matt007

Food Inc.

There's absolutely nothing new in that movie for me. And in fact, from what I've gleaned from the trailers and an interview on BBC with the producers, it's actually quite tame and almost cowardly. But for anyone with no clue of what goes on out the industrial food world, definitely a must-see.

There's absolutely nothing new in that movie for me. And in fact, from what I've gleaned from the trailers and an interview on BBC with the producers, it's actually quite tame and almost cowardly. But for anyone with no clue of what goes on out the industrial food world, definitely a must-see.

In my opinion Food Inc was perfect. It was well produced, consistently interesting and dynamic, and very informative. It is what every average American needs to see, IMO.

Why do you say cowardly?

Great movie.

The Botany of Desire is another good movie.

It is a PBS production Based on the book by Michael Pollan.

extremely interesting

Why do you say cowardly?

huh, good question, Old Man, and I honestly can't say why I used that word specifically. I did say almost, though. And I did say that I hadn't even seen the film. What I was remembering was the interview with the producers and their reluctance to take a much more radical stance in calling the industrialists out for the fiends they really are. They were speaking nicely, giving the industry a chance, not really wanting to step on toes too firmly. And that turned my stomach (a little, I don't want to exaggerate).

They were just movie-makers where I was expecting to see activists.

I think that's what I was recalling when I posted last time.

Again, there's nothing new in this film. I know that without watching it. I've read enough descriptions and reviews at IMDB and Amazon to be familiar with pretty much every scene. The truly shocking thing to me is that so many Americans are shocked by it. That really speaks volumes about the success of the industries and their tactics.

edit: I came back to add this: You're right, "cowardly" is unjustified and you were right to call me on it :)

Edited by soaring crane