Sign in to follow this  
Old Man Contradiction

How do you get more qi?

Your heighten your "mind intention" after training? Yi is mind intent.

We usually say that the Shen guides the Qi and the Qi guides the body. In Zhan Zhuang the Shen is still and that is how the qi begins to flow.

This is Taoist alchemical theory. Motion comes from stillness. Once you are still the qi will flow naturally and your root will be stronger as well.

Wuji meditation, Taiji, Qigong and Wudang internal kung fu is how I get more qi and conserve it by being aware of leaking qi through lifestyle and awareness.

Training is not a few hours a day but 24/7/365

You must nourish the qi you build and be aware of what can cause damage to it through everyday living.

Tao Bless

Wudangspirit

I think I get more qi through the IMA. If qi goes with yi, than zhan zhuang is where I get most qi out of my training. I exercise and heighten my Yi most easily in and after standing.

So, how do you get more qi?

We usually say that the Shen guides the Qi and the Qi guides the body. In Zhan Zhuang the Shen is still and that is how the qi begins to flow.

This is Taoist alchemical theory. Motion comes from stillness. Once you are still the qi will flow naturally and your root will be stronger as well.

Wuji meditation, Taiji, Qigong and Wudang internal kung fu is how I get more qi and conserve it by being aware of leaking qi through lifestyle and awareness.

You must nourish the qi you build and be aware of what can cause damage to it through everyday living.

Tao Bless

Wudangspirit

I think I get more qi through the IMA. If qi goes with yi, than zhan zhuang is where I get most qi out of my training. I exercise and heighten my Yi most easily in and after standing.

Guest sykkelpump

Meditation generates unlimited amounts of chi.some people can do dan tien or skin breathing if their channels are somewhat open,and others never learn it.they just waste years on trying to learn it.meditation is the only secure way to generate chi.chi kung and yoga exercises are very good if you have something to circulate.if you are not doing meditation,there will be limited effect of the qi gong or yoga practice

This is an excellent book focused on stating the mind on its own is weak. Chi is created from the lower body energy but the foundation must first be the mind. Still the mind on its own won't do much. So this book focuses on the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" practice but the chi is created from "purification" of the energy down the front of the body through mind emptiness. I call this "ionization" -- since the sex energy has to be burned off into electromagnetic energy.

Standing exercise will do this as well but the microcosmic orbit will do the same. The full-lotus is like an active moving exercise as a sitting exercise since you put pressure on the legs, like you do when standing.

http://books.google.com/books?id=a_olqazEV...;q=&f=false

As the qi develops then it replaces food intake -- and the bigu diet kicks in -- which then further advances qi development until "real" meditation kicks in. That's when a master is needed since the chi will be very stronger and not suited to mundane reality. It's about chapter 10 in the above book.

I'd get a copy of this

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Work-Healing-...5411&sr=1-1

with an entirely western vocabulary, Bruce reveals an awful lot of tricks for opening up meridians throughout the body, especially hard-to-activate areas such as the feet and legs. This book has been well received by a number of members in here. It won't conflict with your orthodox training, but try not to mix things up too much.

Here's the coasttocoastam interview with Robert Bruce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQyNJSSrY5Y...feature=channel

Here he is doing his thing:

Here's a short book by Robert Bruce:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2425218/NEW-ENER...by-Robert-Bruce

I'd get a copy of this

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Work-Healing-...5411&sr=1-1

with an entirely western vocabulary, Bruce reveals an awful lot of tricks for opening up meridians throughout the body, especially hard-to-activate areas such as the feet and legs. This book has been well received by a number of members in here. It won't conflict with your orthodox training, but try not to mix things up too much.

Edited by drewhempel

Guest sykkelpump

Robert bruce is waste of time,you learn to generate diffrent feelings and to move them.dont confuse this with chi.belive me this is bullshit.do meditation and start making progress and not wasting time.stopping the thoughts is the only way you for sure will generate chi.also robert bruce useless chi development methods learn you to move chi against the meridian flow and will actually give nothing other than side effects.I tried his methods years ago and i was reading on his forum.very little sucess there but much side effects pressure in the head etc...that was before i really started to understand the principles of cultivation.

by the way i think it is scaring that a self proclaimed qi gong expert like drew hempel dont see that robert bruce is just bullshit

sykkelpump -- thanks for the feedback about Robert Bruce. He was recommended by someone else and so I, being open-minded, started digging to see what I could find. Your feedback is very helpful.

So you think Robert Bruce is fake? You think he just has an over-active imagination? Or do you just think his techniques don't enable others to have astral projection?

Robert bruce is waste of time,you learn to generate diffrent feelings and to move them.dont confuse this with chi.belive me this is bullshit.do meditation and start making progress and not wasting time.stopping the thoughts is the only way you for sure will generate chi.also robert bruce useless chi development methods learn you to move chi against the meridian flow and will actually give nothing other than side effects.I tried his methods years ago and i was reading on his forum.very little sucess there but much side effects pressure in the head etc...that was before i really started to understand the principles of cultivation.

by the way i think it is scaring that a self proclaimed qi gong expert like drew hempel dont see that robert bruce is just bullshit

Guest sykkelpump

I think his new energy methods doesent relay on real cultivation principles,and does not work.you only create fellings and learning how to move them.but it does not generate chi.just playing with sensations.

Yeah he talks about "vibrations" but that's just the electrochemical energy. I mean he hasn't mentioned strong electromagnetic energy that I can tell. So maybe he just has an overactive imagination? He's just now saying he's been to the dark side of the moon and seen the alien bases. Cough.

I think his new energy methods doesent relay on real cultivation principles,and does not work.you only create fellings and learning how to move them.but it does not generate chi.just playing with sensations.

Edited by drewhempel

Tao Bless

Wudangspirit

Not after training... after standing. During standing my intention is there (off and on, I need to work on this among a myriad of other things) it heightens then and after standing during Shi Li and any of the forms. Consciously of course, it doesn't happen on it's own.

The intention is the object-consciousness samadhi while the "emptiness" is the nirvikalpa or nondual samadhi. There's different levels to these two samadhis of course. Real "Emptiness" in Taoism means that the body is so full of electromagnetic energy that you no longer feel it and your body fills with light and then only pure consciousness remains in a post-death state. Only after that does "real" meditation begin yet most people immediately fall back out of the nirvikalpa samadhi or Emptiness state since before it happens you also have telepathy, telekinesis and precognition. If you use the powers then the ego attachment happens and you have to then go back to clear out the channels, etc.

Samadhi itself has two stages, samprajana-samadhi, or an enstasis where there is still object-consciousness, and asamprajata-samadhi or nirbija-samadhi, where there is no longer any object-consciousness (asamprajnata-samadhi became known later in Vedanta circles as nirvikalpa-samadhi).

Not after training... after standing. During standing my intention is there (off and on, I need to work on this among a myriad of other things) it heightens then and after standing during Shi Li and any of the forms. Consciously of course, it doesn't happen on it's own.

Tao Bless

Wudangspirit

Wudangspirit,

I like standing for it builds up qi a lot. But I also like sitting for Taoist cultivation.

Could you take some time if you can spare any to explain how sitting meditation lotus style effects your body?

The intention is the object-consciousness samadhi while the "emptiness" is the nirvikalpa or nondual samadhi. There's different levels to these two samadhis of course. Real "Emptiness" in Taoism means that the body is so full of electromagnetic energy that you no longer feel it and your body fills with light and then only pure consciousness remains in a post-death state. Only after that does "real" meditation begin yet most people immediately fall back out of the nirvikalpa samadhi or Emptiness state since before it happens you also have telepathy, telekinesis and precognition. If you use the powers then the ego attachment happens and you have to then go back to clear out the channels, etc.

Samadhi itself has two stages, samprajana-samadhi, or an enstasis where there is still object-consciousness, and asamprajata-samadhi or nirbija-samadhi, where there is no longer any object-consciousness (asamprajnata-samadhi became known later in Vedanta circles as nirvikalpa-samadhi).

Thank you very much for this information!

Sincerely,

wt

Full-lotus is the advanced practice. So you start with 3 times more standing active excerise than sitting meditation. Then you do more and more "small universe" practice or "microcosmic orbit" You can get the practice c.d. here for $10 -- just scroll down to Level 1 sitting meditation c.d.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/instructional_tools.htm

Or free download is here:

http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/audiobook/ch-ln-sprn-for-qgn.html for the "small universe" c.d.

So then the channels open up. Read this book on the "microcosmic orbit" for feedback on what this energy experience is like:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2672168/Mantak-C...through-the-Tao

Then you can start moving into full-lotus. As the practice advances then the third eye opens up. Read the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" for this advanced experience:

http://books.google.com/books?id=a_olqazEV...;q=&f=false

Then the macrocosmic orbit is open -- so the energy cycles through the pineal gland -- you transmit electromagnetic and then the full-lotus takes in the electrochemical energy creating a free energy cycle. As long as there's a steady supply of electrochemical energy then you do not need food, nor water and even deeper no sleep is necessary.

Wudangspirit,

I like standing for it builds up qi a lot. But I also like sitting for Taoist cultivation.

Could you take some time if you can spare any to explain how sitting meditation lotus style effects your body?

Thank you very much for this information!

Sincerely,

wt

I could understand telepathy and telekinesis, but I cannot understand how

precognition is possible. Please Drewhempel can you share your view on this?

Does it mean that "God/Tao" forces things to happen in this world? Or maybe because

everybody has really his own kind of world where some predetermined film has

been playing ever since birth? Or maybe because you grap telephatic intentions

of others in advance? Or because you "choose" to go into that kind of world?

How does it work?

playing from birth?

Edited by TTT

Actually telepathy and telekinesis are under-rated in the West. The terms are bandied about but the actual skill is very rare. Sure there are "synchronicities" and there's "intuition." I mean I regularly get thoughts of events which occur to me a few minutes before they happen in real time. That might be considered precognition. But once I had a dream which was so vivid I immediately wrote it down in detail while writing I thought it would predict the future. Sure enough, long after I forgot the dream, THREE YEARS LATER -- the dream came true in minute detail -- and such strange associations there's no way it was a coincidence.

Anyway real telepathy -- at a stabilized level -- only happens where there's very strong electromagnetic fields emanating from the middle of the brain -- the pineal gland. So when you have telepathy you exist within this field of energy which is really strong. People around you will be reacting strongly to your energy -- there's no way you can have this without making people be strongly affected -- because the electromagnetic fields are healing as well. I had telepathy and telekinesis after I did the 8 day fast taking only half a glass of water.

Precognition is a samadhi vision -- so if you have a dream that is more real than being awake and then a few days later the dream is experienced in "real time" while being awake -- I call this "Glitches in the Matrix." It's a freaky experience because you realize that being awake is actually just another dream state. Still it takes practice to know when it has happened in real time -- when you've had a vision of the future. Even if you don't know that it will happen in the future when it DOES happen then it's not new so you can react much more calmly. Pretty nice. So the vision can be in deep meditation or in an visionary dream.

The question is -- why does it happen? Is our life predetermined? How could minute details of our life be predicted three years in advance? The answer is that the ability to have precognition -- to travel in time into the future -- is based on the ability to delve very very deeply into our subconscious desires. Think of it in reverse -- it's easy to see how we've grown or learned from the past -- how something happened that we didn't understand and then only later we figured it out. So we've changed but in fact our future was SUBCONSCIOUSLY the means to solve our past. So in meditation we are solving our future -- ahead of time so to speak. It doesn't mean our future will be different necessarily but it does mean that when the future does happen it will have "double" impact -- it will reinforce the fact that the truth is neither the past nor the future, rather instead the "always already" -- the infinite consciousness beyond time.

I could understand telepathy and telekinesis, but I cannot understand how

precognition is possible. Please Drewhempel can you share your view on this?

Does it mean that "God/Tao" forces things to happen in this world? Or maybe because

everybody has really his own kind of world where some predetermined film has

been playing ever since birth? Or maybe because you grap telephatic intentions

of others in advance? Or because you "choose" to go into that kind of world?

How does it work?

playing from birth?

• Like 1

Thanks for this extensive answer drewhempel!

Edited by TTT

You do not "get more" of it but refine your awareness (yi) of what you pocess innately. It is a misconception that anyone pocesses more chi than anyone else.

You do not "get more" of it but refine your awareness (yi) of what you pocess innately. It is a misconception that anyone pocesses more chi than anyone else.

Hi, thank you for your input.

What if one innately possesses more Yi than others?

It may not be a question of getting more qi, but reducing blockages that prevent the free flow of what is already available. Stretching, joint loosening, silk reeling, shaking and bouncing exercises would probably be helpful in this regard.

I could see that being true. My question for you is this:

What experience do people misinterpret as somebody having a lot of qi?

For example, someone many times my lifetime older than me told me that you get packed full of qi to the point that people can sense it and don't want to mess with you. He talked about his own experience of people saying that he disrupted a room of people just by being there and of seeing that teacher has a lot of qi. Now, to my mind, that sounds more like yi. The intensity that can come at you through Sifu Fong's eyes is discomforting and would be scary in a fight. This comes from his yi. I want to meet other teachers, but definitely hope to meet other teachers with that intensity.

For simply building up the quantity Qi I believe Zhan Zhuang is the way to go. However other practices such as Qigong and Yoga can also help by regulating and unblocking channels in the body by inducing Qi flow. Qi flow, when it happens correctly will, apart from promoting health, also help facilitate and smoothen circulation within the body- leading to a gradual increase in the capacity to circulate and store higher concentrations of Qi in subsequent practice sessions.

At the same time we can help by regulating the quality of Qi by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and being mindful of our intake of food, drinks, air, emotions, thoughts etc. Getting enough sleep and eating and sleeping on time is also very important. This is facet many of us tend to overlook in the modern world; it is very hard to put in practice when you have a job and live in a big city. Raising the quality of Qi in yourself will make your body and mind more 'clean' and thus, more ready to accumulate greater amounts of Qi and circulate it.

I could see that being true. My question for you is this:

What experience do people misinterpret as somebody having a lot of qi?

For example, someone many times my lifetime older than me told me that you get packed full of qi to the point that people can sense it and don't want to mess with you. He talked about his own experience of people saying that he disrupted a room of people just by being there and of seeing that teacher has a lot of qi. Now, to my mind, that sounds more like yi. The intensity that can come at you through Sifu Fong's eyes is discomforting and would be scary in a fight. This comes from his yi. I want to meet other teachers, but definitely hope to meet other teachers with that intensity.

Someone with a high concentration of Qi will stand out in some way or other in the company of those in whom Qi is relatively lacking. This is quite a natural side effect and will happen unless the person in question makes a conscious effort to 'hide' his presence by appearing unremarkable. Yi can be trained to be very focused by everyone, and it is all the more intense (and remarkable) if the person also has alot of Qi!

make more space available inside - taking out the garbage

Simple, eloquent, but so true... ;)

Kinda like "Inner Fengshui"

Hi, thank you for your input.

What if one innately possesses more Yi than others?

it may suggest one possesed of strong mind may spontaneously perform methods of working out blockages which inhibit chi flow

Sign in to follow this