mouse

Magnet Healing therapies

I contacted Dan Ferrera per Santi's advice and he responded quickly and told me what type of magnets to use, wehre to get them , and sent other info on magnet use. I suggest looking him up on facebook as he is a wealth of knowledge.

Bumping this thread because I would like to know what shapes/configurations are best for use with meditation and Qigong.

Please share your magnetic experiences!!!

Do magnets really do anything you would notice health/fitness wise?

Please share your experiences!!

Thanks all--

Nate

And by configuration, I mean

the shape of the magnet--sphere, cylinder, etc..

and where to place it--dan tien, hands, feet, etc.

gracias.

I always thought magnet therapy and stuff was kind of ridiculous, but since recently I've started to have stronger feelings of qi from qigong practice, I've been going around and "feeling" various things.

While cleaning my house yesterday I found a set of very strong magnets that were left over from one of my brother's science projects. I was playing around with them for a bit and trying to "feel" the magnetic energy. For about an hour after I stopped playing with them, my hands felt very magnetized, and when brought together or against parts of my body I could feel various "push" and "pull" distinctions.

So maybe something there.

Or all in my head :lol:

I contacted Dan Ferrera per Santi's advice and he responded quickly and told me what type of magnets to use, wehre to get them , and sent other info on magnet use. I suggest looking him up on facebook as he is a wealth of knowledge.

ryansmith--

Any chance you could send me a link, his email address, or even better--the info he sent you?

There are several Dan Ferrera's on facebook, so if you could help me narrow that all down, I'd really be greatful to you.

thanks--

Nate

So maybe something there.

Or all in my head :lol:

A thought, word, and movements are 1st manifested in the head (mind/neural pathways/etc) before they are felt or done in the physical. There is no real difference at times. Whatever you felt, you felt.

scientific SOUTH SIDE is the TRUE NORTH or the "Yin" Side just to specify so folks do not screw them selves up :)

That is the side that I use aswell works great to heal or to meditate with.

scientific North Side or "YANG" side can cause cancer cells to grow etc. So not good idea to use for long periods. Where as the YIN side you can be on them for hours with out issue. I use mine for a few hours a day with out issue.

and then, I re read this thread and found THIS

http://www.health-sc...com/magnet.html

and my questions were answered.

Thank you Santi, steam and everseeking. smile.gif That cleared things up for me!

The terminology w.r.t. polarity is really confusing. wacko.gif

Some books try to give a working definition of their terms, but mostly are not being precise enough to rule out mistakes on their part. So you get to guess what they assume and where their definition comes from, which is not satisfactory.

Basically, if I can't clearly feel the energetic actions of the polarities and don't have anyone around for muscle testing me, it comes down to a question of trust. IMO, Walter Last really explained the polarity issue very well here: HOW MAGNETIC POLES ARE NAMED

He seems to be experienced and has studied the literature.

This book also seems to be a reputable source:

Alternative medicine: the definitive guide / Magnetic Field Therapy

It uses the "positive/negative polarity" terms and defines:

if one is using a compass to locate the poles, the arrowhead of the needle marked "N" or "North" will point to the magnet's negative pole

So, negative polarity = scientific south = bio-north (Davis/Rawls) = yin side.

Now, on to experiment ...

The next mosquito sting gets a magnet treatment smile.gif

Edited by lydian