Sign in to follow this  
Old Man Contradiction

How do you get more qi?

For simply building up the quantity Qi I believe Zhan Zhuang is the way to go. However other practices such as Qigong and Yoga can also help by regulating and unblocking channels in the body by inducing Qi flow. Qi flow, when it happens correctly will, apart from promoting health, also help facilitate and smoothen circulation within the body- leading to a gradual increase in the capacity to circulate and store higher concentrations of Qi in subsequent practice sessions.

At the same time we can help by regulating the quality of Qi by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and being mindful of our intake of food, drinks, air, emotions, thoughts etc. Getting enough sleep and eating and sleeping on time is also very important. This is facet many of us tend to overlook in the modern world; it is very hard to put in practice when you have a job and live in a big city. Raising the quality of Qi in yourself will make your body and mind more 'clean' and thus, more ready to accumulate greater amounts of Qi and circulate it.

Someone with a high concentration of Qi will stand out in some way or other in the company of those in whom Qi is relatively lacking. This is quite a natural side effect and will happen unless the person in question makes a conscious effort to 'hide' his presence by appearing unremarkable. Yi can be trained to be very focused by everyone, and it is all the more intense (and remarkable) if the person also has alot of Qi!

Thank you for your post.

At this time with my current body state, I too believe that ZZ is the best way to build up Qi. Thanks to all who post/write/discuss/analyze about ZZ.

Why do you separate ZZ from Qigong?

It's good to have a go-to routine that works out the kinks that zz brings to the surface. anything you enjoy physically will do. the more you enjoy it the better.

Edited by Spectrum

I think I get more qi through the IMA. If qi goes with yi, than zhan zhuang is where I get most qi out of my training. I exercise and heighten my Yi most easily in and after standing.

So, how do you get more qi?

You can get a lot of Qi through weight training; however, there is a downside to it: you'll make your body too Yang.

Guest sykkelpump

You can get a lot of Qi through weight training; however, there is a downside to it: you'll make your body too Yang.

I have done a lot of meditation,qi gong and weight training.meditation generates unlimited amounts of chi,qi gong also generate a little but I have never noticed weight training generate chi,i would say it actually does the opposite

I have done a lot of meditation,qi gong and weight training.meditation generates unlimited amounts of chi,qi gong also generate a little but I have never noticed weight training generate chi,i would say it actually does the opposite

sykkelpump,

I can be related to you on Qigong and weight training.

On unlimited amount of Chi generated by Meditation, I would like to know what method/technique of meditation are you using?

Thank you,

Your Tao Buddy

Zhan Zhuang tongue.gif and a bit of Ma Bu.

What is the difference?

I could see that being true. My question for you is this:

What experience do people misinterpret as somebody having a lot of qi?

For example, someone many times my lifetime older than me told me that you get packed full of qi to the point that people can sense it and don't want to mess with you. He talked about his own experience of people saying that he disrupted a room of people just by being there and of seeing that teacher has a lot of qi. Now, to my mind, that sounds more like yi. The intensity that can come at you through Sifu Fong's eyes is discomforting and would be scary in a fight. This comes from his yi. I want to meet other teachers, but definitely hope to meet other teachers with that intensity.

This is interesting! Last summer I practiced chi gung every mourning at 5;00 a.m.Spring Forest then Peng's stuff, ken Cohen's, sometimes with magnets attached to my dantien.Well, once while doing laundry at a public place since my dryer wasn't working. A lady sensed my qi- and kept staring at me. Daring me to indicate that I had knowledge of chi- kung.

Another person reconized my chi field from far away saying that guy has a lot of chi! He was from China studying at the University of Chicago.Once while walking in hyde park I encountered an elderly gentleman who placed his hand around his dantien and smiled at me.

Guest sykkelpump

sykkelpump,

I can be related to you on Qigong and weight training.

On unlimited amount of Chi generated by Meditation, I would like to know what method/technique of meditation are you using?

Thank you,

Your Tao Buddy

What is the difference?

I found anapanasati and white skeleton meditation to generate most chi.dont confuse anapanasati with deep breathing chi kung style

This is a test to see if I can offend someone.

Actually "more chi" is a misnomer. Lets call it more flow. More chi pressure. Reverse entropy .etc .etc. Storing/holding in chi is harmful.

I think that this is a very important and valid comment.

Peace & Love!

If you see a typical person that has done no qigong you may see that the energy field is weak and close in to the body. If you see a person that has done lots of qigong their energy field is vibrant and extends further away from the body. So how is it that a person cannot "store" qi? Of course it is a matter of refinement of the qi that exists already in the body combined with the ability to manipulate the qi from heaven and earth, but there is a storage factor as well. If the energy channels expand, and the vortices expand, what make them do so? More qi flowing through them. Where does this "more qi" come from if we do not store? Of course it has to do with the ability to manipulate the qi of heaven and earth, but there is also a storage factor. THEN it becomes a matter of vibration.

How do you get more qi?

Practice internal qigong combined with movement qigong.

How do you get where you can manipulate more qi?

Practice internal qigong and movement qigong AND develop INTENT through compassion, virtue, wu wei walking, and aligning oneself with the Divine.

How do you get more qi?

Practice internal qigong combined with movement qigong.

Do you truely believe that we can "get more Chi" or are we just utilizing the universal Chi that is constantly permeating our being?

Peace & Love!

Do you truely believe that we can "get more Chi" or are we just utilizing the universal Chi that is constantly permeating our being?

Peace & Love!

I thought I explained this above. Perhaps my explanation only makes sense to me :lol:

If we are "sick", or have never practiced energetics, our energy body will be weak, close-in and of low vibration. Our channels will be small with stagnations. The vortices will be small. There is no Dan Tian.

So we practice. We create Dan Tian. When we do energy actually gets denser. How would it get denser if no qi is stored? We continue to practice. The channels expand so more qi can flow. Where does this more qi come from?

The vortices become bigger. The energy centers become bigger. We get to where we can pull in more qi. Where does it go if we do not store? When Dan Tian gets really dense (actually weights more) and we work towards raising the vibration, then the qi expands upward, opening each energy center in turn, pops out of the top of the head and really connects us with home.

If there was no storage in the first place it is highly unlikely that all this would occur. THEN it is a matter of vibration level in order to tap into the levels of universal qi. If a person wishes to manipulate this then developed INTENT, virtue, Divine alignment, and walking in the Wu Wei must be practiced. The ability to manipulate this qi depends on all these factors. All this doesn't "just happen" because there is universal energy that is constantly permeating our being.

I thought I explained this above. Perhaps my explanation only makes sense to me :lol:

Thanks for the response. Yeah, sometimes I am a slow learner. Doesn't distract from what you said already.

The reason I asked is because I have not achieved an understanding of this to this point that satisfies me.

I have always had a problem with (not with the people, but with myself) people who have a stronger aurora than others have and the people who are more able to actually see these aurora of other people.

I have equated these aurora as Chi but I have never had an understanding of why there is the difference between different people.

So I must ask, and I am not questioning what you have said but I am questioning myself, do you honestly believe that we can accumulate and store Chi or is the naturally available Chi being concentrated?

I know that we can concentrate and center our Chi because I have done this. I also know that we can change the polarity of our own Chi and Chi that is entering our essence because I have done this as well.

But I have never considered the possibility of storing any of the Chi that permeates my essence.

Peace & Love!

Thanks for the response. Yeah, sometimes I am a slow learner. Doesn't distract from what you said already.

The reason I asked is because I have not achieved an understanding of this to this point that satisfies me.

I have always had a problem with (not with the people, but with myself) people who have a stronger aurora than others have and the people who are more able to actually see these aurora of other people.

I have equated these aurora as Chi but I have never had an understanding of why there is the difference between different people.

So I must ask, and I am not questioning what you have said but I am questioning myself, do you honestly believe that we can accumulate and store Chi or is the naturally available Chi being concentrated?

I know that we can concentrate and center our Chi because I have done this. I also know that we can change the polarity of our own Chi and Chi that is entering our essence because I have done this as well.

But I have never considered the possibility of storing any of the Chi that permeates my essence.

Peace & Love!

I believe that if you have concentrated and centered your qi then you have also brought in qi.

But what I would like to address is this:

and

The energy body; a controversial explanation of why it differs so much.

When we come to this world we do not all bring the same amount of energy with us. It depends on our Destiny. Let us define this word "Destiny" as "that which we choose to know and learn in order to progress BEFORE we come to this dimension.

So right off the bat we all do not have the same amount or density of an energy body. And furthermore it depends on how long one has been "cultivating" in other lifetimes. Of course this difference will also guide the "Destiny" choice.

So, we get here. We are "taught" by our peers, parents, and educational system that things are THIS WAY. But something inside us tells us, "Hmm, I think there is more to it than that." So we start seeking or "cultivating". The first part of this process involves awakening to who we really are, then finding and fulfilling our Destiny. When we do awaken to who we really are then we discover that we have a heritage. EACH person will discover that we are NOT all from the same "spiritual parents". In other words, there will be many different talents that we as a whole posses. The practice of internal qigong will awaken a person's natural talents, or as Master Wang liked to put it "Our Sacred Gifts". SO, if a person has the natural talent (their spiritual lineage) of SEEING then it will be very easy for them to see people's energy bodies, inside people's bodies, energy flow in and out of the body, etc. If that is not their particular natural talent then it will be much more difficult to SEE. But with practice, most people can to a certain extent but never to the extent that natural SEERS can. By the same token, natural SEERS may not have the ability to manipulate high level energetics whereas a person that has that natural talent will find it MUCH easier to do so.

When a person cultivates with internal qigong then they raise the vibrational frequency of their energy body. It gets denser and glows more brightly. With practice, one can control how much space the energy body displaces. But because of the glow and space displacement it is way too easy to draw too much attention to oneself. So the higher level arts teach us cloaking in addition to the ability to make the energy body dense or diffuse, larger or smaller. I teach every student how to cloak as to me it is a very important aspect of what we do - we do not want the distractions.

I'll stop here. Apparently most who read this will find it too controversial, will want to argue , or will have no interest in me continuing to ATTEMPT explanations which, when it comes right down to it are really just bullshit - one has to experience ALL this for themselves. However many lifetimes it takes.

Thak you very much, Ya Mu, for your response and explanation. I really do appriciate it!

I will think on this a bit and then decide if I want to further explore it further.

I have contact with a number of "healers" and this is one of the reasons I have this interest.

Thanks again.

Peace & Love!

I believe that if you have concentrated and centered your qi then you have also brought in qi.

But what I would like to address is this:

and

The energy body; a controversial explanation of why it differs so much.

When we come to this world we do not all bring the same amount of energy with us. It depends on our Destiny. Let us define this word "Destiny" as "that which we choose to know and learn in order to progress BEFORE we come to this dimension.

So right off the bat we all do not have the same amount or density of an energy body. And furthermore it depends on how long one has been "cultivating" in other lifetimes. Of course this difference will also guide the "Destiny" choice.

So, we get here. We are "taught" by our peers, parents, and educational system that things are THIS WAY. But something inside us tells us, "Hmm, I think there is more to it than that." So we start seeking or "cultivating". The first part of this process involves awakening to who we really are, then finding and fulfilling our Destiny. When we do awaken to who we really are then we discover that we have a heritage. EACH person will discover that we are NOT all from the same "spiritual parents". In other words, there will be many different talents that we as a whole posses. The practice of internal qigong will awaken a person's natural talents, or as Master Wang liked to put it "Our Sacred Gifts". SO, if a person has the natural talent (their spiritual lineage) of SEEING then it will be very easy for them to see people's energy bodies, inside people's bodies, energy flow in and out of the body, etc. If that is not their particular natural talent then it will be much more difficult to SEE. But with practice, most people can to a certain extent but never to the extent that natural SEERS can. By the same token, natural SEERS may not have the ability to manipulate high level energetics whereas a person that has that natural talent will find it MUCH easier to do so.

When a person cultivates with internal qigong then they raise the vibrational frequency of their energy body. It gets denser and glows more brightly. With practice, one can control how much space the energy body displaces. But because of the glow and space displacement it is way too easy to draw too much attention to oneself. So the higher level arts teach us cloaking in addition to the ability to make the energy body dense or diffuse, larger or smaller. I teach every student how to cloak as to me it is a very important aspect of what we do - we do not want the distractions.

I'll stop here. Apparently most who read this will find it too controversial, will want to argue , or will have no interest in me continuing to ATTEMPT explanations which, when it comes right down to it are really just bullshit - one has to experience ALL this for themselves. However many lifetimes it takes.

Ya mu, I'm curious I've had different encounters with seers, one was right on target the other was just picking up information that was inaccurate, let me explain.Someone started a rumor about me and I became indignant and it started to fester in my soul[thought life] especially since I attempt to live a righteous life. Well, this woman said[i over heard her]wait'' I'm getting something'' Now she was wrong in actuality but I had been thinking about others saying this shit about me. Which led me to think perhaps some people see into the astral realm or the thought forms that surround certain individuals. A kind of telepathy but not true prophetic insight.What do you think?

Any quick pointers for cloaking information? Chunny Lynn of spring forest instructed us to close thumb and index finger to seal energy within the body and keep others from stealing it. He also said it changes the color of the aura. Be well!

Ya mu, I'm curious I've had different encounters with seers, one was right on target the other was just picking up information that was inaccurate, let me explain.Someone started a rumor about me and I became indignant and it started to fester in my soul[thought life] especially since I attempt to live a righteous life. Well, this woman said[i over heard her]wait'' I'm getting something'' Now she was wrong in actuality but I had been thinking about others saying this shit about me. Which led me to think perhaps some people see into the astral realm or the thought forms that surround certain individuals. A kind of telepathy but not true prophetic insight.What do you think?

Any quick pointers for cloaking information? Chunny Lynn of spring forest instructed us to close thumb and index finger to seal energy within the body and keep others from stealing it. He also said it changes the color of the aura. Be well!

The thing is, if a person has not burned through the filters created through everything perceived and taught since day1, then what they "see" is not the true thing. In the example you give, it certainly does sound like the person was seeing thought.

Do not allow what anyone says to influence you so greatly. They don't know a thing about you even if they think they do. Be true to yourself - no need to give a damn what anyone else thinks. YOU are the only person YOU have to answer to.

Cloaking is a specific vibration.

The thing is, if a person has not burned through the filters created through everything perceived and taught since day1, then what they "see" is not the true thing. In the example you give, it certainly does sound like the person was seeing thought.

Do not allow what anyone says to influence you so greatly. They don't know a thing about you even if they think they do. Be true to yourself - no need to give a damn what anyone else thinks. YOU are the only person YOU have to answer to.

Cloaking is a specific vibration.

I'll try but...no promises other individuals picked up the lie and only now am I turning the tide by new individuals getting to know me. I have dirt like every human but mine is small and others are jeaulous because of that. Guys are angry that women want to talk and have sex with me, women become angry that I just won't sleep with them. This is compounded by the fact I know martial arts and recite a mantra[come and die devils! or I crush my enemies!] while meditating sometimes. Also I believe the only thing necessary for evil to prevail is to do nothing.

Lest you think me to heartless I also meditate on giving to the poor and helping others. The anger was very great, tearing up my knuckles on a heavy bag without using protection and it kept me up a few times robbing me of sleep...punching into bedroom walls.Then I stared reciting: work through the anger,work through the pain,relax,relax.It helped.But when I do neigong exercises the anger comes back...perhaps because of the energy.

I found anapanasati and white skeleton meditation to generate most chi.dont confuse anapanasati with deep breathing chi kung style

Thank you for your answers!

to get or not to get is problematic...

at some point it not that we really have the power or choose it per-se...

it is that it chooses us, which turns the getting type of motive on its head.

Om

I just wanted to warn against dikscounting anyone's system based on your own observations. In the case of Robert Bruce I have never heard of negetive responses to his classes or workshops, and on his website he has a forum where it seems many succesfully practice his methods and achieve, OBE.

Based on recent changes in my training, I believe that standing, test of power, and health dance are very effective means of achieving - possibly not more qi, but different energy. After training in the morning I have energy all day, after training at night I have too much energy to sleep. Maybe no more than before, but definitely different in quality.

Sign in to follow this