NeiChuan

Energy stuck in the chest.

If so how do I get rid of it?

I've been doing circulation for along time aswell as lower DT breathing.

What is your experience like? I might have the same type of problem. I generally can only feel negative emotions in my heart area, I don't really feel good energy in my heart unless a cute girl flirts with me or I am laughing really hard. Unless it's negative, or the above positive examples, I don't really feel much in my heart/chest.

I too am interested in how to get rid of it...

well its not negative emotions.. Im pretty sure old qi gong practice, I use to breath with my chest (noone had told me otherwise).

Deep abdominal breathing at least 1/2hr per day. Try to "hold" your energy no higher then your heart. Swallow saliva 9 times down to your Dan Tien with your breath (i.e. breath out when you swallow down) whenever you feel too much pressure in the head.

this happened to me a few weeks ago after an intense session of meditation, yoga, and reverse breathing. too much concentrating on the chest. i couldn't get rid of it for two days, had uncomfortable pressure in my ribs.

personally, what helped was to raise sexual energy, and then breath it down to my dantien. deep breaths, with the tongue to the roof of the mouth, swallow the breath down into the abdomen. i did this during dual cultivation, but it could be done alone as well. the reason i think sexual energy made it easier for me to move this excess energy was because my orbit runs more easily when aroused, and that energy is sometimes easier to "sense" and redirect.

an imperceptible, slight smile will help open the heart and crown. keep that smile all day... use it as a waking meditation. If you hold that smile all day long , you will be forced to confront habits and patterns of negativity you never realized you had. As you smile, allow the heart energy to move down to the dan tien. Can't force it... Let it dissipate on it's own...

That's my experience anyway... Hope it helps. IMO the imperceptible all day smile meditation is the key to energy mastery...

:o Hey, maybe, I should write a book about it and make millions!!!(said jokingly but now I am seriously considering it...)

smiling energy is definitely good :)

i wanted to add a note to my last post. i was thinking about it after i wrote that, and if you are not used to working with sexual energy, then i wouldn't advise using this to rid excess energy in any area, it could make it worse. i don't know what your experience with circulating the orbit or anything like that is. my experience has been that running my orbit when aroused is easier and more powerful. but for someone who doesn't work with sexual energy trying to control energy in an aroused state can actually be more difficult.

anyhow, the simplest answer is often best. breathing down to the abdomen, smiling, relaxing, there you go :D

I generally can only feel negative emotions in my heart area, I don't really feel good energy in my heart unless a cute girl flirts with me or I am laughing really hard.

When you feel a negative emotion, regard it as energy. Feel what it's like. Then do lower DT breathing, focusing on expanding all sides of the abdomen like a balloon. The emotion will easily transform into pure energy.

If an emotion is too strong, you should exercise first.

something that worked for me was to hold the palms facing down on either side of the centerline just below the middle dantien area in conjunction with the breath