agentofchaos

Qigong in Toronto

I'm looking for information on the best place to learn qigong in Toronto, Canada. I can't spend a fortune, but I only want to learn from somewhere with a good reputation. I've continuously heard that improper use of qigong and related practices can be harmful and dangerous, so needless to say, I'd want to know I was learning from some one who was very experienced and highly qualified. The only problem is I don't have any way of knowing which places are good and which I should stay away from (if any). Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated.

Hello Agent,

I went up to study the Shibashi (18 Movements of Tai Chi Qigong) form in a workshop with Sifu Wing Cheung in Markham last year. I really enjoyed it, and thought he was a solid instructor. His web site is http://www.taichi18.com/.

Another teacher in the area that I've heard good things about, but haven't studied with personally is Master Helen Wu.

With the large Chinese population in the area, there are probably many other interesting teachers around. Good luck!

There should be a Wuji Qigong group there in Toronto. I visited them in the 90s. Unfortunately, I don't know how to contact them.

This should be free or cost little for instruction. Keep a look out, I'm sure there still there.