control of themselves, their emotions, and their ego. you appear to have none of that going on. sorry to see that, Master Yudelove,

I meant what I said, I hope you feel better

Edited by Eric Yudelove

So ...

I haven't posted here in ages, due to other things coming up, but, I've still been reading up on Taoism, when I can. Recently, I got 'The Multi-Orgasmic Man' by Mantak Chia, but, I was wonder, what other peoples opinions on Chia are, like is he a respected Taoist, are his books good, or is he more a New Age con (he doesn't seem to be, but, then, I don't know too much about Taoism/Daoism, that I might not know).

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

David.

How is the book and practice going for you, David? What are your opinions on it?

Oh yeah? you're a Taoist Sorcerer eh? Well I'm a Fugitive Adept from an Evil Hermetic Order,

and I'm going to report you for making threats, because that is most certainly what you just

did: "You should always say nice things about a living sorceror."

Why is it that anytime people start to think they have powers that cannot be reigned in by law,

they automatically lose any sense of morality? It's like they automatically think they can and

will get away with anything, so lose all moral compass completely. I used to see it all the time:

"Oh yes three times three....anything you do will come back on you three times stronger," and they

do it anyway.

What does it matter to you if somebody you don't even know says something like that on a forum?

It's not grand to be sure, but there are far better ways to handle it than to make threats.

And imo the people I knew in the Evil hermetic Order were not exactly totally sane, so I think

it's not unreasonable to think Sorcery could have a bad effect on a person's mind.

I do hope I'm not transgressing any forum rules. I'm a cult survivor, and this kind of thing

gets me riled.

Thank you Mr. Yudelove, now I know not to read any of your books.

Edited by Eric Yudelove

I don't think you realize what being a Taoist sorceror means, it's something that chooses you not the other way around You shouldn't let your own bad experiences with magical orders cloud your vision. Work on your anger, you shouldn't get riled so easily. Isn't it better to say nice things?

Master Eric Yudelove

I'm quite aware that sorcery is something that is chosen - what does

that have to do with anything?

Same to you dude - Isn't it better to say nice things?

I reported you for making a threat on this forum. You

know you did it.

It was an implied threat, but there was no mistaking it.

Edited by tyler zambori

I pulled a sword out of my trunk on a man who was pointing a gun at me as I was standing by my car.He was not the owner of some strip club and it didn't happen in Long Island. He put the gun away. You can't believe everything you read in the newspapers. I was a criminal lawyer for almost 30 years and I never saw a news story reported accurately in all that time. Did you happen to notice that there was never a follow up to that story?

You are better off suspending judgment until you are in better possession of the facts. Opinions and judgments are merely projections of the ego and the ego is ultimately nothing at all.

I approach being a Tao Master primarily as a Warrior, not a Teacher. Have sword will travel. LOL

Master Eric Yudelove

ok thanks for the clarification. The article said you had become enamored of some stripper and got in a confrontation with the strip club bouncer/owner.

hey look, sorry for shooting my mouth off about your mental state, your'e right, i dont know you, but word gets around about you carrying on about dragons, pulling swords on people, etc, and you start to wonder. and of course, you are right, Michael Winn has made some comments about your sanity, or lack thereof as well. So excuse me for connecting the dots in the rumor mill..

Perhaps you would like to set the record straight about your relationship with dragons, why the article had you in a strip club, and why M. Winn is saying you have some issues?

for instance:

if you werent in a strip club, where were you?

Why did some guy pull a gun on you anyway?

Who was he?

Why has M. WInn indicated that evil fortune has befallen you for dabbling with sorcery?

and btw, can you keep the thinly veiled sorcery threats to yourself?

Maybe i overstepped by repeating rumors about your mental health, but you arent helping your reputation by carrying on like that..

ok thanks for the clarification. The article said you had become enamored of some stripper and got in a confrontation with the strip club bouncer/owner.

hey look, sorry for shooting my mouth off about your mental state, your'e right, i dont know you, but word gets around about you carrying on about dragons, pulling swords on people, etc, and you start to wonder. and of course, you are right, Michael Winn has made some comments about your sanity, or lack thereof as well. So excuse me for connecting the dots in the rumor mill..

Perhaps you would like to set the record straight about your relationship with dragons, why the article had you in a strip club, and why M. Winn is saying you have some issues?

for instance:

if you werent in a strip club, where were you?

Why did some guy pull a gun on you anyway?

Who was he?

Why has M. WInn indicated that evil fortune has befallen you for dabbling with sorcery?

and btw, can you keep the thinly veiled sorcery threats to yourself?

Maybe i overstepped by repeating rumors about your mental health, but you arent helping your reputation by carrying on like that..

Edited by Eric Yudelove

What a strange "coincidence" a post about sorcery and the tao :D

VANTAGE

Distant ridges, far away clouds

All events come from a distance.

With a high vantage point,

Foretelling the future is elementary.

It is often superstitiously said that one who follows Tao knows magic. This is nonsense. Superiority is simply a matter of using the best of one's abilities and being in the right position. For example, a wise person who lives high in the mountains and who is not blinded by wine, sensuality, intellectuality, poor health, or greed will be better able to see events in the distance that one who lives in a closed room, eyes on some obscure project.

A storm does not happen abruptly; it takes hours, sometimes days, to develop. Travelers do not arrive suddenly; they can be seen in the distance. Knowing things in advance is possible with a high vantage point. For this reason, the follower of Tao appears to know magic.

Guest paul walter

I'm quite aware that sorcery is something that is chosen - what does

that have to do with anything?

Same to you dude - Isn't it better to say nice things?

I reported you for making a threat on this forum. You

know you did it.

It was an implied threat, but there was no mistaking it.

You and Erdweir should probably lower the tone a little on this--as an 'outsider' I can see you both getting riled and losing rationality the more you's get caught up in the 'debate'-- losing perspective. Paul.

Who cares? Trees still bloom in the spring.

If it is Mr. Yudelove, wouldn't it be more interesting to discuss points of practice?

I regret that I was unable to track down the disposition of Mr. Yudelove/Edelstein's case. Perhaps he would care to enlighten us?

Who cares? Trees still bloom in the spring.

If it is Mr. Yudelove, wouldn't it be more interesting to discuss points of practice?

Actually, some trees bloom in the summer. Camellias bloom in the autumn. The question is whether stripper-chasing mayhem-threateners bloom in August every year, or whether this was a unique and miraculous occurrence, or occurred at all. The tree is judged by its fruit.

~~~ TheTaoBums Moderation Team ~~~

A couple of things:

1. Moderation issues re: this thread have been addressed and resolved in private conversation.

2. Please. Everyone. Be gracious with each other.

Life has it's rough spots for everyone and I for one am glad that some of my less graceful moments are private, not (mis-)presented in a newspaper article for people to wave in my face years & years later. Let's have some sensitivity and generosity with each other. Kindness.

Let's get on with current productive topics. :)

B)

- Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty happy and excited even to have so many very awesome practitioners and masters on TTB's to actually TALK WITH. Hot shit. Suggest to me some other time and place where all such folks get together to hang out and discuss the finer points?

It would be like if you're on some music forum and Mozart, Bach, Puccini, Gainsbourg, Cash, Satie, Eno, Giberto and Ginsberg all turned up all at once to explain their ideas and how they came about doing such things and I started laying into them because I can't play their compositions because I didn't practice them right or I'm congenitally tone deaf.

The flip side of such a great occasion perhaps being that if they don't deal with the opportunity to discuss their stuff in the "right way" (whatever that is) it could cool folks off as far as practicing whatever they suggest is concerned. Which I guess is the point.

Very very cool!

Kate

~~~ TheTaoBums Moderation Team ~~~

A couple of things:

1. Moderation issues re: this thread have been addressed and resolved in private conversation.

2. Please. Everyone. Be gracious with each other.

Life has it's rough spots for everyone and I for one am glad that some of my less graceful moments are private, not (mis-)presented in a newspaper article for people to wave in my face years & years later. Let's have some sensitivity and generosity with each other. Kindness.

Let's get on with current productive topics. :)

B)

- Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

Good call Trunk.

Why in your wildest dreams do you think that I have to answer to you or defend myself?

Master Eric Yudelove

I dont think you have to asnswer me or defend yourself, but I am curious as to what the truth of the matter is. I am just taking the opportunity to ask you what really happened. I am sure others are curious too.

Why not set the record straight? You have already answered halfway anyway.. And if you dont care what we think, why talk to us?

I am genuinely curious, btw. I read your introuduction in the lobby and you made it sound as if you had passed through some kind of "dark night of the soul". It would be interesting to the people on this forum to hear more of what you went through, and hear your perspective for once instead of the dark rumors we hear about you.

dont care? not interested in sharing? ok, no problem, have a good one..

Edited by erdweir

I dont think you have to asnswer me or defend yourself, but I am curious as to what the truth of the matter is. I am just taking the opportunity to ask you what really happened. I am sure others are curious too.

Why not set the record straight? You have already answered halfway anyway.. And if you dont care what we think, why talk to us?

I am genuinely curious, btw. I read your introuduction in the lobby and you made it sound as if you had passed through some kind of "dark night of the soul". It would be interesting to the people on this forum to hear more of what you went through, and hear your perspective for once instead of the dark rumors we hear about you.

dont care? not interested in sharing? ok, no problem, have a good one..

Edited by Eric Yudelove

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty happy and excited even to have so many very awesome practitioners and masters on TTB's to actually TALK WITH. Hot shit. Suggest to me some other time and place where all such folks get together to hang out and discuss the finer points?

Kate

Yeah, I agree with this. It's surprising how many high level people are here, how many people who've been with meditation/qigong for years are how, and how many book authors that are here, and are ready and willing to discuss their ideas.

I think it's kind of lame how people who don't agree with these guys come across quite rudely, in my humble opinion. If you don't like a practice or think something should be done in another way, there are plenty of ways to phrase it more politely, and actually have a conversation to share information and swap opinions. Or, if you don't want to do that, just don't say anything.

If people get the idea that this place is hostile, they are going to quit posting and everyone will suffer.

Erdweir:

Things got hairy for awhile after my 1st wife died from breast cancer. That was more than 10 years ago. That's all you need to know.

As far as any Dark Night of the Soul is concerned, all I'll say is: if you challenge the Devil you better know how to defend yourself.

I only work for the benefit of mankind.

Eric Yudelove

Well if one is to believe the gossip here you've got really awesome bad hairdays.ouch sorry bout that it's just..stupid gossip but really entertaining

ouch this gets worse every minute.. :) Be well.

Edited by rain

Master Eric Yudelove

P.S. That part about the car; thats the only part that's true. Can anybody figure out how I did it?

Drove right out through the front?

Erdweir:

Things got hairy for awhile after my 1st wife died from breast cancer. That was more than 10 years ago. That's all you need to know.

As far as any Dark Night of the Soul is concerned, all I'll say is: if you challenge the Devil you better know how to defend yourself.

I only work for the benefit of mankind.

Eric Yudelove

Thanks for sharing, Mr Yudelove

Hey sorry for shooting my mouth off, I try not to do that, but I'm obviously still working on it. Apologies. Lets try to put things on a better foot.

I think I speak for a number of people here in saying that we are interested in your story. I would look forward to future posts by you that would share more of what you went through. I think it would have some value to us all as practitioners of the daoist arts and as people too. You could post an article by yourself, or maybe in your next book?