NeiChuan

Ice Cream and Qi gong.

I eat ice cream rarely because I figure energy wise your body has to tend to the cold food.

But I have some candy bar ice cream.. I took a chance once in 7 months (Maybe a bit extreme) and it was gooood.

Now its been two days.. I just finished training.

Should I have another cup?

I eat ice cream rarely because I figure energy wise your body has to tend to the cold food.

But I have some candy bar ice cream.. I took a chance once in 7 months (Maybe a bit extreme) and it was gooood.

Now its been two days.. I just finished training.

Should I have another cup?

:huh:

It probably isn't as bad as the books say it is.

Actually cold food is considered not only bad but dangerous -- ice can kill because of the scorching effect -- just like a reallly hot pan under cold water can ruin it. Master Chunyi Lin warns against taking in ice and also Master Ni, Huan-chi tells a story about a Tai-Chi master who won a competition and at the award acceptance he was offered an ice cold coke so he downed it, then died.

I dont remember reading about it.. Just figured.

Actually cold food is considered not only bad but dangerous -- ice can kill because of the scorching effect -- just like a reallly hot pan under cold water can ruin it. Master Chunyi Lin warns against taking in ice and also Master Ni, Huan-chi tells a story about a Tai-Chi master who won a competition and at the award acceptance he was offered an ice cold coke so he downed it, then died.

I put 1/2 lb. of frozen blueberries in my protein shake every morning. It is really good! :D

ralis

Well now Ice cream can kill me. That candy bar ice cream sounded really good too :lol:

I think I'll continue to eat ice cream.. But I am quitting soda.

Drew,

Don't you ever watch football games? Especially in hot weather there are large tubs of Gatorade and ice. The players guzzle it down. No one dies.

ralis

I think he means it has to do with being a practicioner.

I mean a take a cold shower a week.. Not afraid of the cold.. I'd just suppose ingesting it when you cultivate could be a problem.

I mean a take a cold shower a week.. Not afraid of the cold.. I'd just suppose ingesting it when you cultivate could be a problem.

Sounds like cultivation makes one too fragile and sensitive.

ralis

fun thread oh eat all the ice cream you want and work it off.

part of my daily practice, when cultivating only that.

Mantak Chia was asked how does he know he's building the spirit body? He answered because he feels a hot sensation in his stomach. That's just the start but then you build an electromagnetic ball in the stomach.

So then it increases and is like the Leidenfrost Effect -- when you throw water on a hot skillet the water bounces around in balls -- dancing -- because it's SO HOT that a plasma forms through instantaneous vaporization. The plasma creates a barrier against the heat.

The plasma is the shen or laser holographic spirit body.

So there's three levels of the chi -- there's the bliss heat (electrochemical kundalini) and then there's the Tai-Chi master level which is the "zapping" electromagnetic and then there's the more powerful laser-holographic shen spirit body.

So the Tai-chi master works with a lower level of chi than a real qigong master who focuses on the shen or laser-holographic energy.

Still any energy blockage has to be transformed. So a real qigong master like Wang, Liping -- they eat very little food and if they do eat it is then raw food, etc.

They can take in any type of food -- even deadly poison is one of the tests that Chunyi Lin had to take to get his "international qigong master" certification from the government. One of the other students said that Chunyi Lin said that.

Another story Chunyi Lin mentions is when the local town drunk challenged him since Chunyi Lin doesn't drink alcohol and in China you have to drink to be a "real man." So they had to drink 6 bottles of wine each so Chunyi Lin just transferred all the alcohol in his wine to the town drunk -- so it was 12 to 0.

From what I've heard, eating cold food is particularly damaging after qigong or sex. So, you're supposed to wait several hours first.

Some of the bad effects may not be immediately obvious, either - but become more visible with aging - like developing varicose veins, for example.

The older people get, the more of the difference you will notice in how their lifestyles actually affected them. That is why qigong cultivators following qigong "rules" appear to have found the fountain of youth as they get older while their mainstream American counterparts simply...get older and in worse shape.

From what I've heard, eating cold food is particularly damaging after qigong or sex. So, you're supposed to wait several hours first.

that is my understanding as well, however after chigung there is usually a strong urge for me to drink cold water or eat cold sour fruit. It is probably because I think i naturally have a lot of firery energy, and I dont have that much yin, so possibly an attemptby my body to replenish burned off yin or something like that.

Is this just about ice or cold drinks as a whole? - I sure do like a cold heineken every other month...

*sigh i guess that has to go too... So i'm left with luke warm water and saliva *SIGH :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by effilang

I guess I have to heat the frozen blueberries and have a hot protein shake? Yuk!

ralis

If you are cold, what does your body do? It moves the blood to the core, away from the extremities. This reduces the blood circulation. Good circulation is important for health. It is that simple.

Older Chinese people and qigong teachers recommend drinking warm or hot drinks as they help the circulation. This is particularly the case in the winter.

Very cold drinks are not recommended, though cool drinks when it is hot are not going to be a problem.

So there's three levels of the chi -- there's the bliss heat (electrochemical kundalini) and then there's the Tai-Chi master level which is the "zapping" electromagnetic and then there's the more powerful laser-holographic shen spirit body.

No, not at all. Speculation, and based on incorrect assumptions.

a Tai-Chi master who won a competition and at the award acceptance he was offered an ice cold coke so he downed it, then died.

well then that Tai chi Master was a Bogus Tai chi master.

And his Chi Sucked.

So guys, I just figured out the trick.

You gotta put HOT fudge in with the ICE cream, then you have ALCHEMY in your mouth!