Sign in to follow this  
awake

Important Question About Energy

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I've been here, but its not been so long since I've been in contact with you.

Through lessons learned in the powerful DHE 2000 program by Richard Bandler (not a spiritual program by "label" but a very strong shortcut with meditation), I have learned to be able to "catch" feelings as they pass by, and hold onto them, feeling them, and amplifying them slightly.

However, it is much easier for me to do this with negative feelings. It is my theory that is because these are built up remnants of the past, which are blocking me from doing so with positive feelings.

Pursuing this avenue has made me feel a lot more in general, over a short time. I get much more of those moments of noticing real beauty in nature, and the positive things I do feel are marginally more powerful.

I wonder if any of you have done similar work with feeling your negative feelings as they come up, and keeping them there to feel them more (not through recalling the reasons why you are feeling that way, but just simply feeling them), and if you have learned it is more beneficial to simply do so with the positive feelings, and try to amplify them, or if it is necessary to explore these negative feelings first?

I also wonder if there is any guide in the city of Toronto or Scarborough, Canada, that I could physically go to visit for guidance in this area.

Thank you.

Have you considered The Sedona Method? It is a way of working with thoughts and emotions so that you can hold on to them while you want and release them when you choose to. It is possible your local library will have materials on getting started or that they can get something for you through interlibrary loan.

I've been aware of Sedona as an option for a while, and have access to the teachings behind it.

However, as I understand it, Sedona applies a secondary concept, "releasing", to the feeling.

My intention is to "feel the feeling through" to its necessary course - I think if it'll be ready to go away, it will be when it naturally feels right to transform into something or whatever really happens, not when i choose a time to apply some technique to it.

Though I am still searching for answers, I don't know if either way is right.

I have spoken with people who do Sedona though, and they, mostly, have very short fuses. I wonder if this is a side effect.

Thanks for your input.

In order to release the feeling - correctly - it is necessary to first fully accept the feeling. It can't be just about making it go away. That often doesn't come through for a lot of people who practice The Sedona Method. Full acceptance and release are one of those sides-of-a-coin sorts of pairs. The basic method starts by listing several emotions and ranking them from low energy emotions to higher energy emotions. It suggests thinking of something to bring up each kind of emotion as practice for fully releasing it. When you release a negative emotion, you become a bit more free of it. When you release something positive, it tends to grow stronger. It can be helpful to know that you can feel free to fully accept / release anything.

The feelings are with the organs of the body -- so you can feel your organs get activated -- fear is kidney, sadness is lung, worry is pancreas, overexcitement is reproductive and then the heart connection, anger is the liver.

So the reverse breathing will then release the feelings -- bringing the yang energy from the upper body down to the yin electrochemical energy of the lower body -- the electrochemical energy is the emotional energy. The reverse breathing then transforms the feeling and the mind follows the breath.

The microcosmic orbit or small universe is the practice to transform the feelings using the mind to guide the energy.

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I've been here, but its not been so long since I've been in contact with you.

Through lessons learned in the powerful DHE 2000 program by Richard Bandler (not a spiritual program by "label" but a very strong shortcut with meditation), I have learned to be able to "catch" feelings as they pass by, and hold onto them, feeling them, and amplifying them slightly.

However, it is much easier for me to do this with negative feelings. It is my theory that is because these are built up remnants of the past, which are blocking me from doing so with positive feelings.

Pursuing this avenue has made me feel a lot more in general, over a short time. I get much more of those moments of noticing real beauty in nature, and the positive things I do feel are marginally more powerful.

I wonder if any of you have done similar work with feeling your negative feelings as they come up, and keeping them there to feel them more (not through recalling the reasons why you are feeling that way, but just simply feeling them), and if you have learned it is more beneficial to simply do so with the positive feelings, and try to amplify them, or if it is necessary to explore these negative feelings first?

I also wonder if there is any guide in the city of Toronto or Scarborough, Canada, that I could physically go to visit for guidance in this area.

Thank you.

@Inedible: I have been recommended sedona a fwe times... As it is, I've been feeling these feelings for a few days or so, and don't feel ready to 'release' them yet - and I am uncovering other bad feelings I haven't had in a while.

Also it is fairly difficult for me to concentrate on just one negative feeling right now - other ones keep popping up and cycling through them.

I will look through this firstly.

@drewhempel: I was doing the reverse breathing I learned from the golden flower meditation, and i got really light headed at one point, and felt a bit peaceful afterwards. I googled the term, and found one about breathing in while also contracting the stomach, etc. Is that the one?

I'll try this after I listen to Sedona.

Until then, I think it is better to feel the bad feelings through than try and get rid of them - I think they're there for a reason.

Does anyone else have input? I would think there would be more response on a forum like this.

@Inedible: I have been recommended sedona a fwe times... As it is, I've been feeling these feelings for a few days or so, and don't feel ready to 'release' them yet - and I am uncovering other bad feelings I haven't had in a while.

Also it is fairly difficult for me to concentrate on just one negative feeling right now - other ones keep popping up and cycling through them.

I will look through this firstly.

@drewhempel: I was doing the reverse breathing I learned from the golden flower meditation, and i got really light headed at one point, and felt a bit peaceful afterwards. I googled the term, and found one about breathing in while also contracting the stomach, etc. Is that the one?

I'll try this after I listen to Sedona.

Until then, I think it is better to feel the bad feelings through than try and get rid of them - I think they're there for a reason.

Does anyone else have input? I would think there would be more response on a forum like this.

Man i've seen bandler's stuff, it's great. It's the same as qigong just a different way of looking at it. Yeah u can multiply the same good feeling like you can the bad. I think it depends on how your feeling at a certain time. If you are always multiplying good feelings, then you are more often than not feeling good - then when a bad feeling comes it only drops you down a level or 2... u don't 'feel' bad. Sometimes anger feels great! Sometimes i get pissed off from the asian culture in china and i just want to start smashing gooks. If i relax for a second it actually does feel good that feeling. But the only problem is if you keep that feeling up too long it will waste your energy and it's easier to become ill. Just swap and change around and have all the feelings, dabble and play with the chemicals in your body. Thats whats life for... doing everything you possibly can - as long as you don't hurt others!

It doesn't matter if you keep the bad feelings or good feelings, both are ok, keep playing with them all it's all part of the fun. Like bandler says, it's only when you don't like feeling the bad feelings any more that they become a problem and you can try to remove them.

Sign in to follow this