http://www.universal...-astrology.html

http://www.universal...iveElements.php

http://www.healingda...ng_reading.html

I cannot emphasize enough how important is this... to live a normal happy life

And then, balance yourself:

http://www.tao-garde...entsCDmenu.html

Edited by steam

:) For any beginner in the Taoist arts, this first: "Know thyself"

I think it does have a connection with what you wrote in your signature, it's what could make it work. Because even if you respect all the instructions below, you still have to deal with your conditioning, which is much deeper than the mind alone. It's organic... One way is to rectify it with Qigong and Martial Arts, which is External Alchemy. Another way is to rectify it with Inner Alchemy. The middle way I think would be to rectify it with Nutrition - we need to eat at least 2-3 times a day, so we have plenty of oportunities to practice. I have to admit that what he says is right: if you understand IT and put it into practice, the whole pattern of the energy of your inner organs improves. It's a progress that needs alot of gongfu, it's measured in years.

One daoist master I respect once said that it's easier to move a mountain from one place to another, than to change/transform a person's temper and character...

"1. Rely not on the teacher/person, but on the teaching.

2. Rely not on the words of the teaching, but on the spirit of the words.

3. Rely not on theory, but on experience.

4. Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.

5. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.

6. Do not believe anything because it is spoken and rumored by many.

7. Do not believe in anything because it is written in your religious books.

8. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

9. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Kalama Sutta

+ Rely not on what you think, and rely not on what you feel.

Nice intro for beginners by Chia. :)

I checked out his site and he has a Bazi calculator that includes some non-beginner stuff too (the Hidden Stems) but without any explanations (as usual -- if you want to paint a master into a corner ask him/her how exactly they determine which Branches generate Hidden Stems and how exactly. A million-dollar question.) Do you (or anyone) happen to know if he has anything anywhere on the system he uses to calculate these? It's actually pretty advanced FS and I'm having trouble reconciling systems used by different masters.

Yes there are variations of the calculations. For example, a couple of years ago, prior to the workshop with M Chia, there was a seminar on feng shui and four pillars by a German FS teacher. Of course M Chia was asked about what does he think of the method of calculation and implications on practice. His answer was that it didn't matter so much how the calculation is done, but how can you work to improve your inner organ qi. It's interesting, because the system taught by the German teacher looks more accurate, yet is not so connected with solving the problem that it merely points out. The system I'm talking about is Joseph Yu's, a teacher with an fascinating story...

It's just male sexual frustration because Chia tells guys to fondle their balls as retention practice. haha.

Thanks for the links. I have never understood why so many people at TaoBums hate on Chia so much.

Yes there are variations of the calculations. For example, a couple of years ago, prior to the workshop with M Chia, there was a seminar on feng shui and four pillars by a German FS teacher. Of course M Chia was asked about what does he think of the method of calculation and implications on practice. His answer was that it didn't matter so much how the calculation is done, but how can you work to improve your inner organ qi. It's interesting, because the system taught by the German teacher looks more accurate, yet is not so connected with solving the problem that it merely points out. The system I'm talking about is Joseph Yu's, a teacher with an fascinating story...

I know and highly respect Joseph Yu's system, I was wondering if anyone knows what Chia does to come up with his version of the Hidden Stems and why. It's not trivial, because it reveals whether the master understands qi in any depth or not. I put someone's chart through Chia's calculator and it shows Dry Earth leaking into Water in a hidden stem. This can't be.

Sign in to follow this