Hyrdo

acid/LSD question

Was wondering in the event that i do try acid what i might should know to get the most out of it spiritually/philosophically.

(in before "don't do it, its bad for you")

Was wondering in the event that i do try acid what i might should know to get the most out of it spiritually/philosophically.

I wouldn't if I were you, but if you really must.

Lasts for 8/10 hours+ depending on strength and the last hours are filled with paranoia. And there's no getting off the ride if it's a shit one.

If you have some unknown mental instability it can really bring it out. Acid is for life, not just for Christmas, stays in your body forever, although the effects don't, dependent on if it had some serious psychological effects at the time.

I wouldn't bother if I were you, some practices way exceed the effects of LSD.

Easy for me to say I suppose. Once was enough. :blink:

Don't bother doing it.... there is no need at all. But if you do then I have a very important experiment I would like you to try. You must buy a fractal picture before the trip. It has to be a proper fractal image and I would say get one on paper to try before using your computer to search. Have a sitter BTW.

You need a specific type of fractal so please send me a pic of the one you have prior so I can check. This one is perfect;

fract.png

Many years ago I did extensive experimentation into a strange phenomena that occurred while me and some friends where on acid. We experienced group hallucinations and physic ability and somehow were able to manifest real physical changes instantly (verified when not tripping :-)). We even projected our 'state' to a colony of cockroaches and they were all directly influenced by our intention. It's a long story but fear made us stop in the end.

Anyway... with a fractal like the one I have posted, put it on the ground and when you are peaking in your trip, sit and look at the fractal. You need a decent trip BTW so don't do half a tab (let me know what you get and I can have an idea). What will happen (or appear to happen) is a gateway will open up in the floor and the fractal will begin to submerge you. You will then begin to disappear. At this point you might become terrified but the absolute KEY is not to become afraid. Fear will change everything! You will become all that is. The rainbow of reality.

Let me know what happens... you won't be the same after (ever) so think hard about it. Somehow, the correct type of fractal changes everything. I have some theory as to why but as I said we stopped...

We even projected our 'state' to a colony of cockroaches and they were all directly influenced by our intention.

Yes this is what acid can do for you :D:D:D

Biff, was wondering if you would want to put more description in the cockroach thing, it sounds interesting. Also could be a while before a try it, if i do. I'll probably try your suggested experiment if i do tho and try to get back to you.

The main thing im interested in with the acid is the ego death.

Yes this is what acid can do for you :D:D:D

Messing with hallucinogens is not something I really recommend though. It is not needed at all. It's definitely not a joke for sure!

There is no magic bullet. Sometimes there are consequences too. Anyone considering should ask themselves why. It's almost like starving yourself to loose weight. You will for sure but it is dangerous, will not last and while you are weak you are open like a Gay's anus.

Shamans that use these things do not just use these things. If you take that path the teacher will install a worm in you (yes for real!) you have protection and real guidance. The Shaman will usually cough up something fro his own belly and you will swallow it etc.

A true and safe alchemical path is steady safe and done over time. You are creating a nectar cycle and there should be 'real alchemy' going on inside you. It's not just sensations and energy. You are a cooking pot!! and a gateway between dimensions.

Lasts for 8/10 hours+ depending on strength and the last hours are filled with paranoia. And there's no getting off the ride if it's a shit one.

If you have some unknown mental instability it can really bring it out. Acid is for life, not just for Christmas, stays in your body forever, although the effects don't, dependent on if it had some serious psychological effects at the time.

I wouldn't bother if I were you, some practices way exceed the effects of LSD.

Easy for me to say I suppose. Once was enough. :blink:

I was 18 when I first took acid in 1978. I loved it, absolutely loved it. My friends and I did a boatload of drugs back then. Alcohol was by far the worst thing I could've indulged in; I was a raging alcoholic by 19, but got lucky and quit drinking before I was 22.

Ninpo's assessment is an accurate one and applies to a section of the population. It is completely inaccurate for others. I probably did it 20 times as a wild youngster and had nothing but extraordinarily pleasant, moving, interesting, fun, insightful trips every time. You would think that a 19 year-old with a history of child abuse and alcoholism would meld with LSD and create nightmarish experiences, but I found the experience a consistently moving and spiritual experience. My only explanation for this is that one of the most common experiences is what they call "depersonalization." The psychological boundaries between self and non-self just melt away, leaving you with an experience of non-duality, a temporary abolishment of subject-object relations that is the hallmark of unity and non-dualistic thinking. You become "One with Everything," even for a few artificailly induced hours. In cases like mine, this is a profoundly moving and exhilirating event. For others, the temporary dissolution of the ego is about as terrifying as it gets.

Of course, the wisest course one could take, after acquiring a glimpse of non-duality, however pharmaceutically contrived, is to pursue the nondualistic state of mind without drugs, with meditation and bodymind disciplines (and I am convinced that a combination of Taoist internal alchemy and Buddhist mind training techniques are the most advanced tools available on earth, but that's why I'm in here in the first place).

The fun part is the synesthesia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia I was tripping in an ancient riverbed an hour's south of Denver one evening, trying to merge with Gaia, the earth Goddess, imagining the earth as one vast sleeping creature, when the boulder I was sitting on started breathing beneath me. It was powerful, fun, fascinating. It gave me an insight into what the human nervous system is capable of under artifical inducements, but, I CAN'T EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH, you gotta put this genie back in the bottle soon.

If you simply must go forward with it, seek out advice from those who have experience. Ask them to candidly offer an assessment of your psychological profile. If you're a very young soul, you may be in for a rough ride. If you have an unquenchable thirst for inner and outer knowledge, then it may be a safe bet, because passionate curiosity is one of a handful of signs of authentic spiritual aspiration and spiritual maturity.

I would also encourage you to have your first hallucinogenic experience with mushrooms instead of LSD. I don't know what the quality of acid is these days, but mushrooms will leave you feeling better after you wind down. LSD tends to leave you feeling a little tense, with a persistent feeling of having something stuck in the back of your throat.

One of my best friends and one of the smartest women I know is ready to jump on the nei kung bandwagon, both for herself and her son. She said in perfectly calm and cogent terms that her 20 year old son is in his "hallucinogenic experiment phase" but he's an awfully bright kid and very mature and she didn't seem alarmed in the least bit that he was doing irreparable psychological damage.

If you honestly feel healthy enough psychologically to try it out, then get it out of your system. Otherwise, seek out personal advice from someone who knows you well enough to be objective.

Edited by Blasto

The main thing im interested in with the acid is the ego death.

Be very careful. Trust me you do not want it like that. If you are crazy enough to want instant ego death, Saliva is the tool. I actually feel bad even posting this shit.

I heard once that there was a Chinese curse to instantly take away a persons karma. Can you handle that? Tell you what, Ya Mu is more qualified to talk to you about this. He has taken the path of the Shaman and knows that hallucinogens are not needed.

If you train right the internal processes or alchemy will eventually release DMT from the pineal when the Yin from below hits the Yang in your head. Patience is probably worth it.

I've seen and known several people permanently fried from acid. Ayahausca analog is much better. Careful though it's VERY VERY VERY powerful.

http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/mimo...rema-p-289.html

Make sure you do a lot of research before trying any real DMT plants and you might want to go to the Amazon and have a guide, etc.

http://www.singingtotheplants.com/

Be very careful. Trust me you do not want it like that. If you are crazy enough to want instant ego death, Saliva is the tool. I actually feel bad even posting this shit.

I heard once that there was a Chinese curse to instantly take away a persons karma. Can you handle that? Tell you what, Ya Mu is more qualified to talk to you about this. He has taken the path of the Shaman and knows that hallucinogens are not needed.

If you train right the internal processes or alchemy will eventually release DMT from the pineal when the Yin from below hits the Yang in your head. Patience is probably worth it.

Yep, the Pineal gland is where it's at. It's a slower path, but when it kicks in...!!!! :D:D:D

My brow chakra consistently throbs at will during my daily meditations now. It's been about a week. Things are definitely getting interesting.

Edited by Blasto

The 'precipice' is there, pregnant with potential - if you choose to

leap over/into this particular one, who can stop you? But i hope you

do it with the full realization that there are always other 'gaps' available

for you to explore, with slightly brighter horizons.

You might succeed in your quest thru experimenting with substances,

but i seriously have reservations that you would be any wiser for it.

I would rather you consider the healthier and wiser alternatives - like

'killing' the ego thru analytical/meditational contemplation?

Please check these clips out for the sake of reflection:--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTb2kp9Y4Is...EB&index=62

Just my thoughts. :)

All the best!

Wow, didnt even think that was posible, sounds very interesting.

I really hate defining myself now but yeah it seems as tho my mind has like mild ADD and little patience. I feel as tho its my subconscious enforcing this even more but not sure how to unprogram it. I'll like try chi gong or simple meditations but i dont feel like i get anything from them. Seems so hard for me to clear my mind. Also, i dont have the meens to eat healthy so im sure thats not helping. Recently iv been really focusing on letting go of my ego. I had always wanted to try cid but now i feel even more incentive.

maby you or someone could help me from that little rant?

I agree. Psychedelics can be risky.

If given the chance to redo my life, i might not do them again..

although i'm not sure, because

maybe i benefited from them in the sense that they might have helped me to intuitively understand

the process of dying better, as well as helped me to have faith in meditation (the process of taking back

control by letting go)

i think that if one uses them, one should better only use them for a short period intheir life

and then move on. maybe one should not even use them at all, not sure.

if you do end up doing them and having a positive experience,

don't go out recommending to everyone how great they are...

because i've recommended them to people who i thought were responsible and smart enough

to get from them what i - at the time - thought i was getting out of them...

and they really didn't react well to them.

I think that if regular meditation doesn't work (fast enough) for someone, then that person could use some temporary spiritual experience to help strengthen the faith in meditation.

I believe that faith in a certain method is the key to succes. Because faith is what will remember you to

do the practice, and it is what will give you the energy to do the practice.

Chanting mantras (power sounds), basic breathing practices, sexual orgasms and trance dancing

can give similar spiritual experiences that psychedelics can. So maybe it's better to try those first

before trying psychedelics.

the last hours are filled with paranoia.

only if one allows paranoia to live inside oneself.

"back in the day" i have had several totally paranoid bad trips,

but i had many trips where i was just blissfully aware the whole time and did not allow

any kind of fear or stress to go inside me.

If you have some unknown mental instability it can really bring it out.

yes, this is probably the #1 arguments against psychedelics and it is a very good one.

Acid stays in your body forever

this is a myth i think

before the trip,

read some nisargadatta at http://www.nonduality.com/asmi.htm

do some focusing/mindfullness/selfinquiry meditation before the trip, as taught in zen/vipassana/nisargadatta.

during the trip: do that same kind of meditation

make sure you have a sitter not too far away from you, but the sitter must be cool.

you don't need a paranoid or scared sitter.

preferably, even if the sitter is cool - it would be nice if he is not in the same room or house as you.

this way it will be you by yourself which is optimal for meditaition.

you can listen to the ambient or progressive channel at

http://www.psychedelik.com in the beginning of the trip,

it will keep you busy and help you go into the trip very smoothly.

in the middle of the trip, you can try putting the music off and just focusing on yourself.

you can let go of the "ego" very easily by simply focusing your mind and seeing that

- in a sense - you are not your thoughts and not your body.

if you encounter any thing that you are affraid off,

just pray for - and have faith in - strength and love.

the world of fear is a game of intimidation.

it can start as something very little and innocent and very quickly grow into a very big

monster that could potentially torture you with the most paranoid illusions.

you can choose not to have any of that by believing in strength and love through focusing your mind.

if you have faith in strength and love, fear can not in any way take hold of you.

in case things do go awry, eating some benzo's will help smoothen things out.

maybe ayahuasca is indeed better than LSD, i had better results with it than with LSD and mushrooms

but that could also have been because i used the ayahuasca at a later point in life where i was a

little more developed compared to when I'd done LSD and mushrooms.

Be very careful. Trust me you do not want it like that. If you are crazy enough to want instant ego death, Salvia is the tool.

Salvia, like DMT, is too instant.

With acid, mush and aya it happens fast but at leasts it goes slow enough to

see what exactly is happening.

I believe that ego-death happening naturally is a lot like ego-death during psychedelics.

Some fear may arise :)

i wouldn't go to such lenght's as to manipulate my brain to release more DMT than normal.

i doubt such thing is healthy and also think it would become just another attachment.

holding on to attachments keeps ego intact.

Edited by zazaza

yeah, zazaza iv still been studying Nisargadatta sence you linked it to me, so happy for it.

Drew i wanted to try DMT a while back but was never able to harness it ,heh. I dont think i could really grow much on my land and am too much of a bum to buy the stuff to make it grow.

Cowtao, im watchin thos links now.

thx heaps for the replys all.

One thing i dont understand is if underneath, im not my ego ,but ultimate awareness or w/e shouldn't i be able to stop the show on will? Or does my ultimate awareness just want the show to go on?I think i put the question right.

I'll like try chi gong or simple meditations but i dont feel like i get anything from them. Seems so hard for me to clear my mind. Recently iv been really focusing on letting go of my ego. I

maby you or someone could help me from that little rant?...One thing i dont understand is if underneath, im not my ego ,but ultimate awareness or w/e shouldn't i be able to stop the show on will?

My Friend,

Meditation is not about letting go of the ego. That is the end result. It takes years of dedication. Meditation is about facing the ego and dismantling it... piece by piece.

It is a western misunderstanding about meditation that one must immediately "let go" and be at peace...

Do not seek to let go of your ego. Seek to make peace with it... This will not happen immediately. It takes time.

I strongly recommend that you find a teacher. Very few Tao masters have ever been able to do it alone. A good teacher will help you dismantle your ego and help you find what you are looking for. But if your ego is your problem, then you are not capable of teaching yourself because your ego is involved in the teaching...

If you are seeking to use acid because you want freedom from your ego, I have bad news... Taking acid will reinforce your ego thousands of times. The result may be permanent as some have already stated. But at least, you will set yourself back by many years. You cannot escape yourself. I know I sound like I am preaching. I am speaking from experience. I have been where you are.

Drugs force open your energy centers and drain your glands of valuable hormones. So, the high you get is like stealing from a bank. You will have to pay it back with interest, maybe you will do some time for it. It is absolutely not worth it. Any spiritual experiences you have from drugs will be false. Once again I am speaking from experience.

If you really want to learn Tao. One of the first lessons is patience and perserverance. This means you have to accept yourself exactly as you are with your ego and ADD and impatience etc... Ask for a teacher and you will find one. Be prepared to take the warrior path of facing your ego and transforming yourself...

my.02..

Mike

Ultimate awareness never stops and never started. The will is actually your kidney energy. Consciousness is the formless process of energy transformation. So when we LISTEN to our own consciousness then the will power unites with the ultimate awareness and this process of LISTENING is formless awareness itself, never ending, never beginning.

One thing i dont understand is if underneath, im not my ego ,but ultimate awareness or w/e shouldn't i be able to stop the show on will? Or does my ultimate awareness just want the show to go on?I think i put the question right.

Why do people continue smoking even though it kills them?

Habits of the mind can be tough to break.

I don't think that the "ultimate awareness" has any preference whether we dwell in illusion or abide in reality.

That ultimate awareness is simply the pure state of our mind. When our mind is not pure we suffer.

When we clean up the mess we can see the purity again, no suffering then.

We, the ego, believe that pain is bad and pleasure is good,

We continue to follow that road in attempt to be happy,

as long as we have faith in following that road.

When we have more faith in abandoning that road rather than following it,

we will abandon it.

Part of us wants to continue to follow, other part of us wants to abandon.

I believe this is a battle between opposite qualities that live inside ourselves.

Belief versus disbelief

God versus demons

Mindfullness vs mindlessness

Detachment vs attachment

The demons will try to make us believe we can not master ourself...

Believing in the act of focusing our mind and being still - will allow us to master ourself.

Another term i use for the act of focusing our mind and being still is

"having faith in god" ... because when detaching the mind by focusing,

our internal energy becomes apparent again,

and this energy is The Master... it is The Mother... The Surpreme Reality... The Tao.

if you believe in The Mother, you will focus.

when the demons succeed in distracting and fooling you, you will let go of focus.

Edited by zazaza

I tried acid on two occasions many years ago, it was really like a massive caffeine pill or something. Hyper for HOURS, and once or twice perhaps had a bit of garbled visual information like a ray of light bending when I inadvertently turned my head fast.

My other buddy took way too much and we were all demons to him. He didnt have a very good time. Come to think of it, mine was...meh, not interesting enough to have done again.

To my mind, lose the acid. I think the best hallucinogen is psilocybin mushrooms. It doesn't have to processed, cooked, or smoked, it's just straight from mother earth. I wouldn't worry about it, also the last bit of acid WILL NOT necessarily be all paranoia, that is obviously only Ninpo's experience and I wouldn't pay much attention to that considering you are an individual. I say experiment if to get it out of your system, but if you really want to grow travel and find a guide or take the experiences hand-in-hand with some form of mindfulness discipline.

As opposed to people saying don't do acid I say do it! If you can get the real stuff do it as you please. Infact, if it was not for that lucky hit of acid I would still be watching mtv eating taco bell and making fun of anime kids..

Infact LSD might elevate your consciousness beyond any level that old school shamnism has gone to because my lsd trip was AMAZING and almost spacey..very cosmic feeling as opposed to anything 'of this earth'. If I could ever get some again I would jump right on it..

Edited by Eviander

Please use some foresight.

Think about how many people in your own family you are going to hurt should something go wrong.

Your family is NOT going to enjoy taking you to the hospital should something go wrong.

I'm speaking as a person that is still in a crisis, hopefully the tail end of it. It has been going on for a while.

Good Luck and please be mindful.

The difference between acid & meditation is that with meditation - the results come much more slowly and you can controll it.

With LSD, there is no controll.

Pharmaceuticaly;

The dose is one microgram per pound of bodyweight - the average dose can fit on a speck of dust floating in the air and it can still float away on your breath. Know your maker - or your chances of meeting your maker increases.

It is the synthetic form of a chemical (Lysurgic Acid diethelamide) that transmits brain messages between one brain cell to another that are in the frontal lobular part of the brain - which controlls sight - thus the artificial visions. It will blind you. Most Blindings are temporary - but not all.

It remains in your system for 37 years and can return in all of its original strength at any time during those 37 years. If you are girl - it can be transferred to your baby(s).

Niacin from the Vitamin B series has been shown to shorten the 37 year flashback possibility for a few if taken a day before. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...e4-fad5669d2d7c

If you really need to try it - Psilocybin mushrooms will give a taste of what is to come. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushrooms

Hydro... I advise you to listen to your own instincts.

Only you will know when and if its right for you.

Try not to pay attention to any of these very serious comments

on what could happen to you...

Everyday you wake up, something life-changing can happen.

Dont live your life in fear.

I tripped on LSD my 1st time about 1 month ago.

I had also been nervous about it... but one day, I knew it was time.

It was an amazing time.

The only way I can describe it:

I saw Everything as beautiful artistic contributions to history.

No matter what anyone says, they can't change that feeling for me.

Also, it will help you to have an experienced LSD user with you.

If there are none handy, trust yourself.

You'll always know whats best for You.

Good luck my friend!!

I too reccommend mushrooms over acid if you are ready for it.

I never tried LSD though.