David_2009

Mantak Chia

I haven't posted here in ages, due to other things coming up, but, I've still been reading up on Taoism, when I can. Recently, I got 'The Multi-Orgasmic Man' by Mantak Chia, but, I was wonder, what other peoples opinions on Chia are, like is he a respected Taoist, are his books good, or is he more a New Age con (he doesn't seem to be, but, then, I don't know too much about Taoism/Daoism, that I might not know).

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

David.

If you'll start practicing from books, you'll say it's bad and new-agey. If you'll meet the man, and find a good instructor, you may beat the odds - here, the odds are that he's a con, and his teaching is fake. This is the general thinking...

Good luck in finding your own truth.

~~~ TheTaoBums Moderation Team ~~~

This thread has been moved from the "Book Club" to the general "Taoist Discussion" forum. The Book Club section is for long term community co-study of a particular book. This thread seem more of a general topic - and you're likely to get more dialog for that in the Taoist Discussion section. (Please correct me if I have misunderstood your intent.)

Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out B) ~~~

I've only studied Chia from books, and I've found them helpful and my life has gone through many positive changes since I started doing the practices from books such as "Awakening healing energy", "Energy Balance through the Tao" (highly recommended yoga), "Cultivating male sexual energy"..

I'm not a hard-core yogi or a extremely devoted chi kung-practicioner but I find that I have learned enough exercices through these books that I now have a wide variety of healing practices available to suit my changing life-situations. I seem to be doing the microcosmic orbit, the sexual exercises and the deep breathing exercises on a daily basis. The Inner Smile and the six healing sounds have been very helpful in times of emotional crisis.

I've studied other Taoist and Chi Kung books like Danier Reid's "Tao of health sex & longevity" and prefer Chia's style of putting it out..

I'd like to go to his seminars or whatever before he goes to the "next level", but if I don't it's all right too.

CHek out alchemicaltaoism.com for tips on how to work with CHias system. Also search for old threads about him hear. His system CAN be done well but it is IMO badly taught and lacking in some respects (I did a workshop with him and a private session). BE carefull with the sexual practices and iron shirt. Be sure to lay a foundation with physical practices, longevity breathing and some stillness meditation and do the inner smile A LOT before you start with the orbit and other such stuff. And you should use Dr LIns technique for mulitple orgasms instead of chias as everyone who tries it thinks it is better. You will find it on alchemicaltaoism.com. Also search for Karezza on the forum here and you will find good threads about the sexual teachings. Actually I would say that you HAVE to dig up those threads in order to really understand the problems with the teachings contained in the mulitorgasmic man. THe sexual teachings has fucked up sooooo many people.

Edited by markern

Yeah when I looked at the sexual practices I thought they were made quickly/dangerous.. And sorta've generalized all of his teachings.. I dont know him.. I dont really like what I've seen.

there are allot of problems with what Mantak Chia does, i think. Michael Winn admitted on his forum that Chia had never done the Kan and Li stuff from his books for instance. And then there is this thing about him plagiarizing his inner smile stuff from a Pranic healer in India, etc. Most of the good teachers I have met will tell you that allot of the stuff in his books is real, but you need allot of supervision and training to do it. Allot of people have hurt themselves doing the meditations from his books on their own. then there is the stem cell blood transfusion machine he has in thailand, which i find creepy. you find more weird stuff the deeper you dig.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I recently downloaded the Tien Tao chi kung pdf course (thanks enouch), and while printing it out I noticed how very similar the nature of the training is to Eric Yudelove's book on Daoist Yoga And Sexual Energy. It got me wondering if Mantak Chia had either recieved such instruction under the guidance of a proper master within said system, or simply commited plagiarism. Not saying that he did or anything, since I haven't read any of his books yet (the Tien Tao manual, now printed in full with all 9 levels, was copyrighted in '85).

I highly recommend all beginners, and those currently feeling lost and confused about what to do, to start with the Tien Tao manual, as it's a very complete course along with some Daoist history and cosmology, as well as warnings and guidelines about proper practice.

Edited by IMPERIAGO

I recently downloaded the Tien Tao chi kung pdf course (thanks enouch), and while printing it out I noticed how very similar the nature of the training is to Eric Yudelove's book on Daoist Yoga And Sexual Energy. It got me wondering if Mantak Chia had either recieved such instruction under the guidance of a proper master within said system, or simply commited plagiarism. Not saying that he did or anything, since I haven't read any of his books yet (the Tien Tao manual, now printed in full with all 9 levels, was copyrighted in '85).

I highly recommend all beginners, and those currently feeling lost and confused about what to do, to start with the Tien Tao manual, as it's a very complete course along with some Daoist history and cosmology, as well as warnings and guidelines about proper practice.

Did not Yudelove learn it from Mantak?

Did not Yudelove learn it from Mantak?

Absolutely. He is Chia's student.

Yudelove also lost his mind for a while from too much sorcery.

hope he is doing better

then there is the stem cell blood transfusion machine he has in thailand, which i find creepy. you find more weird stuff the deeper you dig.

I bet some one hundred years ago Radio and Television looked creepy to many: boxes out of which people spoke or made figures...

The stem cell blood transfusion machine is the most advanced technology in terms of using natural resources, combined with technology, to cure quite alot of diseases...

You can add to that that Tao Garden is one of the very-very few places in the world where Stem Cell therapy is aided by:

- zapping

- infrared treatment

- ozone therapy

- rife machine therapy

- nutrition counseling

- colonic detox

- parasite, virus and dangerous bacteria and mold cleansing

- a very good and sofisticated Qigong program that can help the patient recover a good deal of his/her Original Force - without it, the Stem cells don't have enough power to work... And without the above quoted therapeutic steps, the body would be too toxic for the Stem cells to begin working...

Someday I'd like to get my hands on some very detailed testimonials related to that particular Stem Cell program...

With the rest of the weird stuff is the same: not enough information... When you know how things work, it's plain and clear...

I bet some one hundred years ago Radio and Television looked creepy to many: boxes out of which people spoke or made figures...

The stem cell blood transfusion machine is the most advanced technology in terms of using natural resources, combined with technology, to cure quite alot of diseases...

You can add to that that Tao Garden is one of the very-very few places in the world where Stem Cell therapy is aided by:

- zapping

- infrared treatment

- ozone therapy

- rife machine therapy

- nutrition counseling

- colonic detox

- a very good and sofisticated Qigong program that can help the patient recover a good deal of his/her Original Force - without it, the Stem cells don't have enough power to work... And without the above quoted therapeutic steps, the body would be too toxic for the Stem cells to begin working...

Someday I'd like to get my hands on some very detailed testimonials related to that particular Stem Cell program...

With the rest of the weird stuff is the same: not enough information... When you know how things work, it's plain and clear...

maybe you should take another look at television, IT IS creepy.

I disagree with most the rest of what you said as well, although I am not above a little detoxing.

Edited by erdweir

'The Multi-Orgasmic Man' is where I first learned the sexual practice. I have never had any problems, only positive results. Whatever he may be I am grateful for the book as it changed my life for the better.

- zapping

- ozone therapy

- rife machine therapy

- nutrition counseling

- colonic detox

i can personally vouch for all of the above....

i took infra red out because i have not done any serious research on it.....

on a personal basis i can say mantak has been a little overzealous on the economic gain of his reputation......

(he made some remarks about making money that were not suitable for someone who is teaching the tao)

other than that...the teachings themselves are good....

they are tao....

Absolutely. He is Chia's student.

Yudelove also lost his mind for a while from too much sorcery.

hope he is doing better

Edited by Eric Yudelove

Do you know me? What do you know about my mind that would lead you to believe that I lost it from too much sorcery? Maybe from Michael Winn? Well Michael was always a bit jealous. LOL. We're both Senior Instructors in Mantak Chia's Healing Tao. However, I do not teach. I haven't for a long time, except to my wife, who calls me the Dragon Master. Anyway, I prefer to be a sorceror. Sometimes I'm a Taoist sorceror, sometimes not. Sometimes I play with dragons, sometimes I talk to Immortals. Sometimes I just watch TV.

You should always say nice things about a living sorceror. Thanks for your encouraging words.

I was one of Mantak Chia's 1st American students. I am the only person that Chia ever named a Master. I am not a Master in his Healing Tao system, but a Master in my own right for the system I created from his teachings as well as from other teachers, sources and my own input. Chia even gave me a Certificate, which is pretty unTaoist, but we didn't want anyone accusing me of having lost my mind from overdosing on too much Taoism.

Master Eric Yudelove

Oh yeah? you're a Taoist Sorcerer eh? Well I'm a Fugitive Adept from an Evil Hermetic Order,

and I'm going to report you for making threats, because that is most certainly what you just

did: "You should always say nice things about a living sorceror."

Why is it that anytime people start to think they have powers that cannot be reigned in by law,

they automatically lose any sense of morality? It's like they automatically think they can and

will get away with anything, so lose all moral compass completely. I used to see it all the time:

"Oh yes three times three....anything you do will come back on you three times stronger," and they

do it anyway.

What does it matter to you if somebody you don't even know says something like that on a forum?

It's not grand to be sure, but there are far better ways to handle it than to make threats.

And imo the people I knew in the Evil hermetic Order were not exactly totally sane, so I think

it's not unreasonable to think Sorcery could have a bad effect on a person's mind.

I do hope I'm not transgressing any forum rules. I'm a cult survivor, and this kind of thing

gets me riled.

Thank you Mr. Yudelove, now I know not to read any of your books.

Do you know me? What do you know about my mind that would lead you to believe that I lost it from too much sorcery? Maybe from Michael Winn? Well Michael was always a bit jealous. LOL. We're both Senior Instructors in Mantak Chia's Healing Tao. However, I do not teach. I haven't for a long time, except to my wife, who calls me the Dragon Master. Anyway, I prefer to be a sorceror. Sometimes I'm a Taoist sorceror, sometimes not. Sometimes I play with dragons, sometimes I talk to Immortals. Sometimes I just watch TV.

You should always say nice things about a living sorceror. Thanks for your encouraging words.

I was one of Mantak Chia's 1st American students. I am the only person that Chia ever named a Master. I am not a Master in his Healing Tao system, but a Master in my own right for the system I created from his teachings as well as from other teachers, sources and my own input. Chia even gave me a Certificate, which is pretty unTaoist, but we didn't want anyone accusing me of having lost my mind from overdosing on too much Taoism.

Master Eric Yudelove

did you not pull a samurai sword on the owner of a strip club on long island?

i saw the news article, it didn't exactly make you look sane.

is that the kind of thing a taoist "master" does?

and all of this boasting and posturing doesnt make you look very well balanced either.

I am well aware you are one of Chia's senior students, and I know your books as well, but in my opinion, a "master" is in control of themselves, their emotions, and their ego. you appear to have none of that going on. sorry to see that, Master Yudelove,

I meant what I said, I hope you feel better

Edited by erdweir

Thank you Mr. Yudelove, now I know not to read any of your books.

Word

Edited by erdweir

Come to think of it, this gives me an idea for a screenplay!

Oh oh, I can add this to my sword-fighting snow monkeys idea...

Sorry for going off topic...back to Mantak Chia....