Dark

Dark

Welcome, Dark!

Please come in and have some tea and cookies... we were just sitting around here thinking how darn LIGHT it is in here and were wishing for a shadow or something to cross our paths and lo! here you arrive and darn it! we're just gonna shine our light and brighten things up for ya a little! Some TaoBums hospitality!

Hey, man do you guys have that Tamarind candy in your country? I love how it's sour and tart and salty and sweet all rolled into one... Yeah, I love that...

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Hi Dark,

I listen to a lot of Bluegrass music. There is a fiddle style that is considered 'dark' by many. But even it too can be used to express what is otherwise unexpressible.

Peace & Love!

Hi Dark,

No, I am not in a dark place not am I lonely.

The song that came to mind to you question was "One Track Mind" by Kevin Williamson but I can't find it on the internet. The fiddle player that played with the Gillis Brothers could paly some really good 'dark' fiddle as well but that group has broke up and I can't remember who the fiddle player is with now.

That style of fiddle playing isn't too popular because most people think it sounds 'devilish'.

Charlie Daniels could play some dirty fiddle too. Have heard anything about him lately.

Another good fiddle player was with the Johnson Mountain Band but they too have broke up.

One of the things I get from Bluegrass music is an understanding of how fortunate I am compared to some of the folks sung about in those songs.

Peace & Love!